ADVERTISEMENT

Somto commits to UK

It only makes "zero sense" if you take it at face value, which you shouldn't do.

Marvin Bagley said he wouldn't reclassify to 2017, and he did.

Jamal Murray's high school coach said he won't reclassify, and he did.

They say they won't do it until they do it.
The problem is time is running out for the fall semester: he may be able to reclassify and join for the spring term.

Does Cal have anymore buddies that can get a DUI and get fired so he can land a legit 5 and everyone has to "apologize to him", because he had that planned the whole time?

Asking for a friend.
Ok you call everyone out for stirring the pot, what is the purpose of this post ? Another positive thread invaded. But it's just Cal supporters who hijack threads. Your act is so tired and played out. Narcissist, your picture is beside the definition. And save the blah blah blah bs response.

I mean why would he choose to commit, today.. if he wasn't going to reclass? This seems to be one of those sports news breaks, where the player/team says one thing, but there's just too much evidence to the contrary. Especially when you think of Cal's future tenure here being shaky... why would Somto commit to play here 16 months early?

Ok you call everyone out for stirring the pot, what is the purpose of this post ? Another positive thread invaded. But it's just Cal supporters who hijack threads. Your act is so tired and played out. Narcissist, your picture is beside the definition. And save the blah blah blah bs response.
Damn dude, get a sense of humor.

It’s funny and true at the same time. Get it, nudge, nudge.

But seriously, it wouldn’t hurt if another coach got fired right now.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Cal-1

Most of us, including me-0

Now Cal needs to win big this season and get most of us back on board fully. I know he’s 24’ class but the commitment is weird timing if he isn’t gonna reclassify. I think he does.

• Haha
Reactions: jameslee32
We needed a ‘24 class signing but we will not be physical at all at the 4-5 spots this coming season.

Will be a huge issue.
I don’t know. In 12 Jones at PF was only physical guy and he preferred finesse. In 20 we didn’t have much physical play.
Theiro and Mitchell may be able to be that

Reactions: Fox2monk
Is there any mention of credit recovery? If so it's a lock he's going to reclassify. If he's taking classes now, it sure seems like he's positioning to reclassify. Otherwise why take summer classes at all? Assuming no grade issues of course, which seems to be a thing of the past for athletes nowadays
Agree …not sure about the recovery …I’ll check when Roberts posts something

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
I'm not buying it that he will not re classify. But if it is true there is a guy out there he's almost 7 ft but he's not a bruiser he's pretty thin however he can score close in. That is Muhamed Wague, another WVU guy that is currently in the portal. I don't think Carl will go after him but nevertheless he's there.

Cal-1

Most of us, including me-0

Now Cal needs to win big this season and get most of us back on board fully. I know he’s 24’ class but the commitment is weird timing if he isn’t gonna reclassify. I think he does.
Huh? Why is it 1-0 Cal? What happened?

Are you talking about Cal landing a 4* project center for 2024? That looks like a 0-0 draw to me.

Huh? Why is it 1-0 Cal? What happened?

Are you talking about Cal landing a 4* project center for 2024? That looks like a 0-0 draw to me.

Because he proved every national reporter and 99% of this board, including you wrong. Do I need to go back and copy and paste some of your comments from when we had 7 scholarship players??? 😁

Yeah he's ranked lower than Ugo last year. Yet half this board thinks he's better than him already. Ugo is and will be our starting Center this year no matter if Somto comes or not.
I think Onyenso will get more minutes because even if Cyril is here, he won’t be on campus until August. That puts him behind.

I can see Onyenso getting 20 minutes or so and Cyril getting around 10 minutes. The rest of the minutes (around 10 minutes) will likely go to Bradshaw.

Reactions: Fox2monk and G-PIP
Cyril counted scholarship offers from the likes of Cincinnati, Indiana, Kansas, Providence and Tennessee among others during his recruiting process.

“It’s just how they play basketball. They’re a winning team,” Cyril said. “I know they’re having a rough road right now but, the Kentucky I know and the one I grew up watching, they’ve been a winning team from the very beginning. Hopefully, they’re gonna get it back together. I love watching their basketball. And of course, the big dude, last year, he won the Player of the Year, Oscar Tshiebwe.”

Cyril also took a moment to describe his game in his own words. “I feel like, offensively, I just need to be able to make plays for my teammates on the ball,” Cyril said. “I know I can do that off the ball and defensively, I get the job done. I stop people from scoring. I block shots. I get rebounds. I just try my best to get stops and that’s about it.”

Good I feel better about my post. Kyle Tucker said no way Reeves stays at UK. He is not exactly in the know, you know ?

I don't recall Kyle Tucker ever saying that there was "No way Reeves stays at UK".
I could be forgetting a particular tweet of his, but I was checking Twitter (and message boards) seemingly every five minutes or so during all the "Will he stay or go?" drama with Reeves.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Cyril would be very young to make the jump. Very nice to see him on board for next year. It opens up a spot for a forward this year that would not come with 4 front court players already. Need is now one player.. many teams have that.. but still can find one.

Because he proved every national reporter and 99% of this board, including you wrong. Do I need to go back and copy and paste some of your comments from when we had 7 scholarship players??? 😁
Please do. Please find posts from me where I am now proven wrong. I'll wait.

How did Cal prove anyone wrong? He brought in a couple 3* kids, begged Reeves to come back and apparently hired a cop to get Huggins drunk.

WTF are you smoking? He didn’t just land AD and MKG, he landed a couple guys with flaws and he still doesn't have a center that is worth a damn.

If anyone was proven wrong, it's you.

• Haha
Reactions: bnewt
Please do. Please find posts from me where I am now proven wrong. I'll wait.

How did Cal prove anyone wrong? He brought in a couple 3* kids, begged Reeves to come back and apparently hired a cop to get Huggins drunk.

WTF are you smoking? He didn’t just land AD and MKG, he landed a couple guys with flaws and he still doesn't have a center that is worth a damn.

If anyone was proven wrong, it's you.

I was proven wrong, I already admitted that.. lol

You failed to mention the #1 recruiting class, just the lower ranked recruits in the class because it fits your agenda better.

Just take the L with grace. Let’s be honest tho, you are wrong, a lot!!!

I was proven wrong, I already admitted that.. lol

You failed to mention the #1 recruiting class, just the lower ranked recruits in the class because it fits your agenda better.

Just take the L with grace. Let’s be honest tho, you are wrong, a lot!!!
What are you talking about? Are you actually bragging about recruiting banners? We had the #1 class in 2020 too, how did that work out?

I'm still trying to figure out how Cal is up 1-0.

People in these very thread saying grads are reaching out to Kentucky or saying they know are lying and need to find something better to do. Then lie on a message board. We need a center this year and so far only have Ugo. Not good at all.

By proving you, I and every national analyst wrong. Do you have reading comprehension?
No he is a narcissist. He spews bs over and over in any thread positive about UK, usuws no facts to back his BS, then cries people are picking on him. Simple solution would be for his negative ass to stay out of good news threads and stay in the MANY Cal hate threads where he belongs. But he wouldn't have anyone to argue with so he trolls around positive threads and causes drama. He is miserable and is getting his ass handed to him by many, you would think he would give up, but no he keeps coming back for more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT