ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Tourney 3 Seed

zwynn10

Freshman
Dec 16, 2008
Win the next two games, both at home, and we lock down the 3 seed for the SEC Tourney. That would mean a semi-final set up with A&M and would mean TN or AUB, as 4 seed, would get 1 seed AL in the semi-finals. That would be a great set up for us for the Tourney.

We could possibly be a 2 seed but we would have to win all 3 remaining games (incl. at Ark) and A&M would have to lose its last 3 (@ Miss St, @ Ol Miss and vs AL) and even if that happened, A&M would still set up as our semi-final opponent.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueSince92
I would love to wind up as 3 seed with this path. Want BOTH Bama and Arkansas on the other side of the bracket. Looks like the Hogs are starting to click with Nick Smith back. They have a very high ceiling when it all comes together.

It's hard to believe but I could easily see Alabama dropping to the 2 seed, they play Arkansas (Nick Smith is back) and at A&M.

Reactions: Cayts69
Win the next two games, both at home, and we lock down the 3 seed for the SEC Tourney. That would mean a semi-final set up with A&M and would mean TN or AUB, as 4 seed, would get 1 seed AL in the semi-finals. That would be a great set up for us for the Tourney.

We could possibly be a 2 seed but we would have to win all 3 remaining games (incl. at Ark) and A&M would have to lose its last 3 (@ Miss St, @ Ol Miss and vs AL) and even if that happened, A&M would still set up as our semi-final opponent.

Well don't pump too much sunshine....it has not worked so far. How about we rely on performance instead of hope and prayer.

It might sound crazy but it feels like TN is our easiest game of the top 6. Bama might be starting to struggle a little bit if USCjr is any indication. The 3 seed side as of now doesn't have the big names but AM and Mizzou might be as dangerous to us if not more than the top half of the bracket. I think having to go through AM and Mizzou might be tough for this team. It feels like a 1-1 type deal and I'm not sure anyone in the SEC is playing better than AM.

As long as we are top 4 I think you just don't worry about who. In the end we will have to beat at least 2 good teams to win it. I see AM, Mizzou, ARK and Bama as all tough games. We are probably getting 2 of the 4 nomatter the side.

It might sound crazy but it feels like TN is our easiest game of the top 6. Bama might be starting to struggle a little bit if USCjr is any indication. The 3 seed side as of now doesn't have the big names but AM and Mizzou might be as dangerous to us if not more than the top half of the bracket. I think having to go through AM and Mizzou might be tough for this team. It feels like a 1-1 type deal and I'm not sure anyone in the SEC is playing better than AM.

As long as we are top 4 I think you just don't worry about who. In the end we will have to beat at least 2 good teams to win it. I see AM, Mizzou, ARK and Bama as all tough games. We are probably getting 2 of the 4 nomatter the side.
Mizzou could end up getting the 4 and auburn gets the 6. That’s if Mizzou wins out (they should be favored in all 3 although odds are they drop one)

Kentucky has clinched at worst #5 seed as of now.

Kentucky clinches #3 seed by winning 1 of the final 2 games.

For Kentucky to clinch the double bye if they lose both of their last 2 games they would need

Tennessee to lose 1 of final 2 games
OR
Missouri to lose 1 of final 2 games

Kentucky wins all tie breakers over Vanderbilt I just went through every possible outcome even if Vandy beats Kentucky and wins out.

The only path that keeps Kentucky out of the double bye would be the following

3 - Tennessee 12-6
4 - Missouri 11-7
5 - Kentucky 11-7

So the only way Kentucky does not get double bye

Kentucky would have to lose twice (vs Vandy and At Arkansas)
Tennessee would need to win twice (vs Arkansas and At Auburn)
Missouri would need to win twice (At LSU and vs Ole Miss)

Reactions: JumperJack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT