ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Scout says

sk73

Junior
Feb 16, 2013
A good friend of mine has been a scout for the Miami Heat for about 20 years. Dwayne Wade was his first draft year. I ran into him today and we talked for quite a while with much of it centered around UK, Cal, potential draft status of our players and Coach Rupp stories. He played for Rupp, thus the Miami Heat connection. He mentioned Dillingham was going to go high in the draft although there was concern about his size. They think he will score and score a lot but the question is , can he stop anyone. He is high on Antonio Reeves but some of the others are not as confident as he is in Reeves. He doesn't agree with their position on Reeves.
He doesn't think we have another player that will be drafted high, this year. All of our guys are potentially good to great college players but, (at this time), doesn't see any of them making a roster. He emphasized that he could be wrong and that he has missed before. He also believes that we will have several guys try to make the jump. Just sharing.

Anything on Reed?

AlohaCat
Yes. He said he loves Reeds college game but is not confident it can transfer to the NBA. He watched UK many times this year and each time, inefficiency on defense stood out to him when grading Reed. He mentioned that Reed is 20 years old and probably will not get quicker. He thinks he is a great college player and , instead of trying the NBA route this year, take advantage of his UK popularity and go the NIL route.

A good friend of mine has been a scout for the Miami Heat for about 20 years. Dwayne Wade was his first draft year. I ran into him today and we talked for quite a while with much of it centered around UK, Cal, potential draft status of our players and Coach Rupp stories. He played for Rupp, thus the Miami Heat connection. He mentioned Dillingham was going to go high in the draft although there was concern about his size. They think he will score and score a lot but the question is , can he stop anyone. He is high on Antonio Reeves but some of the others are not as confident as he is in Reeves. He doesn't agree with their position on Reeves.
He doesn't think we have another player that will be drafted high, this year. All of our guys are potentially good to great college players but, (at this time), doesn't see any of them making a roster. He emphasized that he could be wrong and that he has missed before. He also believes that we will have several guys try to make the jump. Just sharing.
Nothing surprising. I do hope Reeves does make it. Really improved his game but there are lots of players his size with very good games.

Yes. He said he loves Reeds college game but is not confident it can transfer to the NBA. He watched UK many times this year and each time, inefficiency on defense stood out to him when grading Reed. He mentioned that Reed is 20 years old and probably will not get quicker. He thinks he is a great college player and , instead of trying the NBA route this year, take advantage of his UK popularity and go the NIL route.
Reed needs a lot of work to be nba ready. I know people buy the brainwash but he could go thinking he’s lotto and slide to second round. He played the way he did because of the name on the front. He’s not giving that effort for 82 games to the pelicans or any other nba franchise. It’s an intangible no one has factored because they are small brained, zero critical thinking bozos. They just go with the flow. He wasn’t as bad as many thought coming in and he’s not as good as has been portrayed by the mocks.

Gee. Who has been saying Reed needs to get quicker and stronger? Oh, wait, that’s me.

Reed is 20? Well I apologize to Cal for saying he doesn't know how to "get older."

Einstein. You let us know how intelligent you are…”geeeee that was me who said that” like no shit he needs to get faster and stronger. SMH
Stalker. Been saying those are part of the reasons why he might return, why it might make sense (even financially) to return.

You giving yourself a pat on the back it’s hard not to laugh at it. You crossed the line the other day, so I’ll say shit to you whenever I feel like it.
Stalker. You crossed the line when out of the blue you falsely accused me of being a Cal supporter, with zero evidence of that. Stalker

Reactions: ukalum87

Lol. Side eye…

More than 1 mock draft have Reed in the lottery. Not that I think he’s going to be “ready” but he’s at least listed in the lottery and has been for awhile. He’s not going to come back for a fraction of what he’d make on his rookie contract.

Stalker. You crossed the line when out of the blue you falsely accused me of being a Cal supporter, with zero evidence of that. Stalker
Calm down. Don’t be a nerd and act all scared, I was joking with you that day. Then when you started talking shit the joke was over. I’ve joked with people for years by using a random song and adding their name to it. I even made a post that Brad and Cal was going to Louisville with a 15 million dollar salary that day. As a fan this has been a sad place to be. Everyone’s disappointed and mad. It sucks.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Sometimes I do think you skirt the line between being a Cal supporter and not being one. I think it's just you trying to be impartial.

Calm down. Don’t be a nerd and act all scared, I was joking with you that day. Then when you started talking shit the joke was over. I’ve joked with people for years by using a random song and adding their name to it. I even made a post that Brad and Cal was going to Louisville with a 15 million dollar salary that day. As a fan this has been a sad place to be. Everyone’s disappointed and mad. It sucks.
🤝

Hold on here, did someone really just say they *know* Reed won't give his all to an NBA franchise and play full seasons for them? On what grounds is THIS new info? Lmfao.

Reactions: BlueRunner11
Lol. Side eye…

More than 1 mock draft have Reed in the lottery. Not that I think he’s going to be “ready” but he’s at least listed in the lottery and has been for awhile. He’s not going to come back for a fraction of what he’d make on his rookie contract.
You may be right.

I agree with Coach R.E. on this one. It is Coach R.E., ain't it?

Reactions: KT34
Reed needs a lot of work to be nba ready. I know people buy the brainwash but he could go thinking he’s lotto and slide to second round. He played the way he did because of the name on the front. He’s not giving that effort for 82 games to the pelicans or any other nba franchise. It’s an intangible no one has factored because they are small brained, zero critical thinking bozos. They just go with the flow. He wasn’t as bad as many thought coming in and he’s not as good as has been portrayed by the mocks.
Really? That doesn't say much about him, does it? I think he would give it all he had.

Reed Sheppard's age is not 20. He was born on June 24, 2004.

He really is. He has so many great Adolph Rupp stories.
Idk who the guy is you’re talking about but that’s really cool. I thought you were a troll and not a real uk fan. Sorry on the mistake. When you said you were an Alabama football fan I figured you were definitely trolling

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT