ADVERTISEMENT

Self control for...

WildmanWilson

Junior
Oct 11, 2010
Cal on the side line? Cal demands discipline from all his players yet he continues to get out of the box knowing he has a set of rules to follow. Yeah, he’s not the only coach doing it but when a coach can’t control themselves in something as simple as staying in his box then how can they get upset with some simple mistakes from players. Just seems they should practice what they preach.

Cal on the side line? Cal demands discipline from all his players yet he continues to get out of the box knowing he has a set of rules to follow. Yeah, he’s not the only coach doing it but when a coach can’t control themselves in something as simple as staying in his box then how can they get upset with some simple mistakes from players. Just seems they should practice what they preach.

He was never called for being outside of the box. This thread is about a bad assumption on your part.

Not for being outside the box. That is a different call and one that he has been called for many times this season but that is not what he was called for as the OP demands that he correct.
I never said he was called for it this game. Just that he and other coaches should be disciplined to stay in the area laid out. If your going to jump down a players throat for lack of discipline then at least show you’re capable of it yourself. Something as simple as this should be easy to do.

I never said he was called for it this game. Just that he and other coaches should be disciplined to stay in the area laid out. If your going to jump down a players throat for lack of discipline then at least show you’re capable of it yourself. Something as simple as this should be easy to do.

Direct quote from your first post...

yet he continues to get out of the box knowing he has a set of rules to follow.

Again, he did not get outside of the box.

The impact of this thread:

qgj6nTF.gif

Every coach gets out of the coaching box, especially the ones with the most intensity on the sidelines. It's part of the game. Whether it is called or not is about the officials more than anything. But the warning tonight wasn't about the coach's box. It was just a sideline warning on Cal. It was a way for Shows to exert some control.

Cal is very high strung on the sideline. I think it's a positive and negative. I think he's good at firing guys up when we're down but I think we've choked off some games because he gets nervous and tight and it translates to the players. Can have it both ways though I guess, I'll take our guy, he's pretty good.

Reactions: Emarc and KyFaninNC
Admit it. Your brain was in a jar when you posted this.

Reactions: Mr_GG
Cal is very high strung on the sideline. I think it's a positive and negative. I think he's good at firing guys up when we're down but I think we've choked off some games because he gets nervous and tight and it translates to the players. Can have it both ways though I guess, I'll take our guy, he's pretty good.

Yeah some games Cal should pop a valium and take a nap in the locker room...best example this South Carolina game... :popcorn:

image.jpg

Reactions: Mr_GG and miracle7s
Could be worse. Cal could start slinging chairs across the floor. [winking]

It takes some doin' to become a " worst take of all time" on here , or even be a top 50 candidate , but the OP succeeded

Just when you think you've seen every stupid thread there could possibly ever be then the OP comes on here and does this lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT