ADVERTISEMENT

Skal eligible

Do you think Skal Labissiere will be cleared to play this year

• Total voters
images

When I see a UK story, before I even think about posting it on here, I'll glance at the first page.

Odds are, 999 times out of 1000, it's already posted.

:thumbsdown:

I doubt anyone plays even 35min a game, at least in the regular season. I think a more realistic way to look at it would be Ulis, Murray and Briscoe getting somewhere in the 27-32min a game range. Which would leave about 30-35min to split up between Mulder, Matthews and Hawkins. My feeling right now is that Mulder might be the low man out of those three but at this point none of us know. Even the low man out of that group might get 7-8 min a game though depending on match ups.

Murray is going to be the best scorer we've seen since Ron Mercer. I think he's a Bogans/Mercer hybrid.

Murray is going to be the best scorer we've seen since Ron Mercer. I think he's a Bogans/Mercer hybrid.
only he can score way better off the dribble than either of those two. tubby/pitino ran curls for both those guys all the time for a reason. they were basically jump shooters, although bogans was good at getting into the paint with that jump stop he had. finishing though was tough. mercer could rise above most guys for a shot. but i don't think either are on his level at making plays once past the initial defender however. murray is dangerous to score from anywhere, and maybe even more important he will find the open guy if he draws defenders.

I said all along that I thought he would. Sandy Bell has 2 ex NCAA compliance people on staff, and I would say they had done their homework, before ever signing Skal. Final Four here we come.

All of this 40-0 talk and I found it odd no one looked and actually noticed UK plays 41 games this year.

Where are you getting this information? I looked and UK plays 2 exhibition games vs. Ottawa & Kentucky State (which obviously don't count), then 31 regular season games.

Link to Official UK Athletics Website Schedule

If they are undefeated at the time then unless the SEC tournament bracket has changed from last year, they would earn a bye until the Friday quarterfinal game, meaning they could play 3 additional games in the SEC tournament (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)

And then there could be 6 games in the NCAA tournament.

31 + 3 + 6 = 40

Reactions: ganner918
What?
You have me as the KAT walk author?
I am pretty sure I have posted with a few beverages in me, but I am confident that isn't me.

Sorry pal, i'll fix that asap.

Your user names must be resemble each other, i dont remember now.

Nothing wrong with repeating good news.

Kinda like someone buying you constant rounds of beer or paying for your lunch a full week straight.

Keep it coming. This news never gets old. Plus, I like the thought of Skal haunting our rival fans and destroying their hope in the 2015-2016 season. The more they understand the realities of what awaits them, the better it will be when game day finally rolls around.

Last edited:
Reactions: JerseyCat84

He's a better shooter than both of them, and is a better creator than either of them.

I think he could have a better career than both of them, and as far as Mercer's career goes, that's saying a lot. He had a pretty solid NBA career, especially at the front end.

Where are you getting this information? I looked and UK plays 2 exhibition games vs. Ottawa & Kentucky State (which obviously don't count), then 31 regular season games.

If they are undefeated at the time then unless the SEC tournament bracket has changed from last year, they would earn a bye until the Friday quarterfinal game, meaning they could play 3 additional games in the SEC tournament (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)

31 + 3 + 6 = 40

Has UK ever had the chance to play 41 if they maxed out on tournament success? It seems like 40 is always the max, with one year I think we only would have played 39 (2011 season) if we had made the title game against Butler. Obviously just talking in modern/recent years.

31 + 3 + 6 = 40

I think I know what the problem was. My common core math is off.
31+3+6=41 .....I divided the 31 by the third game and then 3 isn't an even number. The 6 breaks down and is divisible by 2 and 3. Add 6 back to the original 31, giving it 38. .drop the 6 and 41 now, add the 3 to the 31, and that makes 41?

Nope. Still getting 41. :)

In seriousness, I just wanted to see if anyone would actually go back and count. I was enjoying myself last night.

Should have known John would be here with the figures.

No one else went to check? Cmmoooooooon......

Interesting group of no votes, not casting any negatives on UK fans that have this opinion.

My vote was out of pure entertainment and to troll those who thought he would actually be ineligible. I didn't see the poll as being serious. I have always thought he wouldn't miss a game and be cleared. Go back and read all of my posts on Skal.

Reactions: brianpoe
This is a topic that deserves to have every new thread merged although multiple thread s on atopic like this doesn't bother me like another poster said. That being said, topics like the UL scandal have many, many, New twists and different talking points that deserve there own thread. This post will look out of place once the thread gets merged just like the entire UL scandal thread lol!

Has UK ever had the chance to play 41 if they maxed out on tournament success? It seems like 40 is always the max, with one year I think we only would have played 39 (2011 season) if we had made the title game against Butler. Obviously just talking in modern/recent years.

With the current set-up UK could conceivably play 5 games in the SEC tournament (I.e. Start playing Wednesday and getting to the championship game) but to do that they would need to finish near the bottom of the SEC standings.

In such an unlikely scenario, and assuming they then get invited to the NCAA tournament and get to the championship game, they could potentially play 42 games.

But they wouldn't be anywhere close to being undefeated.

Reactions: cottontowncat
This is the second thread the OP has started on this even though he knows there is a 14 page thread on the subject. Mods need to ban OP for intentionally being a azz.

ADVERTISEMENT