ADVERTISEMENT

So, bottom line on Reed Sheppard...

Only because Dontaie is the first player from Kentucky that Cal has brought in that has potential to be more than just a role player or a cigar man. Not only that, but he can shoot and spread the floor. Something we desperately needed all season.

Then, Dontaie finally gets his shot and was the focal point of our offense in an OT win at Mississippi State. He flat out won that game for us. He made Cal look moronic in the process.

That didn’t set well with Cal. The narrative became the BBN was right and Cal was wrong. He’s been playing mind games and talking out both sides of his mouth in regards to Allen ever since.

In turn, that hasn’t set well with BBN. Well, the ones that aren’t Cal jock sniffers that is.
The situation with Allen is not really that cut and dried. He went off in that MState game because they didn't know who he was and didn't even bother guarding him. Every team after that game knew not to let him get a standstill, flat-footed jumper off. He is a terrific shooter.(If someone sags off him and lets him launch it.) He can not get his own shot. He does not do anything else on the floor but drag a single defender to his side of the floor. Not particularly explosive. Defense is non-existent right now. Can't set others up. He gives up plenty of plays on the other side of the floor.

Reactions: MakinMusic
The situation with Allen is not really that cut and dried. He went off in that MState game because they didn't know who he was and didn't even bother guarding him. Every team after that game knew not to let him get a standstill, flat-footed jumper off. He is a terrific shooter.(If someone sags off him and lets him launch it.) He can not get his own shot. He does not do anything else on the floor but drag a single defender to his side of the floor. Not particularly explosive. Defense is non-existent right now. Can't set others up. He gives up plenty of plays on the other side of the floor.
When he is on the floor it looks like he is not even going full speed- when he goes from side to side and cuts off screens when we have the ball he looks like he is going about 70%- watch other players who do this and them look at Allen- huge difference

You are mostly wrong but I am not going to take the time to go into all of this as long as Cal is your coach. Way too much detail.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
You are mostly wrong but I am not going to take the time to go into all of this as long as Cal is your coach. Way too much detail.
I do agree that other coaches would gameplan around players strengths and weaknesses. He would probably do better under someone like K. But we know Cal is not one to gameplan around his players weaknesses.

6’2” is a respectable height for a D1 pg. Knight was 6’3 and I think Teague was 6’2 or 6’3. Then of course Ulis.

From everything I’ve read on here he definitely deserves a scholarship offer. I’m not sure if he’ll be impact frosh good but he should be a fan favorite and star by his junior/senior year.
And furthermore, a 6-5” pg often cannot keep the guy he is guarding in front of him.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
Better than anyone uk has? As in the kentucky wildcats? Wtf is wrong with some of you people. You are comparing a decent highschool player from the sticks of eastern ky , who is playing against other kids from the same area, to uk team lol. Not comparing, saying he's better than them. Smh
You do realize when our players were playing at that level they looked like michael jordan, correct?
Sheppard GOAT

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT