ADVERTISEMENT

Sheppard perimeter shot

Sep 3, 2022
Cal mentioned in his presser that Shep wasn’t a knockdown shooter in HS but has worked to become one. I thought he was consisted one of the better shooters in HS. Regardless his form looks great and every shot looks like it’s going in. And his shot selection is outstanding.

I think he’s been great at about everything this year. His shooting, passing, decision-making, court vision and defense have ALL exceeded my wildest hopes for him. Especially defense …who knew he’d be a steal machine like this?

I just hope he can keep it up.

I feel like I trust him after 7 games more than I trusted any other shooter under Cal. Even Booker had some streaky clips in his year here. Maybe Lamb. But it's a damn short list and I don't think anyone is even close to shooting, what 75% on that many attempts in 7 games? You're lucky to get HALF of that percentage.

Cal mentioned in his presser that Shep wasn’t a knockdown shooter in HS but has worked to become one. I thought he was consisted one of the better shooters in HS. Regardless his form looks great and every shot looks like it’s going in. And his shot selection is outstanding.
Don't waste your time listening to the crap that comes out of his mouth. He was probably getting confused with DJ not being able to shoot in high school.

He was saying he wasn't "just" a knockdown shooter but there has always been more to his game than just shooting

Reactions: CatsDomain
The two times I watch Reed last year, he knocked down his shots at a high rate.

He was a very good shooter in high school. But he had to do everything for his team including guarding the other teams best player . That takes a toll on you. He was also the total focus of the opponent so he didn’t get that many wide open looks .

Don't waste your time listening to the crap that comes out of his mouth. He was probably getting confused with DJ not being able to shoot in high school.
It almost feels like he's pouting that Shep's doing so well, that HIS guys aren't doing as well as he hoped. I imagine Shep's parents aren't tickled at that :(

• Haha
Reactions: EastLansingCat
Yeap, I do think BCG *could* have become a great coach had he not been consumed with alcohol. He wouldn't put up with some of the stuff we've seen of late, but he still shouldn't have said that. As a coach you should always try to win, no matter who has the hot hand, and fit in the other guys when you can.

It almost feels like he's pouting that Shep's doing so well, that HIS guys aren't doing as well as he hoped. I imagine Shep's parents aren't tickled at that :(
He as well as some on this board are pouting. It isn't much different from the comment he made a couple of games ago about Shep and Dilly playing with house money. He is simply not pleased that his number one NBA prospect is being overshadowed by is star pupil's designated understudy.

Reactions: crestcat
No, he literally said Shep wasn't a knockdown shooter in high school
He wasn’t. I watched him a ton. He shot it best his Sr year. His pace, floor vision, quick hands, and passing was what set him apart. You could tell he really worked between his Jr and Sr year on his shot. And it looks like he has continued to work on their mechanics. So many guys rely on pure athleticism and never work hard on their jumper. It just shows his commitment to improvement and work ethic. Kid is a player.

What else could he do besides accuse him once again of playing with house money?
Did you listen? He literally bragged that he was leading the country in 3 point shooting % and +-. What else could he say about him that would make you not mad?

He wasn’t. I watched him a ton. He shot it best his Sr year. His pace, floor vision, quick hands, and passing was what set him apart. You could tell he really worked between his Jr and Sr year on his shot. And it looks like he has continued to work on their mechanics. So many guys rely on pure athleticism and never work hard on their jumper. It just shows his commitment to improvement and work ethic. Kid is a player.
It doesn't matter when and where he learned how to shoot. The only thing that matters is that he is able to do it. He is in college now, so I don't know why it was important for Cal to talk about what he did or didn't do in high school.

Reactions: westerncat
Did you listen? He literally bragged that he was leading the country in 3 point shooting % and +-. What else could he say about him that would make you not mad?
You are the one who appears to be angry. Why is that?

It doesn't matter when and where he learned how to shoot. The only thing that matters is that he is able to do it. He is in college now, so I don't know why it was important for Cal to talk about what he did or didn't do in high school.
Nah. You’re right. Coaches don’t talk about how hard kids have worked on different aspects of their game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT