ADVERTISEMENT

Scout talks Sharpe

This came out yesterday but at this point the dude and his crew are a soap opera.

I'm still waiting to see when he turns his lease back in on the Porsche... so glad he was able to get NIL money while sleeping on a Tempur-Pedic

I used to think it was just a business decision, but at some point you really have to question if the kid really wants to play ball at all. Could be another Ben Simmons type. Just here for a check.
Not the vibe I get, I just think he's taking bad advice from the Washington guy. Washington thinks he's playing 4D chess and will parlay himself into a big payday but in reality his guidance is just making Shaedon look like a prima donna and scared to show his game on a big stage.

Yep, it takes a TON of blind faith to expend a top 5 pick on Sharpe ….because scouts have no real footage of him in actual playing conditions in nearly two years.

He skipped his senior high school season, he refused to play at UK, he refused to participate in the combine scrimmages …and there’s no video proof he participated in practice scrimmages here either.

I’d be mighty reluctant to wager my franchise’s future on a player who’s so avoided letting people see him against other players.

Last edited:
Sharpe succeeded with his plan. He maximized his NBA value and did it as quick as he could while also protecting his health. Too bad he had to use (scam) UK to do it with no benefit to UK basketball.

I sort of think UKs finish to last season... after you all destroyed my Tar Heels and looked every bit a final four favorite all season, but towards the end weren't playing as well...was a slow descent due to internal cultural issue that was undermining the team. That issue was all the other invested players who saw healthy but uninvested Sharpe sitting out when they knew he could play and help, even as as a sub.

And to the UK fans...it's not Sharpe's handlers who are to blame. It is Shaedon Sharpe 100%. Stop giving Shaedon Sharpe a pass.

Remember Zion who could have sat out the rest of his season at Duke after injuring himself vs UNC. The entire hoops world said he should sit out the rest of his season because Zion was clearly going to be the number 1 pick and he was surely going to get a massive shoe deal. Why jeopardize $100 million to play college?

Surely Zion had his handlers. We all know he hired agents even while at college. Surely they wanted to protect their investment in him and said don't play.

But Zion played and got Duke to a close loss in the Elite Eight. And Zion's draft status, health, financial needs were all intact.

Shaedon Sharpe...not his handlers...did this to UK.

I'm a college basketball fan. Yes, UK is a UNC rival but I respect UK and hate what he did.

Last edited:
The fact that there have been more Sharpe posts than about any other subject demonstrates what a debacle this whole situation has been.

Reactions: struggler
Yep, scouts are investing a TON of blind faith in Sharpe if they take him with the top five pick ….because they have virtually no footage of him in actual playing conditions in nearly two years.

He skipped his senior of high school, he refused to play at UK, he refused to participate in the combine scrimmages …and there’s no video proof he participated in practice scrimmaged here either.

I’d be mighty reluctant to wager my franchise’s future on a player who’s so avoided letting people see him play against other players.
No way I'm using a lottery pick on this kid if my job depended on it.

NBA scouts seems like a vicious backstabbing bunch

no shortage of anonymous quotes coming from them

I don't care enough to follow anything about Sharpe other than what is on here, but how am I supposed to put any value in "anonymous NBA scout"? Is he a scout for the Fort Wayne Mad Ants or the Celtics? Is he a friend of Calipari? Does he even exist?

Reactions: BlueWhite21
Wouldn’t doubt one bit if Cal had zero problem with SS not playing a minute this past season. If you remember, Diallo never played a minute his first season. Cal actually encouraged Diallo to not do any scrimmages at the combine. He said something along the lines of, “if they don’t know your weaknesses, don’t show them.” He absolutely said something to that effect.

Make no mistake, had Diallo been projected anywhere in the first round he would’ve been gone as well. Cal was backing that 100%. It was literally the exact same situation as SS.

You can't keep putting the blame on the advisors/handlers/agents.. thouands of other players don't let these types dictate their actions. Sharpe needs to be held accountable at some point.

God, I really hope we don't take him with the 3rd pick. IDC if he winds up being the best player, I'm not taking that risk. Seeing as how Chet is likely going to be taken by the Magic.. I'll gladly take Jabari or Banchero.

I'm sorry but i guess the kid has a different mentality then we always did. Growing up if you set me on the bench and we were losing there was no doubt in my mind I could come in and play, would actively be asking to go in.
I think the kid isn't really all that and he's scared he's going to fall bad. Get guaranteed money then if they cut you 🤷‍♂️

Whether he played or not, the young man is a Wildcat and I hope he's an early selection in the draft!
No. No he is not. Not only did he not play for Kentucky, he refused to help Kentucky out. Literally the opposite of being a player for Kentucky. Never was a Wildcat, and should never be looked at as a Wildcat. He's a lying, using, coward. A bum.

