ADVERTISEMENT

Sheppard ...

Bluesbrother

Junior
May 23, 2002
... considering his total collapse on the biggest stage, it's hard to imagine he declares for the draft. He needs multiple years to get seasoned. If he blindly chases money, he will get burned. NBA does this banking on development ... but that fuse is pretty short.

I don’t think he leaves. But it could come down to a possible change at the top. It just feels different this time.

A great young man, a great player, a great teammate. At this point he is a role player though. Our freshman are grossly overrated. They got schooled sad to say. Oakland dominated them, and deserved to win. Reeves carried this team, and the ”lottery picks” did not show up.

I disagree. He’s never going to be more than he is right now. He may be the best example of strike if your fire ever gets hot ever. Don’t get me wrong I’d love for him to stay but he is what he is always going to be, He’s not going to grow, he’s not going to get more athletic etc…

I’m not sure staying will improve his stock. If he’s a top 5 pick that’s hard to pass up. I don’t see him being a great pro, but I can understand if he moves on. I’d love for him to stay but I doubt he will.
Any GM taking Reed in the 1st round, let alone the lottery should be fired. I love Reed but he gets taken out of games far too easily.

If Cal is here he needs to leave. His stock will only drop. I’m sure it’s hard to watch inferior players starting over you. Gotta be frustrating always entering a game having to play catch up. Same for Rob. We had potentially the best backcourt in the country and our 9 million dollar a yr coach refused to start them. He sabotaged the program.

He shouldn't be a top 10 pick and he knows it. He will leave to secure the bag that won't be there in the future.

That overinflated draft stock took a big hit tonight. Regardless of “draft stock” the kid needs more seasoning running the show as a PG. He has to play point in the league and you can tell he isn’t natural at the position yet.

Reactions: plumdog69
Reed had some games here that were pretty epic and in a perfect UK world, if he stayed more than a year and led us to some postseason success he'd be a true legend like his dad. Sad that none of that will ever happen. He wilted, team wilted, and we're either stuck with Cal OR rebuilding with a new coach and either way we aren't winning shit for another damn decade.

He'll be offered the world and will go. We will be stuck replacing him with a weak guard. Prepare yourselves. Reed is gone, Cal stays. It's the norm and you better be ready to accept it.

• Sad
Reactions: NociHTTP
He 100% leaves. But he also likely gets an NBA GM fired if he’s taken in the top 5.

Not ready at all for big boy basketball
Not sure how you view tonight .

A) Tonight proves why he should go because his stock is high and may never be this high again .

B) He feels like he’s not mentally ready for the NBA and also returns due to how shitty this ended .

It’s a tough decision. Best of luck to him either way.
I don’t think you sunshine pumpers should post at all.

Reed was not the only player not to play their A game.
What about Edward’s with no rebounds?
What about all the missed free throws early on?
Whether it is Reed, Rob, Justin, they are still kids really.
They are put into these situations with little room for error.
College basketball has changed in many ways and one of the reasons is teams are getting away from youth and going with older more experienced players
Not saying young studs don’t have a chance but it sure seems you don’t see anyone winning titles with all youngsters
Give Reed a break. Give all the players a break.
Not a single player on this team lost to K State, St Peters, etc.
We are 1-5 in our last 6 NCAA games.
Blame the one who deserves the blame.

He’s human. Had a tough game but he also has to deal with no game plans and a coach who doesn’t run anything. Freshmen are supposed to be supplemental because despite what talent is there, it’s not the same as a 22-23 year old physically developed or college experienced player. The world shouldn’t be on 18-19 year old players in their first year.

Reactions: sefus12
Reed had a fantastic season. Can't crush him for a handful of not so great nights that he had this year.

Saying that, there is no way in hell he's ready for the NBA defensively. Not an effing chance. He'll get absolutely roasted. Needs at least another year in the gym to be ready for that physical grind.

I can’t imagine coming back and playing for Cal again. Maybe if there is a change, and a new coach comes in.

They should all come back for redemption but that doesn’t even seem possible with Cal at the helm.

Reactions: NociHTTP
I don’t think he leaves. But it could come down to a possible change at the top. It just feels different this time.
I keep thinking that every year after we lose in the tournament, that it just feels different this time. UK isn't doing anything about it until there's little left on the contract to pay out. We lucked out in the past with most of the coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT