ADVERTISEMENT

Some friendly advice to those of you who are defending Cal in the Sharpe debacle.

Why don't you just take care of yourself jackass. Most of us do not need your words of antiwisdom. What a shitty loon.
R.64f321b1fafd87fb2ec4cc2fe6773958

You guys aren't helping Calipari's cause.

At all.

Not one of you has created an objectively convincing argument in this entire process. Not one. It's a shame @GonzoCat90 isn't posting right now, because he at least can create something soundly coherent and persuasive, even when he's floating on his one-man contrarian raft against a tidal wave of oppositional opinions.

Some of you keep rehashing the same old Calipari defenses:

1. "What coach in American would turn away the #1 player" (a fallacious argument that screams "loaded question" and "false choice")?

2. "Cal didn't know what would happen. He got played by the kid" (another false choice fallacy that neglects the February meeting Calipari had with Sharpe).

3. Or the intellectually gutter-level argument of "things change." Hate to tell you fellas, but things don't change when it comes to kids who are considered top 10 picks since before they even arrive on a college campus.

You guys should go away for a while. Let us vent. Let us spew. Let us kick and yell and burn the conversational landscape to a golden crisp.

Then, once we've utilized this message board for one of its actual purposes -- to vent -- you guys can come back once the storm has passed.

Right now, however, your weak rebuttals and deflections are only hurting Calipari. If you truly seek to help him, you're doing a miserable job with your half-baked efforts at counter arguments.
Isn’t it possible Sharpes camp insisted to cal and UK he would play for UK next year, but ultimately changed their minds after discussions with NBA folks? Eligibility was known , but the idea was to play in 2022-23 ...but as people do ...they changed their mind , be it money or whatever . They told the media they’d play next year. This scenario has plenty upset , but a simple change of plans is all it was in the end .

Isn’t it possible Sharpes camp insisted to cal and UK he would play for UK next year, but ultimately changed their minds after discussions with NBA folks? Eligibility was known , but the idea was to play in 2022-23 ...but as people do ...they changed their mind , be it money or whatever . They told the media they’d play next year. This scenario has plenty upset , but a simple change of plans is all it was in the end .
Tons of us saw this coming and said so. Anyone who believes that is seven years old. It was obvious. The fact that you believe Cal had no idea shows how dumb you really think he is.

Reactions: KFuqua
I just love the constant posts manufacturing drama on a god damn message board. Many of you all are way, way too concerned with the other people here and their opinions.

We’re all UK fans and we’re all crazy fanatics—that’s why we’re here. Accepting other people feel differently than you and acting rational in response is the bare minimum to acting like a civilized adult. I wish that sentiment was more common.
Good post except for the GD.
He's not the author of confusion, but of
love and peace.
Blessings

Tons of us saw this coming and said so. Anyone who believes that is seven years old. It was obvious. The fact that you believe Cal had no idea shows how dumb you really think he is.
I just don’t see the point or motive to tell the media ( they constantly did ) point blank the idea was to play next year. Using UK’s facilities maybe , but they’d have been better off saying upfront he was going pro ...to put him on the radar from the get go . There’s certainly no motive for UK to lie on his behalf , and get no play out of him at all . With him not playing , he was just a student and likely speaking with agents , etc , and everything just points to a change of heart. He got here , they thought about it , and decided to go pro as a top 10.

I just don’t see the point or motive to tell the media ( they constantly did ) point blank the idea was to play next year. Using UK’s facilities maybe , but they’d have been better off saying upfront he was going pro ...to put him on the radar from the get go . There’s certainly no motive for UK to lie on his behalf , and get no play out of him at all . With him not playing , he was just a student and likely speaking with agents , etc , and everything just points to a change of heart. He got here , they thought about it , and decided to go pro as a top 10.
Actually there's a good point in there. Did UK itself align with Cal on this? I suspect they did not. I bet right now there are eyebrows raised and as the media yelps at their doorstep there will be some meetings including Cal with people wanting to understand the actions he took representing the University.

Actually there's a good point in there. Did UK itself align with Cal on this? I suspect they did not. I bet right now there are eyebrows raised and as the media yelps at their doorstep there will be some meetings including Cal with people wanting to understand the actions he took representing the University.
Some more stuff coming out today that it was his handler Dwayne Washington playing both sides potentially ....telling nba folks he‘s in , and swearing up and down to UK folks he’s here next year. They say there’s still eligibility issue potentially, and the nba players association is prepared to fight any concessions potentially made to allow him to be drafted . Washington was covering all bases here @ UK, in case it’s his only option to play next yr

At all.

Not one of you has created an objectively convincing argument in this entire process. Not one. It's a shame @GonzoCat90 isn't posting right now, because he at least can create something soundly coherent and persuasive, even when he's floating on his one-man contrarian raft against a tidal wave of oppositional opinions.

1. "What coach in American would turn away the #1 player" (a fallacious argument that screams "loaded question" and "false choice")?

2. "Cal didn't know what would happen. He got played by the kid" (another false choice fallacy that neglects the February meeting Calipari had with Sharpe).

3. Or the intellectually gutter-level argument of "things change." Hate to tell you fellas, but things don't change when it comes to kids who are considered top 10 picks since before they even arrive on a college campus.

You guys should go away for a while. Let us vent. Let us spew. Let us kick and yell and burn the conversational landscape to a golden crisp.

Then, once we've utilized this message board for one of its actual purposes -- to vent -- you guys can come back once the storm has passed.

Right now, however, your weak rebuttals and deflections are only hurting Calipari. If you truly seek to help him, you're doing a miserable job with your half-baked efforts at counter arguments.
How old are you? Please don’t say you’re an adult. This is a thread a child would start.

Reactions: maxp12
I am sure Cal is shaking in his boots about comments on this board. I sure hate to see all these comments hurting Cal.

I'd worry more about Frank Underwood AKA Kentucky Cried Frickin AKA Low Country cat's (all the same guy) mental wellness more than what Cal thinks of his posts. Dude's always on the edge.

Reactions: kl40504
I absolutely mean no offense in saying this, but when I go to funerals and the best and proudest thing people say about the deceased is, “He was a die hard fan of _________________,” I find it disturbing.

And to say that no one can hold a candle to one’s fandom is, to me, a sad statement. A statement that informs me that someone gave way too much of their life to something that’s merely meant to be entertaining.
I absolutely do mean offense to your post. Uk basketball was a huge part of dad’s life for over 75 years. Don’t know what it means to you and don’t care. Only know and care about what it meant to him. Yours is an arrogant, self entitled, and to be honest, very disengaged from reality, post.

Reactions: kl40504
This is likely what happened and makes perfect sense. if he just wanted to go pro this year, the kid could have easily got any agent to pay him tons to prepare for the draft for the last 6 months- he didnt need UK or NIL or our “facilities”. so if you factor in motive you see they did want to sit out this semester, play next year and then be the first pick in next years draft. They said it, probably believed it and so did we and so did Cal. Once it became official that he could be eligible, his family and representatives didn't want him to play in Feb, etc. then I am sure everyone saw the change coming. The idea that people saw it coming “all along” is revisionist history. They started believing this and saying this in February when the family said they didnt want him to play this season. Even Cal saw it coming then too, but at that point the bomb was out of the plane and it was too late and there really was no reason to deal with it at that point until after the season.
The idea this board represents the average fan is also far from reality. 95% of fans never even come here, All or fans are disappointed, but most are not this emotional about Cal or Sharpe like a few on this board. Even most readers seem to avoid any thread with CCC, Sharpe, or with certain posters as OP.
I get it, it’s a message board so it‘s attack public people with a keyboard- lots of fans do it And even Cal will tell you it’s part of the job here. just look at the Yankees or Eagles- they definitely have this type of fan base as well. Most laugh it off, but it does impact the reputation of those teams and their cities. The biggest difference here is we only get a winning team based on players WANTING to come here and play for these fans and this coach. Our coach isn’t going anywhere regardless of what is posted here. If you were a star 18 YO who was being sent excerpts from this board would you want to get in the middle of this? You either think the fans are irrational or the coach is a joke. Either way, it’s not too compelling or helpful, so unlike some I won‘t dismiss the lunatic fringe as irrelevant, just unfortunate for the players and program. I would equate it to politics today. It’s fine to be hard left or right as it’s a choice and our freedom dictates we have that right, but the inflexibility and inability to work together for the good of the country are ultimately destroying the very thing they say they are fighting for.
all that said, like many I don’t post often and especially don’t try to defend anyone or attack anyone. I just care about UK and support the team in the way I chose. The few hundred posters here that are constantly negative or overly naive and positive have a right to do what they wish, but the idea they are representative in any way of the millions of fans in total is truly out of touch. The truth, much like that of the country is in the middle.
Most UK fans are currently just happy OT is coming back and hoping we get a few more back as well. They arent dwelling on Sharpe and certainly aren’t concerned with attacking Cal or any of the players.

Reactions: clifm
I admit that I do not care for big mouth ,redundant preachers.
I wouldn't like them much either if all I could offer to their positions was angry personal insults and witless counter arguments, such as you have done over and over again.

Y

At all.

Yeah. You tell ‘em.
grrrrrrrrr

• Haha

At all.

Simple rebuttal on this issue is this: Sharpe is a non-issue. You guys are like junior high girls making an issue out of nothing at all. But, like junior high girls you live for the drama and one day you all hope to be on some reality TV show living out your drama in front of all of America.

I absolutely mean no offense in saying this, but when I go to funerals and the best and proudest thing people say about the deceased is, “He was a die hard fan of _________________,” I find it disturbing.

And to say that no one can hold a candle to one’s fandom is, to me, a sad statement. A statement that informs me that someone gave way too much of their life to something that’s merely meant to be entertaining.
Man you are the very definition of an asshole! How can you think that’s not offensive? You and others have totally loss your mind over how things are going in UK basketball and you have the nerve to question what fandom means to someone’s father who passed away?!

So I've also wondered about this. I'm assuming you don't believe, right? If that's the case, why do see it pertinent to take his name in vain? TY.
I haven’t been religious since a family member of mine’s sudden passing some years ago. I haven’t put much thought into what I believe or don’t believe since then to be honest. It’s just not a thought that crosses my mind if I say it or type it.

Nevertheless, part of growing up is a constant recognition that I’m not yet a finished product as a human, so I try and be mindful of how my life impacts those around me. It’s probably just a habit I need to be more mindful of even though usage of the phrase itself does not bother me—even when I was religious it did not bother me for a few reasons, but I digress.

This whole matter has turned into politics basically. It's argued about by many the same way. People pick a side and view everything that happens through that lens. Everyone else is one of those wrong people on the other side.

Most of us I imagine think it's a mixed bag. There are definitely things Cal needs to improve on, he's far from perfect. He's also still one of the top coaches in the game. It's very reasonable to see that both are true.

Sadly, Cal peaked in 2015. It's been more or less downhill after that. He's not even the best recruiter or coach in the SEC now.
Worldwide Wes was with Cal until 2015. Everybody downplayed it when he started drifting away. But in retrospect it’s hard not to wonder whether that dude wasn’t really all the Cal that was ever worth talking about.

This whole matter has turned into politics basically. It's argued about by many the same way. People pick a side and view everything that happens through that lens. Everyone else is one of those wrong people on the other side.

Most of us I imagine think it's a mixed bag. There are definitely things Cal needs to improve on, he's far from perfect. He's also still one of the top coaches in the game. It's very reasonable to see that both are true.
Have you paid any attention to politics lately? Everything you have been told has been proven to be false, and every 'conspiracy theory' has turned out to be true.

Something went on behind the scenes, and it has Cal's fingerprints all over it. He's trying to cover things up and he looks shady and slimy.

But you have no idea and still you throw it out there to create DRAMA! That’s a bit like someone asking you if you stopped beating your wife. Now Cry Chicky you can respond with more DRAMA.

At all.

47 likes. Pathetically, most of you will sweep it under the rug and bash on. Nothing but buffoonery.

The funniest part is you think anyone's opinion on this board has any affect on Cal or the program. This place is the lunatic fringe of the fan base and they rightly should ignore everything going on here.

Well said. OP gets giddy to start threads and get attention from/rile up the pitchfork carriers.

It’s been 3 months I think we’ve given the blowhards enough time to “vent.” Quit crying over spilled milk, sulking around like a bunch of eeyores. It’s ridiculous actually

Reactions: mapcatfan

At all.

no doubt Sharpe broke you mentally

no need to respond i am putting you on ignore

OP is immune to big picture, like politics today, so certain of his engorged sense of being right. You know who didn't waver and stayed true to what he said the deal was going in from jump street - Cal. He said was the deal was up front. Sharpe handlers changed course. Sharpe changed course. Cal didn't change course. He said he wanted to coach Sharpe this year. Sharpe bailed on him. I'm not happy about a non-and-done president.. But I totally understand Cal was hoping he could get Sharpe to stay and alas, it didn't work this time.. Show me another coach that brought a brand new top ten player in at midpoint of season. They don't don't like to do that, disrupt chemistry of top 20 team.. And everybody's mad at the one guy who stayed the course on this.

Cal thought he would at worst play after January and then go pro. To say he just got him to pad his recruiting stats and knew 100% that he would never play is pompous.

• Haha
Reactions: catben
ADVERTISEMENT