ADVERTISEMENT

Some friendly advice to those of you who are defending Cal in the Sharpe debacle.

Like it or not, the posters predicting Sharpe would never play here and that this would end in a mess were the smart ones, and you people were the dumb ones. And now you don't like having to eat the crow you're being served. But you earned it by being nasty to the smart ones. So deal with it and take your medicine or GTFO. Doesn't matter to me. If you want to persist in saying dumb things, knock yourself out. But the smart ones know that you're just an angry child who doesn't like being called out.

Maybe you should have thought it through before dishing it out over the last few months.

Grow up.
Smart people usually don't go around calling themselves smart. Those that do are typically insecure and need approval. Look at the amount of Sharpe posts you've bumped, ones that you created months ago as evidence. You resort to name-calling in pretty much every post and tell others to grow up.

Like how you call posters trolls? Or how about Ed/Kl/Bluedog who has thrown insults all day?!
Smart people usually don't go around calling themselves smart. Those that do are typically insecure and need approval. Look at the amount of Sharpe posts you've bumped, ones that you created months ago as evidence. You resort to name-calling in pretty much every post and tell others to grow up.

When I read your post, I couldn't help but think you looked like this guy while you typed. Even with the little doggy in your lap.

200.gif
Precious but irrelevant. If Oscar knew you were using him as your avatar he would sue you for defamation based on your hateful posts. Or perform an exorcism on you.

Last edited:
I see your point. I honestly do. But Triple C is a cancer to UK bball at this point. He mocks the BBN and admittedly gets more satisfaction out of a player signing a NBA contract than he would get from a NC. I know I’m old school but his job is getting the most out of UK basketball and he’s spitting in the fans faces. A lot of UK people are starting to despise that phony and if this board moves that needle (Cal Speak) in any way I’m all for it. Triple C is a fraud.
Not to mention his sycophants hatefully piling on every chance they get. The battle lines were drawn months ago, and this civil war has to play out until Cal leaves.

They weren't any smarter than anyone else. They picked a side and turned out to be correct, it's not like they had some incredible deduction or inside knowledge.
That's exactly what it was. We understood what was happening and that it had never happened before. Frankly it doesn't take a rocket scientist to get it, so in that sense you're right, but how DUMB does that make YOU for being on the wrong side? MEGA GIGA SUPER DUMB. And you continue to double down because you don't know how to withdraw gracefully. So now you take your medicine.

Drink up!

Reactions: TM2013
Like how you call posters trolls? Or how about Ed/Kl/Bluedog who has thrown insults all day?!
Whataboutism. I pointed out KCF was another poster and I personally have barely used the term "troll". Shoot, the most recent convo where I used that term to describe someone was when I was telling @kyjeff1 there were posters who came out of the woodwork after losses like @bigcatfan or whatever his name was.

What a hypocrite. You're one to talk about name calling. Or stalking. Or bumping threads.

Either you're completely unaware of the nastiness that occurred back in Jan and Feb from the Cal defenders attacking his critics, or you are deliberately ignoring it because you approve of it. Either way, you have zero credibility here. You've NEVER added ANYTHING substantive to a discussion here.

You went a long way around and wasted a whole lot of characters to say "shut up and go away!" Why would you even care if anyone helps or hurts Calipari’s case? If they are hurting his case, why would you want them to stop? Your post is a contradiction. Nothing said on this board has any bearing whatsoever on Cal's "case."
I disagree , lot of important (ha ha ) social media guys get their show preps here . They take things like bass fan and sejonesy and run with it . Course they get proven wrong as well. Honestly this place is Ky basketball. Its the most educated caring passionate fans . And most want Cal gone . And that produces heat at some level

Neither. I think it’s the Kentucky fan UBB. Why would Sharpe want to play for people that hate Kentucky and their coach. The Under Belly Bitchers won and are to blame.

The funniest part is you think anyone's opinion on this board has any affect on Cal or the program. This place is the lunatic fringe of the fan base and they rightly should ignore everything going on here.

What a hypocrite. You're one to talk about name calling. Or stalking. Or bumping threads.

Either you're completely unaware of the nastiness that occurred back in Jan and Feb from the Cal defenders attacking his critics, or you are deliberately ignoring it because you approve of it. Either way, you have zero credibility here. You've NEVER added ANYTHING substantive to a discussion here.
To be fair during the season I would only pay attention to the game threads. Anything else not so much. I'm just going by what I see whenever I'm on and that's you being toxic to others. Yes, it happens from the other side as well and there's no excuse.

As for your first point, I logged on a few weeks after the loss to SP and see multiple posts bumped by a new user, threads made by LCC.

Ofc that's going to raise flags and deserved attention. LCC has been toxic to multiple posters and realizing the commonality between you and LCC it deserved to be called out on. Don't be a dick to others as it comes across as childish.

Childish like the very last thing you said. Using caps, another form of insecurity. I've had rational discussions with other posters on this board, posters who I tend to not have the same opinion with and there was always a respectable back and forth on the matters being discussed. That alone is evidence enough for disproving your last point.

The problem with you is you don't know how to be civil. If someone posts something you disagree with you resort to name calling.

The funniest part is you think anyone's opinion on this board has any affect on Cal or the program. This place is the lunatic fringe of the fan base and they rightly should ignore everything going on here.
The funniest part is that you seem to object to anyone having an opinion other than the one you have. The truth is that most UK fans are fed up to their ears with Cal and his crap. It doesn't matter if you believe it or not. You are correct in that this board is a small sample of UK fans in the state. Some have never even heard of this board let alone posted on it. The majority of UK fans are done with Cal, but by all means let the Cal fan club carry on. and go about business as usual

The funniest part is that you seem to object to anyone having an opinion other than the one you have. The truth is that most UK fans are fed up to their ears with Cal and his crap. It doesn't matter if you believe it or not. You are correct in that this board is a small sample of UK fans in the state. Some have never even heard of this board let alone posted on it. The majority of UK fans are done with Cal, but by all means let the Cal fan club carry on. and go about business as usual
Spam used to always tell people to calm down and he wasn’t even close to being as combative as he is now. He loses his mind if anyone criticizes Calipari. Even the fair criticisms set him off, just like Bass and Ed. It’s really strange.

Chris Gettlefinger is 100% a cat for life. Sharpe will never be a cat in my book, nor should he be in anyones. I feel sorry for anyone who thought there was any chance that kid was ever stepping foot on Rupps floor for live game action once it was known he was draft eligible.
“Glasses up” for a Chris Gettlefinger reset. Gotta be in the 50 & over BBN club to remember the Rupp crowd cheering on a four-year role player and proud Cat when we cleared the bench.
GBB!

You guys aren't helping Calipari's cause.

At all.

Not one of you has created an objectively convincing argument in this entire process. Not one. It's a shame @GonzoCat90 isn't posting right now, because he at least can create something soundly coherent and persuasive, even when he's floating on his one-man contrarian raft against a tidal wave of oppositional opinions.

Some of you keep rehashing the same old Calipari defenses:

1. "What coach in American would turn away the #1 player" (a fallacious argument that screams "loaded question" and "false choice")?

2. "Cal didn't know what would happen. He got played by the kid" (another false choice fallacy that neglects the February meeting Calipari had with Sharpe).

3. Or the intellectually gutter-level argument of "things change." Hate to tell you fellas, but things don't change when it comes to kids who are considered top 10 picks since before they even arrive on a college campus.

You guys should go away for a while. Let us vent. Let us spew. Let us kick and yell and burn the conversational landscape to a golden crisp.

Then, once we've utilized this message board for one of its actual purposes -- to vent -- you guys can come back once the storm has passed.

Right now, however, your weak rebuttals and deflections are only hurting Calipari. If you truly seek to help him, you're doing a miserable job with your half-baked efforts at counter arguments.
Why don't you just take care of yourself jackass. Most of us do not need your words of antiwisdom. What a shitty loon.

Understand. I don’t really know why I keep coming back and posting either. Except today. My dad would have been 90. So, I guess, today, for him. There’s no poster on this board that could hold a candle to his fandom.
I absolutely mean no offense in saying this, but when I go to funerals and the best and proudest thing people say about the deceased is, “He was a die hard fan of _________________,” I find it disturbing.

And to say that no one can hold a candle to one’s fandom is, to me, a sad statement. A statement that informs me that someone gave way too much of their life to something that’s merely meant to be entertaining.

Reactions: Backer cutter
Childish like the very last thing you said. Using caps, another form of insecurity. I've had rational discussions with other posters on this board, posters who I tend to not have the same opinion with and there was always a respectable back and forth on the matters being discussed. That alone is evidence enough for disproving your last point.
And right there, you call me childish. More name calling. You just can't resist. And caps are used for emphasis, so you can understand the tone. I guess you aren't familiar with digital communication, but it's a common technique to either italicize or capitalize words meant to be given emphasis. Of course, you're an Internet Psychologist so you think you're smart enough to get inside my head.

Oh, so you get to dismiss any name-calling you've done just because you want to? Great, then I've had plenty of rational discussions with plenty of posters on this board, which alone is evidence enough for disproving your last point as well. The majority of my rancor has been returning in kind, and I welcome you, since you enjoy necroing posts so much, to do an examination of the exchanges I've been in. I'm sure you'll cherrypick as usual, but that's what a biased child would do.

Your goalpost-moving is a sign of immaturity in the extreme, and a lack of critical thinking skills. I would say cognitive ability but I'm not as arrogant as you.

At all.

Not one of you has created an objectively convincing argument in this entire process. Not one. It's a shame @GonzoCat90 isn't posting right now, because he at least can create something soundly coherent and persuasive, even when he's floating on his one-man contrarian raft against a tidal wave of oppositional opinions.

1. "What coach in American would turn away the #1 player" (a fallacious argument that screams "loaded question" and "false choice")?

2. "Cal didn't know what would happen. He got played by the kid" (another false choice fallacy that neglects the February meeting Calipari had with Sharpe).

3. Or the intellectually gutter-level argument of "things change." Hate to tell you fellas, but things don't change when it comes to kids who are considered top 10 picks since before they even arrive on a college campus.

You guys should go away for a while. Let us vent. Let us spew. Let us kick and yell and burn the conversational landscape to a golden crisp.

Then, once we've utilized this message board for one of its actual purposes -- to vent -- you guys can come back once the storm has passed.

Right now, however, your weak rebuttals and deflections are only hurting Calipari. If you truly seek to help him, you're doing a miserable job with your half-baked efforts at counter arguments.
You must be addressing Kyle Tucker specifically because he is using all of these takes. Sounds more like Cal’s press secretary than a sports journalist.

Reactions: TM2013
I absolutely mean no offense in saying this, but when I go to funerals and the best and proudest thing people say about the deceased is, “He was a die hard fan of _________________,” I find it disturbing.

And to say that no one can hold a candle to one’s fandom is, to me, a sad statement. A statement that informs me that someone gave way too much of their life to something that’s merely meant to be entertaining.
You miss the point, being a UK fan is something that unites everyone. The rich, the poor, old, young and total strangers. It doesn't define them or limit what they accomplish in life. How many soldiers ,serving in far away countries, gathered around a radio to listen to the Cats. I hope that is one thing they say about me when a few folks gather to remember my life.

At all.

If there were questions about his eligibility, I think Cal was protecting that $50 million he’s got coming.

At all.

I am sure Cal is shaking in his boots about comments on this board. I sure hate to see all these comments hurting Cal.

I just love the constant posts manufacturing drama on a damn message board. Many of you all are way, way too concerned with the other people here and their opinions.

We’re all UK fans and we’re all crazy fanatics—that’s why we’re here. Accepting other people feel differently than you and acting rational in response is the bare minimum to acting like a civilized adult. I wish that sentiment was more common.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT