ADVERTISEMENT

Reed

Jun 2, 2005
Anyone suspect Reed was sick last night? Obviously his game was way off but he just didn’t seem like himself in general. I didn’t see any emotion, just very flat in the face, Hard to describe, but in the first 5 minutes he was in, I thought he didn’t seem right. Not that it changes anything and I know he wouldn’t be the type to make excuses, but just curious if anyone else noticed?

Anyone suspect Reed was sick last night? Obviously his game was way off but he just didn’t seem like himself in general. I didn’t see any emotion, just very flat in the face, Hard to describe, but in the first 5 minutes he was in, I thought he didn’t seem right. Not that it changes anything and I know he wouldn’t be the type to make excuses, but just curious if anyone else noticed?

I saw a guy that had puckered up in the moment.

Reactions: WildcatsAndBourbon
He was scared to death man. That's what happens when the pressure goes way up and you've got no help on the sideline.

Reed was sick when he hit the shot to tie the game at 67 but they wiped it off the board calling Z for a moving screen. They never tied or took the lead the rest of the way. Needed that basket in the worst way.

Imagine you’re freshman of the year, great 3 point shooter, and you’re facing a team that is going to run zone. Then you’re told the plan of attack will be passing it into the paint and not shooting 3’s.

I’d be flat in the face too.
100%. Cal told them to look inside every time down the court. Just killing his confidence before the game even started. I don’t know but something happened to make him not even want to shoot and be as aggressive as he usually is. Whatever happened I love Reed and want him back at Kentucky one more year, with or without Cal. I’m may be / probably am wrong but something was sure wrong.

Reactions: kats23
The mental state of players are usually an extension of their coach. Talent doesn’t make up for experience, especially when the talent gap isn’t what it used to be even 10 years ago. He’s a 19 year old playing in the biggest game of a young career. It’s different if you’re surrounded by vets with tourney experience but he wasn’t.

What no one is saying is maybe he's a Kentucky kid from 2 former Kentucky players, with a coach you could probably feel the pressure from I'm his first NCAA tourney game with no game plan and knowing what it means to Kentucky fans. Good God could there be more pressure?

He looked like a different person for the first time all year. Not that he hadnt made mistakes before but he looked like he was shaken or had electricity coursing through him. I think that makes sense. The kid was crying in the locker room. I think he wanted it too bad and had a coach who doesn't get it.

Reed didn't lose the game. Cals horrible subs, DJ 0-5, Dilly 2-9, Ugos horrible defense, the list goes on.

Yeah I definitely don’t blame him for anything. Like you all said he had plenty of company in having an off game. I thought nerves but then thought he’s played all year in some huge road SEC venues, had a full year under his belt, so didn’t really think nerves would be it.

Unfortunately, Reed look shook from the get-go. Just like a deer in the headlights. I honestly didn't think the moment could be too big for him, but it sure seemed that way. Love that dude though. Would love to have him back for a sophomore season, but who knows what coach he would even be playing for. Too many unknowns right now.

Reactions: MO_Blue
Reed Was out of it an looked SHOOK. May e he was not feeling great dontvknow . What I know is no body better say shit bad about Reed. We desperately need him next year under a new Coach. He is a key to lure a new coach here

6 freshmen combined for 29 points. I think every frosh had the same thing Sheppard had.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT