ADVERTISEMENT

Sporting News running with Higgins / UK fans story

"Hit on my 13 year old son and clogged my toilet and didn't tell anyone" [roll]

screenshot_1.jpg

It is easy writing for sports reporters to marginalize fans complaints about officials. No fan ever feels they are treated fairly so why not write a cute little story and dismiss the nutjobs? Officials can never be biased or corrupt right? Ask the NBA.

College basketball is BIG BUSINESS. It is BIG BUSINESS because the fans watch. A Final Four means millions to the university through payout and marketing. The fans spend thousands of dollars going to games and I as I wrote in another thread with the implied statement from the NCAA that the officials will be neutral and not biased. Look if Higgins is not biased against UK after seeing the calls against UCONN, Wisconsin and now UNC coupled with the body language and way he acts toward Coach Cal, then at best he is unqualified to be an official.

Heaven forbid someone from the media take a look at his record with UK. No it is easier to just meet your deadline by writing an article about the lunatic fan base.

It is easy writing for sports reporters to marginalize fans complaints about officials. No fan ever feels they are treated fairly so why not write a cute little story and dismiss the nutjobs? Officials can never be biased or corrupt right? Ask the NBA.

College basketball is BIG BUSINESS. It is BIG BUSINESS because the fans watch. A Final Four means millions to the university through payout and marketing. The fans spend thousands of dollars going to games and I as I wrote in another thread with the implied statement from the NCAA that the officials will be neutral and not biased. Look if Higgins is not biased against UK after seeing the calls against UCONN, Wisconsin and now UNC coupled with the body language and way he acts toward Coach Cal, then at best he is unqualified to be an official.

Heaven forbid someone from the media take a look at his record with UK. No it is easier to just meet your deadline by writing an article about the lunatic fan base.
and not just marketing/payout for the university, but also draft position for the players. these stories in themselves are hypocritical. still glad they're getting written. any fool can see there is now a palpable conflict of interest present and he should never call another uk game again.

^^^This. All of this.

Class-action suits have started for less. All of BBN that lost money on the extra tickets, hotels, travel expenses, etc. for the 2015 Championship Game should sue the NCAA for letting a known biased Cat-killer be a referee in the FF Wisconsin game.

you think people that post bs reviews get into trouble? lol.
True story ... the town I live in. We have a facebook page that members can join, it's called Hip [insert city name]. So, people were posting on the page about this business that was doing some shady things. The owner of said business has opened a lawsuit, not sure against whom. Anyways, he is suing for some astronomical dollars because it has damaged his business. Maybe he is going after the folks who posted the damning information. Not sure. I'm also not sure if it will hold up. Just found it slightly related, and interesting.

True story ... the town I live in. We have a facebook page that members can join, it's called Hip [insert city name]. So, people were posting on the page about this business that was doing some shady things. The owner of said business has opened a lawsuit, not sure against whom. Anyways, he is suing for some astronomical dollars because it has damaged his business. Maybe he is going after the folks who posted the damning information. Not sure. I'm also not sure if it will hold up. Just found it slightly related, and interesting.

Slander and libel are extremely difficult to prove in court.

there's no way to police it in general is my point. and it's not policed. people receive bs reviews on yelp and a thousand other sites every day. do you know how hard that would be to police without a database for everyone's identity. even then not all reviewers reveal their identity. the website can't just reveal your identity necessarily either. and even THEN who is to say the person themselves logged on and wrote it and not someone else with access. you see where this goes. unless you have a video of you posting it under your info there is a tremendous lack of proof. going to go out on a limb and guess that owner won't win any suit.

Reactions: jarms24
Sad, makes an overall great and knowledgeable fan base look like gutter trash redneck yahoos. Anybody happy about this portrayal of UK fans is sadly deranged IMO. For the first time in my life actually ashamed to be associated with the BBN.

Reactions: KisteK
You never know what type of roads a story like this will go down. Higgins has to be sweating hard.. at the very least his officiating days could be numbered. I'm at the point now where I'd like to hear what he knows.

Regardless of how this turns out...i wonder if cal can use this in the future to prevent higgins from reffing our games. No way he can remain "unbiased" after this....you would think the ncaa would recuse him to prevent the appearance of any bias results

Sad, makes an overall great and knowledgeable fan base look like gutter trash redneck yahoos. Anybody happy about this portrayal of UK fans is sadly deranged IMO. For the first time in my life actually ashamed to be associated with the BBN.

Good, go elsewhere then.

Aside from the few fans making threats.. our fanbase is taking Higgins and the NCAA to task. Kentucky got blatantly hosed, we've had enough, and we're doing something about it.

Imagine if this dude gets fired, he squeals, someone investigates...

I'm absolutely, positively, loving this.

Last edited:
Not my first time, but I agree.

Regardless of how this turns out...i wonder if cal can use this in the future to prevent higgins from reffing our games. No way he can remain "unbiased" after this....you would think the ncaa would recuse him to prevent the appearance of any bias results

We need to make damn well sure this happens.. After today, Higgins shouldn't even be able to contact the officials calling our game for 24 hours prior... let alone wear a whistle on the court..

No Ifs, Ands, or Buts.. Higgins should never ref another Kentucky game for as long as he lives.

Pretty proud of BBN actually..

I forwarded the article to a guy that loves CBB but doesn't root for any certain team and he said they all should be sued and it was a dispicable way for adults to behave. I'm shocked at how many of our fans are total gutter trash as well and don't even care. Sadly, most of our worst fans didn't even graduate from High School, let alone College. I hope most of the posters here that think its funny are under 15 years old. That's they only way to explain it. Only a lowlife would engage in trying to harass a referee.

Reactions: UKCATSFREAK
this writer is so naive. as if john higgins didn't ruin more than that sunday, and in year's past. and as if it didn't cost us money his ruining these games. just so naive.

My mind hadnt event gone there. When you consider his impact, our missed final fours, missed national championships, missed perfect season - Higgins has probably cost the university $100+ million, no hyperbole.

Slander and libel are extremely difficult to prove in court.
also you have to prove they were or weren't a customer. and that the said things did or didn't happen. there's no law enforcement database that keeps track of this. the owner would have to provide the evidence themselves. and there is not a law stopping lies on the internet. as is there's really no way to guarantee integrity or prove intent. someone would just have to try really hard and work really closely with a lawyer, and hope the social media site would work with them and that the perpetrator's identity could be confirmed, as well as the actions themselves identified to the person.

I disagree that it's not right. You screw people over you should expect to get screwed. Only fools think they can screw people without being called at some point. He deserves what he gets. If I thought it was just a bad game that'd be one thing. He intentionally and repeatedly has screwed U.K.

Gotta admit, I get a kick out of the intentionally humorous ones, but a lot of the others especially the threatening ones do exactly what dstroya says.

Reactions: Uk74tileyedie
ADVERTISEMENT