ADVERTISEMENT

Somto commits to UK

1. Somto is a good prospect to get.
2. But can't go into 2023 season with just Bad-Foot-Bradshaw, Burks, Ugo and Tre Mitchell......that ain't going to work for next year. You can't hardly argue this is a good enough group to play well along a very young backcourt.

Now what ? We wait until the end of July to see what happens. WHY would he take classes to reclassify and everyone said he has pretty much done enough but just a few loose ends to qualify for the reclass, then not do it ? I will tell you. It is so he can officially commit to satisfy UK and come aboard, then when he finishes his coursework, he will THEN announce the move up to 23. Watch and see. Save this post and I will admit im.wrong if it doesn't happen.

It only makes "zero sense" if you take it at face value, which you shouldn't do.

Marvin Bagley said he wouldn't reclassify to 2017, and he did.

Jamal Murray's high school coach said he won't reclassify, and he did.

They say they won't do it until they do it.
Murray was a reclass?? Holy crap I dont remember that. Damn he was so good.

Reactions: pedroborbon
Now what ? We wait until the end of July to see what happens. WHY would he take classes to reclassify and everyone said he has pretty much done enough but just a few loose ends to qualify for the reclass, then not do it ? I will tell you. It is so he can officially commit to satisfy UK and come aboard, then when he finishes his coursework, he will THEN announce the move up to 23. Watch and see. Save this post and I will admit if I'm wrong.
Always sounded to me like it could be tough for him do the schoolwork required by July to qualify. Glad he’s committed though.
Quite the opposite. He was and is ahead of schedule to reclass. It was stated he would not have any problems. Read my post a few above yours to explain the situation.

Either class he ends up in, it's a good commitment. Also leaves open the chance to get Dante this year if he did elect to transfer.

To all the people saying we need more, how many is going to be enough? Ugo, Bradshaw, Mitchell, with Edwards, Burks and Thiero able to backfill them is a pretty solid arsenal of frontcourt players. Obviously, if Bradshaw is a no go, it changes things a bit. It sounds like that isn't an expectation though.

Now what ? We wait until the end of July to see what happens. WHY would he take classes to reclassify and everyone said he has pretty much done enough but just a few loose ends to qualify for the reclass, then not do it ? I will tell you. It is so he can officially commit to satisfy UK and come aboard, then when he finishes his coursework, he will THEN announce the move up to 23. Watch and see. Save this post and I will admit if I'm wrong.

Quite the opposite. He was and is ahead of schedule to reclass. It was stated he would not have any problems. Read my post a few above yours to explain the situation.
Kyle Tucker doesn't seem to agree.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT