ADVERTISEMENT

Sheppard perimeter shot

Cal mentioned in his presser that Shep wasn’t a knockdown shooter in HS but has worked to become one. I thought he was consisted one of the better shooters in HS. Regardless his form looks great and every shot looks like it’s going in. And his shot selection is outstanding.
No im pretty sure Reed never seen a basketball before Cal

• Haha
Reactions: westerncat
It doesn't matter when and where he learned how to shoot. The only thing that matters is that he is able to do it. He is in college now, so I don't know why it was important for Cal to talk about what he did or didn't do in high school.
You’re really straining for an angle to criticize when you’re making an issue of this.

But, then, that is Rupp Rafters. It is impossible to have a game where everyone here is just happy afterwards. We’ve always gotta find something to argue about.

Reactions: awf and TheDude73
You’re really straining for an angle to criticize when you’re making an issue of this.

But, then, that is Rupp Rafters. It is impossible to have a game where everyone here is just happy afterwards. We’ve always gotta find something to argue about.
Trolls gonna troll. This thread has 3 of our worst. We dominated a top 10 Final Four team and they pouting...

tumblr_lyagcy2tEH1r5gvg1o1_500.gif

Reactions: Cal-4-Three and awf
Back to the point of the thread before the trolljacking...

I also loved when the commentators said Reed felt like his shot was off so he called his parents up and hit the gym with them for 45 minutes to work on it.

His shot hasn't been off all year, but he felt it was and corrected it. He gonna be at the top of most lists as favorite UK player ever. His dad is and Reed apparently wants to pass him

• Love
Reactions: KFuqua
He shot 38% from 3 his senior year and 40% his Junior year. He was a pretty darned good 3 point shooter in HS.

It doesn't matter when and where he learned how to shoot. The only thing that matters is that he is able to do it. He is in college now, so I don't know why it was important for Cal to talk about what he did or didn't do in high school.
Cal was praising him for his hard work and dedication to getting better.

For all this board talks about Cal's obsession with DJ's draft stock--You'd think you guys love to see Cal talk up DJ's work ethic.

Being from London, I watched Reed several times in HS and he was a damn good "knock down" shooter in the games I saw.

It almost feels like he's pouting that Shep's doing so well, that HIS guys aren't doing as well as he hoped. I imagine Shep's parents aren't tickled at that :(
It amazes me how far stretched people will go to conjure up turmoil. There was nothing in what Cal said that even had a faint scent of what you’re claiming. And then to throw in total bullshit about his parents being bugged by something that only you appear to have “witnessed”? Get out of here clown.

• Love
Reactions: awf and Wonky

I’m more and more convinced that Yahoo hires people specifically to troll fans to drive interactions and drama. Keeps people coming back.

Some people seem to be purposefully misconstruing what Calipari said. Just so they can make Calipari seem to be criticizing Sheppard. I can't believe I listened to Calipari's remarks, but his early comments about Sheppard's high school achievements were introduced so that he could praise the kid's work ethic. Calipari had already praised Sheppard by linking him to the very best of Calipari's former players -- his even temperament.

Calipari isn't going to genuflect and ring altar bells when Sheppard's name is mentioned. He isn't going to wiggle and squeal over him like one of the girls in the crowd during a Beatles performance.

It amazes me how far stretched people will go to conjure up turmoil. There was nothing in what Cal said that even had a faint scent of what you’re claiming. And then to throw in total bullshit about his parents being bugged by something that only you appear to have “witnessed”? Get out of here clown.
Didn't see you in the game thread last night. We were talking about something Cal did say, and how proud Shep's parents are of him. We injected our feelings into the conversation, because Cal can't help himself when he's at the mic. Stay committed to that sack.

EDIT: you claimed you went to the game, so good on ya. Hope you didn't have to sit with many average UK fans, the ones you referenced further back in your posts. Could you elaborate more on Aaron's dripping sweat?

Last edited:
It almost feels like he's pouting that Shep's doing so well, that HIS guys aren't doing as well as he hoped. I imagine Shep's parents aren't tickled at that :(
Wow! How can you hate someone that you will never meet? You are truly the "fly in the ointment"!

Wow! How can you hate someone that you will never meet? You are truly the "fly in the ointment"!
You must be young, you have zero idea what the word "hate" really means. Your post is "sus".

Didn't see you in the game thread last night. We were talking about something Cal did say, and how proud Shep's parents are of him. We injected our feelings into the conversation, because Cal can't help himself when he's at the mic. Stay committed to that sack.

EDIT: you claimed you went to the game, so good on ya. Hope you didn't have to sit with many average UK fans, the ones you referenced further back in your posts. Could you elaborate more on Aaron's dripping sweat?
I was at the game, yep, thanks to being in the area for a work trip, so I don't post on game threads when I'm 7 rows from the floor watching a dismantling of the #8 team in the country. I have a bunch of pics, but I'm not opening a pic hosting account just to show them here. Feel free to track a few down, though, on Funchester's FB page. I dropped a couple of Bradshaw shooting around in the comments (under my actual name, so there's that...).

I sat around a handful of people that were excited at times, but had no clue about Pat Adams. These are the kinds of fans that most fans in Kentucky are - they don't dive into the warts and other things of our team and coach - they just go to the games for entertainment. They might be "committed" and lifelong fans, but those of us that swarm these message boards or listen in on overanalyzing talking heads on KSR or ESPN or wherever, we're the hardcore fans that obsess over silly things and create drama from nothing.

One fan across the aisle had no idea who Bradshaw was while he was shooting around with Mitchell pregame. But I'll be honest, there's a kid that's about 7' tall with a white streak in his hair that appears to be a team manager that I've never seen myself, until he was out there playing "guard Bradshaw" on his shoot arounds.

When I mentioned him dripping sweat, it was to emphasize to the locals on Rafters that weren't at the game that he in fact was working pretty hard during these warm ups. It wasn't hardcore, but apparently it was enough to get him looking like he just ran 5 miles in a sauna. Maybe just out of shape (very likely). He did seem to still be making sure not to land 100% on his left ankle, although given I don't recall which ankle he originally injured, that could just be the way he lands when dunking.

Reactions: bluefaithful
He as well as some on this board are pouting. It isn't much different from the comment he made a couple of games ago about Shep and Dilly playing with house money. He is simply not pleased that his number one NBA prospect is being overshadowed by is star pupil's designated understudy.
You are one miserable person man. Hope you find the joy in life that you're sorely lacking....

You are one miserable person man. Hope you find the joy in life that you're sorely lacking....
You are the kindest person to ever walk the planet. It is great to dialog with someone who is above name calling because someone disagrees with them. Keep up the good work. You are truly a pillar to your community.

You must be young, you have zero idea what the word "hate" really means. Your post is "sus".
You are spot on.......I will soon be 72 yrs young....Please do tell.......I am sure you are possessing knowledge beyond your years......how about trying to create discord where there is none.......You don't have a F**king clue what his parents then or do......just surmising.......trying to create discord..........get a life!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT