ADVERTISEMENT

Some Christmas Eve points to ponder.

TNCatfanforever

All-American
Apr 3, 2003
Mount Juliet Tn
1.You are never as bad or as good as you think you are.
2. We have lost two close games to traditional powers....(No Woffords yet)
3. This team will get better...not sure how much...
4. We miss Vanderbilt and Baker...Vanderbilt for Washington and Baker at the two..Diallo at three,
5. This is what happens with a one and done philosophy. Some years Burger boys don't pan out.
6. We missed out on about 5-7 better players that would have put us over the top.
7. We all love Cal and while we are competitive we still only have one title with him...should have had 2-3 more.
8. I am hoping that all of these guys come back...I expect to lose Knox and Diallo...
9. If most come back add Quickly, Herro, Johnson and Zion (please bring him Santa). Nest year will be special...this year will be what it is...below average....average...or above average..lets hope for the latter.
10. Merry Christmas to all my blue blooded brothers and sisters...God gave us the greatest gift of all. Let's try to enjoy UK basketball and not let it cause us to miss the wonderful things of life such as God and family.

4. We miss Vanderbilt and Baker...Vanderbilt for Washington and Baker at the two..Diallo at three,
5. This is what happens with a one and done philosophy. Some years Burger boys don't pan out.
6. We missed out on about 5-7 better players that would have put us over the top.
7. We all love Cal and while we are competitive we still only have one title with him...should have had 2-3 more.
8. I am hoping that all of these guys come back...I expect to lose Knox and Diallo...
9. If most come back add Quickly, Herro, Johnson and Zion (please bring him Santa). Nest year will be special...this year will be what it is...below average....average...or above average..lets hope for the latter.
10. Merry Christmas to all my blue blooded brothers and sisters...God gave us the greatest gift of all. Let's try to enjoy UK basketball and not let it cause us to miss the wonderful things of life such as God and family.
Zion is the type of guy we MUST have to have a chance to compete for a championship

Things to wish for:
1) PG that can beat his defender off the dribble. Not sure that Green will ever be that but usually his scoring will compensate. Is Quickley quicker? His name would indicate so.
2) Rim protector. Richards is good, WG not so much. Both should come back which usually means neither will.
3) PF to own the defensive boards. Washington- underperformed. Vanderbilt- injured, out indefinitely. Both should be back but again who knows. Their decision may impact Zion.
4) Bonafide superstar. Knox and Diallo both have moments and will leave. Knox coming back probably kills all chances of Zion.
5) Knockdown 3pt shooter and lockdown defender. Shooter is by committee but without a chairman. Herro and Baker look to be the shooters next season. Defender right now is a joke. Diallo and SGA have the size and athleticism just not the will or skill. SGA should be back and better at that role along with KJ. This year’s best bet might be for the equipment manager to lock the best player on the other team in the locker room.

Reactions: ORCAT
Being bigger, quicker, taller and more athletic will get you a long way in basketball. It will get you through high school and into a school like Kentucky and you will be teams inferior to those skills. But, there comes a point in which those kids play against other kids that are quick, big and athletic and have superior basketball skills (shooting, dribbling, footwork) and desire (because they want to show those skills against a Kentucky) and you are in trouble. I think we are starting to hit that part of the schedule. The SEC is loaded with players that are just as athletic as us and as of right now, have more desire.

Well done, and Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Reactions: Crowell7
You are only wrong about number 7. How long did it take Rupp to win 4???

A game like this helps shape most Kentucky fans' perspectives:

1. There are more important things in life than Kentucky winning a basketball game.
2. There are more important things in life than Kentucky winning a basketball game.

UCLA's guards outplayed our guards and that was the difference in the game. Both went off for 20 points each.

Reactions: etowncatfan
You make some valid points. I would say that if you are saying this year hasn’t panned out (#5), then you are jumping the gun a little. How many losses did the team have that Cal took to the championship game against UConn? Season is about a 1/4 of the way through. I would say we are at exactly where most expected them to be.

1. There are more important things in life than Kentucky winning a basketball game.
2. There are more important things in life than Kentucky winning a basketball game.

UCLA's guards outplayed our guards and that was the difference in the game. Both went off for 20 points each.
Winning a basketball game is less important than losing a basketball game

Point 9 makes UK basketball start to sound like UK football (wait till next year) I choose to find a way to enjoy what we have this year(whatever that may be)

Last edited:
Reactions: warrior-cat

Best Post Of today!!

How many years have we heard the malcontents foam at the mouth for multi-year players and then when we have
a roster with several returnees, the exact same sad sacks cry like little girls with their first menstrual cycle.

What a bunch of fair-weathered squalling chicken little women - grow a pair and support (cough) your team.

Reactions: Cawood86
How many years have we heard the malcontents foam at the mouth for multi-year players and then when we have
a roster with several returnees, the exact same sad sacks cry like little girls with their first menstrual cycle.

What a bunch of fair-weathered squalling chicken little women - grow a pair and support (cough) your team.
Im 100% fine with this team. I expected to lose up to 10 games this year!
Like i said in another post, this team will need to impose there will in rebounding and defense to be a elite8 team. But as long as we don't lose more then 2 to nba this year im fine with it.
I can see another very talented team next year if we can return everyone but diallo and knox.

Reactions: gojvc

Even apart from points, Holladay (sp?) was a true leader and made everyone else better.

Amen to point 10

Couple points
We weren’t really close to UCLA. Never lead in second half
Baker won’t get much PT.

We need that superstar. Don’t have one. Our recruiting has suffered when it comes to top 5 talent

Reactions: Leafroot
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT