ADVERTISEMENT

Some friendly advice to those of you who are defending Cal in the Sharpe debacle.

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
You guys aren't helping Calipari's cause.

At all.

Not one of you has created an objectively convincing argument in this entire process. Not one. It's a shame @GonzoCat90 isn't posting right now, because he at least can create something soundly coherent and persuasive, even when he's floating on his one-man contrarian raft against a tidal wave of oppositional opinions.

Some of you keep rehashing the same old Calipari defenses:

1. "What coach in American would turn away the #1 player" (a fallacious argument that screams "loaded question" and "false choice")?

2. "Cal didn't know what would happen. He got played by the kid" (another false choice fallacy that neglects the February meeting Calipari had with Sharpe).

3. Or the intellectually gutter-level argument of "things change." Hate to tell you fellas, but things don't change when it comes to kids who are considered top 10 picks since before they even arrive on a college campus.

You guys should go away for a while. Let us vent. Let us spew. Let us kick and yell and burn the conversational landscape to a golden crisp.

Then, once we've utilized this message board for one of its actual purposes -- to vent -- you guys can come back once the storm has passed.

Right now, however, your weak rebuttals and deflections are only hurting Calipari. If you truly seek to help him, you're doing a miserable job with your half-baked efforts at counter arguments.

Last edited:
Will Sharpe be considered as though he may of played at Duke or UofL? We were obviously used for NIL and practice bodies by him and his handlers. Just because he wore practice gear and had no real intention of playing doesn't make him a Cat in my opinion. If anything he took some recognition off kids that wanted to play here.

Chris Gettlefinger is 100% a cat for life. Sharpe will never be a cat in my book, nor should he be in anyones. I feel sorry for anyone who thought there was any chance that kid was ever stepping foot on Rupps floor for live game action once it was known he was draft eligible.

You went a long way around and wasted a whole lot of characters to say "shut up and go away!" Why would you even care if anyone helps or hurts Calipari’s case? If they are hurting his case, why would you want them to stop? Your post is a contradiction. Nothing said on this board has any bearing whatsoever on Cal's "case."

The funniest part is you think anyone's opinion on this board has any affect on Cal or the program. This place is the lunatic fringe of the fan base and they rightly should ignore everything going on here.
Yet you hang on our EVERY WORD ready to pounce!!!

This board is the BIGGEST AND BEST in ALL of college basketball. And YES, players, media and I’m sure coaches read it to get the pulse of the die hard fan base.

Heck, for all we know YOU are Cal or Mitch.

🤨🤨

Last edited:
The funniest part is you think anyone's opinion on this board has any affect on Cal or the program. This place is the lunatic fringe of the fan base and they rightly should ignore everything going on here.
Is that the "funniest part?"

I thought the funniest part was that some posters log in every day, knowing how an overwhelming portion of this board presently feels, but still seek to try to alter the general trend of the board while simultaneously calling that trend a "lunatic fringe."

You're either a righteous crusader truly bent on changing the minds of the collective masses or you just love to argue. In either case, you need to step up your game a bit.

You went a long way around and wasted a whole lot of characters to say "shut up and go away!" Why would you even care if anyone helps or hurts Calipari’s case? If they are hurting his case, why would you want them to stop? Your post is a contradiction. Nothing said on this board has any bearing whatsoever on Cal's "case."
This board is a microcosm for BBN. Check Twitter, social media, KSR, call-in radio, and national/local media to confirm.

Our fans are not happy. So while this board doesn't carry weight in and of itself, it does represent a sizeable portion of BBN from a microcosmic level.

We aren't operating in a vacuum here. We are one battalion in a growing legion of fan disgruntlement. That reality of the collective whole will most certainly carry weight.

I see your point. I honestly do. But Triple C is a cancer to UK bball at this point. He mocks the BBN and admittedly gets more satisfaction out of a player signing a NBA contract than he would get from a NC. I know I’m old school but his job is getting the most out of UK basketball and he’s spitting in the fans faces. A lot of UK people are starting to despise that phony and if this board moves that needle (Cal Speak) in any way I’m all for it. Triple C is a fraud.

At all.

Not one of you has created an objectively convincing argument in this entire process. Not one. It's a shame @GonzoCat90 isn't posting right now, because he at least can create something soundly coherent and persuasive, even when he's floating on his one-man contrarian raft against a tidal wave of oppositional opinions.

1. "What coach in American would turn away the #1 player" (a fallacious argument that screams "loaded question" and "false choice")?

2. "Cal didn't know what would happen. He got played by the kid" (another false choice fallacy that neglects the February meeting Calipari had with Sharpe).

3. Or the intellectually gutter-level argument of "things change." Hate to tell you fellas, but things don't change when it comes to kids who are considered top 10 picks since before they even arrive on a college campus.

You guys should go away for a while. Let us vent. Let us spew. Let us kick and yell and burn the conversational landscape to a golden crisp.

Then, once we've utilized this message board for one of its actual purposes -- to vent -- you guys can come back once the storm has passed.

Right now, however, your weak rebuttals and deflections are only hurting Calipari. If you truly seek to help him, you're doing a miserable job with your half-baked efforts at counter arguments.
Laugh!!!! Yeah, believe the hater.

Laugh!!!! Yeah, believe the hater.
giphy.gif

Actually you came to mind earlier today when I was posting. I wondered why I hadn’t seen your post for awhile. Doesn’t matter. Today was a good day, and seeing you post again made it better. We don’t see eye to eye, but so what? Today was a good day.

At all.

I will agree with one thing.
There's something called reaction to action.
Words are a powerful tool.
They have resulted in death, life, good,bad etc.
Time is the sands running through the individuals hourglass.
Make the most of it.

Actually you came to mind earlier today when I was posting. I wondered why I hadn’t seen your post for awhile. Doesn’t matter. Today was a good day, and seeing you post again made it better. We don’t see eye to eye, but so what? Today was a good day.
Yeah, I've been staying away for the most part. I check in and see what's going on but I don't always post. Too much negativity here and very little hope for anything to change about that anytime soon. I get the anger and frustration because I feel it too. Irrational posts telling anyone with a differing opinion to shut up and go away irritate me, so that got a reaction. I'm over it now. 😀

Like it or not, the posters predicting Sharpe would never play here and that this would end in a mess were the smart ones, and you people were the dumb ones. And now you don't like having to eat the crow you're being served. But you earned it by being nasty to the smart ones. So deal with it and take your medicine or GTFO. Doesn't matter to me. If you want to persist in saying dumb things, knock yourself out. But the smart ones know that you're just an angry child who doesn't like being called out.

Maybe you should have thought it through before dishing it out over the last few months.

Grow up.

Yeah, I've been staying away for the most part. I check in and see what's going on but I don't always post. Too much negativity here and very little hope for anything to change about that anytime soon. I get the anger and frustration because I feel it too. Irrational posts telling anyone with a differing opinion to shut up and go away irritate me, so that got a reaction. I'm over it now. 😀
Understand. I don’t really know why I keep coming back and posting either. Except today. My dad would have been 90. So, I guess, today, for him. There’s no poster on this board that could hold a candle to his fandom.

At all.

You're a joke. There's no way to present a compelling argument when you ignore valid points. Instead of venting go get a life, then boys running around in shorts won't be so important in your life.

Reactions: maxp12
Like it or not, the posters predicting Sharpe would never play here and that this would end in a mess were the smart ones, and you people were the dumb ones. And now you don't like having to eat the crow you're being served. But you earned it by being nasty to the smart ones. So deal with it and take your medicine or GTFO. Doesn't matter to me. If you want to persist in saying dumb things, knock yourself out. But the smart ones know that you're just an angry child who doesn't like being called out.

Maybe you should have thought it through before dishing it out over the last few months.

Grow up.

They weren't any smarter than anyone else. They picked a side and turned out to be correct, it's not like they had some incredible deduction or inside knowledge.

This board is a microcosm for BBN. Check Twitter, social media, KSR, call-in radio, and national/local media to confirm.

Our fans are not happy. So while this board doesn't carry weight in and of itself, it does represent a sizeable portion of BBN from a microcosmic level.

We aren't operating in a vacuum here. We are one battalion in a growing legion of fan disgruntlement. That reality of the collective whole will most certainly carry weight.

There are people who aren't happy (me) and then there are you (you).

Those are two different types of people.

😉

At all.

A-men.

At all.

Mrs Cal said she would withhold the goods of Cal didn't take him! What would you do?

At all.

You're right. It helps him a lot more to crap on him every post and thread that you make. If he knew how much you were helping him he would send you roses. You're a great example for all of us. Thanks

Reactions: clifm
Chris Gettlefinger is 100% a cat for life. Sharpe will never be a cat in my book, nor should he be in anyones. I feel sorry for anyone who thought there was any chance that kid was ever stepping foot on Rupps floor for live game action once it was known he was draft eligible.
Chris Gettlfinger is not walking through that door

• Haha
Reactions: NavyCat88
You're right. It helps him a lot more to crap on him every post and thread that you make. If he knew how much you were helping him he would send you roses. You're a great example for all of us. Thanks
When I read your post, I couldn't help but think you looked like this guy while you typed. Even with the little doggy in your lap.

200.gif

Last edited:
And there are pot stirrers on both sides.
Some are so deeply entrenched in their opinions and or perceptions s that they can't
see the forest for the trees.

ADVERTISEMENT