No. No he is not. Not only did he not play for Kentucky, he refused to help Kentucky out. Literally the opposite of being a player for Kentucky. Never was a Wildcat, and should never be looked at as a Wildcat. He's a lying, using, coward. A bum.
Fwiw, that @EternallyBlu poster is clearly a troll who’s only here to try to provoke angry responses from people. It’s hardly worth the time to respond to him.

Im just ready for this drama train to be over.
IF... he came back we all know one bump or bruise they would shut him down for the year.

The whole situation is kind of exhausting

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Really starting to think kid is going to be a bust. Who hides like this?
this is a good point. Maybe this will be the watershed moment/player where nba GMs change their thinking on the importance of AT LEAST one year of actual competition in a man's game before being thrown to the wolves. Too bad he was associated with UK, I'd rather the program not have that stigma.

It could be certain scouts being instructed to put out disinformation to hurt his stock, and improve some team's chance of getting him. All kinds of possibilities with this anonymous info.

Sharpe and his handlers will in the end get what they are after - a high draft pick without having to take a chance on exposing possible flaws that may have hurt his status. If it works, then great for them, I suppose, but it sure is a slimy, cowardly way of going about it. It's a unique situation that only a few players could get away with due to his freakish physical tools and apparently his elite shooting and scoring abilities. We sure could have used that this spring.

He was never going to play for UK and should not be mentioned as a former UK player.

Last edited:
Fwiw, that @EternallyBlu poster is clearly a troll who’s only here to try to provoke angry responses from people. It’s hardly worth the time to respond to him.
I respectfully disagree. Yes, I'm a newbie here and my opinions may differ from yours, but that does NOT make me a troll. Additionally, I have NEVER resorted to name-calling or labeling of others. Can you make the same claim?

Sharpe succeeded with his plan. He maximized his NBA value and did it as quick as he could while also protecting his health. Too bad he had to use (scam) UK to do it with no benefit to UK basketball.

I sort of think UKs finish to last season... after you all destroyed my Tar Heels and looked every bit a final four favorite all season, but towards the end weren't playing as well...was a slow descent due to internal cultural issue that was undermining the team. That issue was all the other invested players who saw healthy but uninvested Sharpe sitting out when they knew he could play and help, even as as a sub.

And to the UK fans...it's not Sharpe's handlers who are to blame. It is Shaedon Sharpe 100%. Stop giving Shaedon Sharpe a pass.

Remember Zion who could have sat out the rest of his season at Duke after injuring himself vs UNC. The entire hoops world said he should sit out the rest of his season because Zion was clearly going to be the number 1 pick and he was surely going to get a massive shoe deal. Why jeopardize $100 million to play college?

Surely Zion had his handlers. We all know he hired agents even while at college. Surely they wanted to protect their investment in him and said don't play.

But Zion played and got Duke to a close loss in the Elite Eight. And Zion's draft status, health, financial needs were all intact.

I'm a college basketball fan. Yes, UK is a UNC rival but I respect UK and hate what he did.
Great post!

Reactions: augustaky1
NBA teams love potential that’s why they draft overseas players that are looked at as projects, especially contending teams do this. Sharpe isn’t going to a contending team but will get drafted top ten, this is coming out now to make it look like his decision was actually hard for him and he was torn, he was never torn on the decision, it’s been made for a while now, his people are trying to figure out ways to do damage control. Or like somebody else said this is a NBA scout trying to create misdirection so that sharpe ends being available when they pick.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cowtown Cat

Great post. I agree about Sharpe disrupting the culture of the team and it weighed on us and we got worse and worse. And this is the big reason why I and much of this board wants John Calipari gone. He allowed this crap to happen and never dismissed Sharpe from the team. He should’ve been sent packing long before the tournament.

Calipari is garbage, Sharpe is garbage, and Mitch Barnhart is garbage. Anyone who supports any of those 3 are clueless

Yeah, I'm sorry.. he's not a Wildcat.

If for nothing else.. supporting Sharpe for his selfish actions basically sends a message to the other Sharpes of the world that says "Yeah, come use the University of Kentucky to your advantage!"

I don't want another player like Sharpe ever again, and the more we cut ties with him (respectfully, of course), the more that message is sent loud and clear that these players can't pull this on us.

You're right...and wrong. It's 100% Sharpe and 100% Cal. Cal knew about and enabled this situation.

I respectfully disagree. Yes, I'm a newbie here and my opinions may differ from yours, but that does NOT make me a troll. Additionally, I have NEVER resorted to name-calling or labeling of others. Can you make the same claim?
You're a sock, probably one of Cal's staffers or family members. It's obvious. You showed up on May 1 and never post anything but "Sharpe is TEH AMAZEBALLZ GO CAL!"

ADVERTISEMENT