ADVERTISEMENT

Sean Miller

No thanks on him being our next Headcoach down the road! Biggest choker going IMO. Self chokes alot but he has title and handful FF' s betwen KU and Illini. Been in 2 title games Miller cant even win his region! Whens last TIME Zona made FF, 97?

They had the talent. Coach Cal has had his struggles with top-level talent, sure, but Sean Miller might take the cake.

I always laugh my ass off when people say they want him after Cal. Dude is an average coach , period. He has tons of NBA talent year in and year out and never ever has gotten to a final 4. Weak AF.
This sounds very familiar.

I actually think he's good. If that kid hits the 3 on the last possession, everyone would be saying "The next UK coach!!"
Winning and losing, after the first weekend, is usually decided by ONE shot with a minute less. Ive never seen a coach take it himself.

You gotta question how long they stay with him? Another year? After that if I'm them I would go hard after Billy D.

Unless he goes to the FF next year. If not he's out IMO.

He's on the short list for next UK coach. But that would go down a lot smoother if he can squeeze out a Final Four or two before then.

When we hired Calipari, he had 2.

BCG 0
Tubby 0
RP 1
Eddie 1
Joe B. 0

Reactions: UKUGA and jrpross
He's on the short list for next UK coach. But that would go down a lot smoother if he can squeeze out a Final Four or two before then.

When we hired Calipari, he had 2.

BCG 0
Tubby 0
RP 1
Eddie 1
Joe B. 0

He is not on my short list. We ran Tubby out for doing far more with our program then Miller is doing for AZ.

Keep it real. He (Miller) sucks in our book.

He is not on my short list. We ran Tubby out for doing far more with our program then Miller is doing for AZ.

I agree and he doesn't get the, "what could he do with our resources" excuse. Arizona is probably the second best brand out west and he has all the built in advantages to win and win big.

Reactions: Big Cat fan

I'm keeping it as real as I can.

Guy is 48. Recruits at a high level. Has coached to 7 Sweet Sixteens and 4 Elite Eights. Wins 75% of his games. Has a close connection to Cal.

Name me the other coaches who would be in front of Miller if Cal left in, say, 3 years.

Especially if Miller manages to get a FF by then.

When we were loaded in 2010, we got upset by a two seed who shot the lights out. Miller had the easiest bracket that may have ever existed and got bounced by an 11 seed Xavier.

I admit that I didn't make the distinction clear enough, in my effort to sound a little sarcastic. As you know, many disparage Cal for his failings.

Trust me, I find Cal to be FAR superior to what most people think. He isn't infallible (2010, 2015), but he is a great tournament coach. Most tournament wins since 2010.

Miller has been a joke.

I admit that I didn't make the distinction clear enough, in my effort to sound a little sarcastic. As you know, many disparage Cal for his failings.

Trust me, I find Cal to be FAR superior to what most people think. He isn't infallible (2010, 2015), but he is a great tournament coach. Most tournament wins since 2010.

Miller has been a joke.

Oh, no, I understood you. I was just adding to it.

Reactions: CapnBlubs
Personally I'd look past his tournament shortcomings. You all love Cal. Well he's Calipari lite. Both are the very best recruiters and average coaches. I'd still love to have him when Cal leaves. If he can bring in that type of talent at Zona, which has been as bout as good as ours every year, then he would likely do even better here.

I'm pretty sure you all weren't calling him a bad coach when he was turning Xavier into a national contender. As a matter of fact, his situation reminds me so much of Cal at Memphis. Both recruited great but can't close the deal. The majority of UK fans bash both and say they'd never want them here, (for different reasons). But the truth is that if he came here and brought in the same type of classes that he has at Zona then all of you people dumping on him would be kissing his ass just like you do with Cal now.

Personally I'd look past his tournament shortcomings. You all love Cal. Well he's Calipari lite. Both are the very best recruiters and average coaches. I'd still love to have him when Cal leaves. If he can bring in that type of talent at Zona, which has been as bout as good as ours every year, then he would likely do even better here.

I'm pretty sure you all weren't calling him a bad coach when he was turning Xavier into a national contender. As a matter of fact, his situation reminds me so much of Cal at Memphis. Both recruited great but can't close the deal. The majority of UK fans bash both and say they'd never want them here, (for different reasons). But the truth is that if he came here and brought in the same type of classes that he has at Zona then all of you people dumping on him would be kissing his ass just like you do with Cal now.
I agree to disagree...when Cal hangs it up....Brad Miller

Stevens...typo...thinking about him Boston, and Sean Miller, Arizona
Lol Brad Miller would be interesting.

Personally I don't like Stevens because he hasn't proven one bit that he can recruit at the level needed to win here. Plus I can't see him leaving the Celtics for any college job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT