ADVERTISEMENT

Sharpe will not play tonight

Okay well I want a coach that wants what’s best for our ****ing win column and banner rafters you apologist.

I don’t give a **** at the end of the day, if Sharpe’s draft stock is hurt by playing, I give a **** if his playing could help our win column.
If you think I am a Cal apologist then you don’t read this board very much 🤣🤣🤣

Lets just get Livingston and Cason Wallace do the same next season.
I’m not convinced they’ll play here next year.

What if their cardio isn’t good or they’re just not ready to practice 5v5 in scrimmage.

Toppin just got hurt, so we’re down multiple men now, and Sharpe is not going to play, because he is not going to play here ever.

You’re basing that on what?

the multiple in the know people that say he isn’t likely to play this year?

Jay Bilas wouldn’t just say he’s unlikely to play this season. He knows someone from his camp and Shaedon will not see a serious minute of basketball this year.

We might see him come in with the walk ons and dunk a ball. He’s not ****ing playing serious minutes here this year, and he’s not ****ing passing up on being a top 5 pick to play a season of college basketball for fun.

its ****ing done, I tried to be a positive dude about the Sharpe situation. The writing is on the wall.
I haven’t followed this as closely as you evidently, I didn’t see any quote from Bilas (not that it matters). All I saw is an article on ESPN that made a statement he would be silly to play this year.

I still think there’s a decent chance he plays this year. You don’t know shit anymore than the rest of us. I don’t believe him playing this year is some huge risk as others have proclaimed—it’s less of a risk than a regular one and done.

Regardless, I kinda tuned out after the news he was draft eligible broke. After the initial disappointment it’s not something I’m gonna fret and complain over every second. You do you tho.

Reactions: EastLansingCat
One practice and you want to stick him in just because? Just think about trying to do that on even a High School team....

Some of y'all are such an embarrassment 🤦🏻‍♂️🤬🤮

I haven’t followed this as closely as you evidently, I didn’t see any quote from Bilas (not that it matters). All I saw is an article on ESPN that made a statement he would be silly to play this year.

I still think there’s a decent chance he plays this year. You don’t know shit anymore than the rest of us. I don’t believe him playing this year is some huge risk as others have proclaimed—it’s less of a risk than a regular one and done.

Regardless, I kinda tuned out after the news he was draft eligible broke. After the initial disappointment it’s not something I’m gonna fret and complain over every second. You do you tho.
You're looking at this wrong.

It's not 'us' who are making these decisions.

It's Cal.

In poker you play the man.

Cal doesn't WANT to play Sharpe. All the evidence is right in front of you. He's been getting pressure all week from the media, the fans, and even from his own players, and where is Sharpe?

Not in the game.

It's Cal.

Don't be blind.

I’m literally gonna to cheer for EKU or something until Cal is gone. I can’t support this bullshit.

So long, I’m sure I won’t be missed, but it won’t take a year or two more before y’all realize Cal ain’t the one.
Please please please do

It's Cal.

Cal doesn't WANT to play Sharpe. All the evidence is right in front of you. He's been getting pressure all week from the media, the fans, and even from his own players, and where is Sharpe?

Not in the game.

It's Cal.

Don't be blind.

I agree at this point. He should have played him earlier and we may have finished this off earlier.

It's Cal.

Not in the game.

It's Cal.

Don't be blind.

Ok so now I’m blind. Gotcha

I know pretty clearly where u and others are coming form on this even a blind man could see that one.

Your hatred of Cal is directing you not common sense or reasoning. I’m no “Cal apologist” either but jeez man. I’m not gonna argue this you nor me or anyone else has a clue whether Sharpe will play this year. Only time will tell.

As I said before, I hope u are wrong.

Please please please do
Yeah you wish mother****er, then ur shrugging in an empty room wondering wtf happened when the majority of the fan base is out on Cal in a couple years.

“Man wtf, we have 3000 people at Rupp for an SEC game what happened??? Oh yeah we told fans to go cheer for someone else when they were wildly upset with Cal letting the #1 player pretend to be a Kentucky Basketball team member before the draft.”

• Haha
Reactions: EastLansingCat
Ok so now I’m blind. Gotcha

I know pretty clearly where u and others are coming form on this even a blind man could see that one.

Your hatred of Cal is directing you not common sense or reasoning. I’m no “Cal apologist” either but jeez man. I’m not gonna argue this you nor me or anyone else has a clue whether Sharpe will play this year. Only time will tell.

As I said before, I hope u are wrong.
Common sense? Now you're being ridiculous.

I literally PREDICTED Sharpe would not play in this game and I was right.

But you instead attack me personally and say I hate Cal.

Never mind that I was right.

I may not be very happy with Cal right now, but I do understand him.

Don't hate on me just because you don't.

Yeah you wish mother****er, then ur shrugging in an empty room wondering wtf happened when the majority of the fan base is out on Cal in a couple years.

“Man wtf, we have 3000 people at Rupp for an SEC game what happened??? Oh yeah we told fans to go cheer for someone else when they were wildly upset with Cal letting the #1 player pretend to be a Kentucky Basketball team member before the draft.”

3000. Try 2999 sparky.

It’s just basketball man, not open heart surgery.
Do you think that guy would believe it I told him I’ve been in many pickup games with people I never met before and I didn’t have to watch them play for 60 games in order to play along side of them?

I mean basketball requires such a high cerebral level, ball goes in the hoop that’s 2 points, teammate likes to shoot the ball from far away, that’s 3 points. I would need months to understand how to play this game with people I’ve never met before n

I’m not hating on anyone just responding to your post calling me blind. I also don’t care what your stance on Cal is but when posters proclaim that our coach cares more about individual players than winning, it kinda tips your hand no?

Not sure what your guess of him playing tonight or not has to do with anything. You gonna make a guess every game?

Look bottom line—we are all Uk fans and just want the team to succeed. Just don’t tell me I don’t see some bigger picture or grand plan bc I disagree with you on this. I hope Sharpe plays as I’m sure you do as well. Let’s leave it at that and agree to disagree on the rest.

Do you think that guy would believe it I told him I’ve been in many pickup games with people I never met before and I didn’t have to watch them play for 60 games in order to play along side of them?

I mean basketball requires such a high cerebral level, ball goes in the hoop that’s 2 points, teammate likes to shoot the ball from far away, that’s 3 points. I would need months to understand how to play this game with people I’ve never met before n
Yeah it's like the Cal worship. The guy is, as is widely accepted, an average x's and o's coach. Now, he's smarter about that than I am, but he's not smarter than I am. And he's flawed enough that I can see what he's doing. He's just a really good salesman but the problem is, I'm in sales too and I see right through him. He's more politician than salesman anyway. He's so paranoid of the media that he's outsmarted himself in dealing with them. He thinks he can just use his good old 'coach speak' and everybody will go along like lemmings.

The problem is, he's lost a good chunk of the fanbase now, who collectively see right through him as well.

This is like The Matrix, though. Tons of fans on this board are openly hostile and abusive when confronted with the truth about Cal, and they will NOT accept it because it upsets their applecart.

Cal is dividing our fanbase and the division may not be reconcilable. A bunch of fans didn't just suddenly decide in a vacuum to start bagging on Cal. They can clearly and easily tie their criticism to actions HE has TAKEN and WORDS he has SPOKEN.

It's Cal.

Not in the game.

It's Cal.

Don't be blind.
He doesn’t want to play sharpe so bad he’s given Allen considerable minutes for the first time all year lol

• Haha
Reactions: LowCountryCat
Yeah it's like the Cal worship. The guy is, as is widely accepted, an average x's and o's coach. Now, he's smarter about that than I am, but he's not smarter than I am. And he's flawed enough that I can see what he's doing. He's just a really good salesman but the problem is, I'm in sales too and I see right through him. He's more politician than salesman anyway. He's so paranoid of the media that he's outsmarted himself in dealing with them. He thinks he can just use his good old 'coach speak' and everybody will go along like lemmings.

The problem is, he's lost a good chunk of the fanbase now, who collectively see right through him as well.

This is like The Matrix, though. Tons of fans on this board are openly hostile and abusive when confronted with the truth about Cal, and they will NOT accept it because it upsets their applecart.

Cal is dividing our fanbase and the division may not be reconcilable. A bunch of fans didn't just suddenly decide in a vacuum to start bagging on Cal. They can clearly and easily tie their criticism to actions HE has TAKEN and WORDS he has SPOKEN.
No no, Cal’s not a salesman, he just can’t evaluate talent, and he’s recruited the worst number one player in the history of high school basketball.

Shaedon Sharpe is not good enough to be our 12th man this year, he must be ****ING awful.
I hope this is what Cal wanted from the fan base.

All I can assume is that Shaedon Sharpe’s so ****ing terrible at basketball he should be thanking his lucky stars the nba draft projectors haven’t noticed that he isn’t good enough to be a backup for Kentucky yet.

You are the softest damn snowflake in the history of the internet. You do nothing but talk shit all day then whine about how people react to it.

I have. I was out there guarding him yesterday in practice and he drove to the basket and tried one of those big windmill dunks but I threw it into the stands. I told him not to bring that weak stuff in here. We laughed about it for awhile...
Did you offer him a Lifesaver as you walked off the court? It would be cool if you did.

• Haha

It's Cal.

Not in the game.

It's Cal.

Don't be blind.
Good lord you spend a lot of time in this forum…not judging just saying.

Your constant negativity is somewhat telling. Not saying you don’t occasionally make a point worthwhile, but personally, I find you amusing.

still trying to figure out if you take yourself serious or just a baiter?

Reactions: BigCat241
Good lord you spend a lot of time in this forum…not judging just saying.

Your constant negativity is somewhat telling. Not saying you don’t occasionally make a point worthwhile, but personally, I find you amusing.

still trying to figure out if you take yourself serious or just a baiter?
You worry about you.

I'll worry about me.

If you start having TEH BAD FEELINGS just ignore me kthxbai

Cal wants what’s best for individual players. What is best for Sharpe is that he doesn’t play, as it could either lead to his being exposed or suffering an injury. Simple as that. There are other reasons too, but I think this is sufficient.
If his draft stock is hurt by playing college ball, he was never that good anyway. Personally if he has no intentions of playing to protect his stock I’d just assume he keep his ass off the floor but cal needs his ass kicked for going along with this BS.

Nice reply. I’ll leave it that.
I actually thought about an answer to your question.

The truth is, I'm not afraid to take a controversial position. Most people here know better than to post their own thread so they just throw feces and stay in the background and pile on with other blobs of flamers. I say what I think and I call 'em as I see 'em. It doesn't really bother me to get flamed, and I'm usually right. In the case of Sharpe, I'm already vindicated. But I still get flamed, and I really don't care. Those flaming would never have the balls to start their own thread and put their own opinion out there for everyone else to take potshots at.

• Haha
Reactions: Gomez Addams
If he doesn't play it's no different than if Cal didn't let him come to UK. Some of you just want whine.

I think it's time to knock off the Sharpe watch. There are really only two possibilities here. One is that he never plays a game and goes pro at the end of the year. The second is that he plays and is only marginally effective and goes pro at the end of the year. That's it, those are your options. The notion that we will add a player in February that will end up being a John Wall level impact player is only wishful thinking. This is feeling like the Jared Vanderbilt saga all over again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT