ADVERTISEMENT

Scout talks Sharpe

There is an article that stated Sharpe has played a total of 42 games since 2019 and that none of his drills/workouts were done at game speed. If this is true, that is a helluva risk to take with a top pick. Hell Juzang looked all world during that NCAA stretch a year ago. I get Sharpe has the athleticism, but still a big risk that high.

Also.. draft night might be wildly fun, if he starts to slip down the draft board. He has all the makings of that type of draft pick that falls 10 spots, and loses $5,000,000 right off the bat. And I would find it hard not to laugh and have a "serves you right" look on my face.

Whether he played or not, the young man is a Wildcat and I hope he's an early selection in the draft!
Nope. He never stepped foot on the court, not once. He refused to play and help his teammates. That alone proves he's a selfish coward and was a cancer for the team.

He will never be considered a Wildcat, never. And yes, Cal knew about it and went along with it and should be held accountable.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
No way he drops past OKC at 12, they are stockpiling. My guess is 5 or 6. I don't see him going above Ivey.

No way he drops past OKC at 12, they are stockpiling. My guess is 5 or 6. I don't see him going above Ivey.

Ultimately.. I agree. Someone will take him, probably the Knicks if he falls that far.

But if these workouts and reg flags keep popping up.. GMs might have their bluff called when it's their pick.. and take the safe play over the potential home run. You won't ruin your career if you take Jalen Duren.. but you might if you select Sharpe and he turns out to be a complete bust.

Makes me think of guys like Kyler and Pickett.. GMs seemed to be a little gun shy based on some of their physical attributes (size, hands, etc), so they made the safe pick while those guys slid in the draft.

So assuming Cal was in on it 100%, to announce to the fans to "get to the game early" to watch Sharpe warm up is the ultimate slap in the face.

Ultimately.. I agree. Someone will take him, probably the Knicks if he falls that far.

But if these workouts and reg flags keep popping up.. GMs might have their bluff called when it's their pick.. and take the safe play over the potential home run. You won't ruin your career if you take Jalen Duren.. but you might if you select Sharpe and he turns out to be a complete bust.

Makes me think of guys like Kyler and Pickett.. GMs seemed to be a little gun shy based on some of their physical attributes (size, hands, etc), so they made the safe pick while those guys slid in the draft.
Since Kobe slipped to 13 GMs have been willing to risk to avoid that type of embarrassment. 5&6 are Detroit (obv rebuild) and Indy (might be in process of gutting and rebuilding. I think either would go for SS over a lower ceiling safe pick like Keegan Murray or Mathurin or Davis.

They say that, and then they'll draft him #2 overall.
Which is why his camp done things this way and in the future other prospects will think about doing the same. Why put yourself out there to be scrutinized when NBA GM's will take you high in the draft just so they don't pass up on the next Kobe. Never mind all of the the "Can't Miss" prospects that have TANKED because they weren't able to be evaluated against adequate competition.

This whole scenario is the result of Cal DESPERATELY wanting to be associated with the top recruits again. I actually don't blame Sharpe or Washington, if Sharpe is drafted in the top 4, they pulled this scam off to perfection. Cal is TOTALLY to blame for ALLOWING this to happen here.

Hope this kid fails
Normally I’d disagree but at this point I’m with you on this.
this is a good point. Maybe this will be the watershed moment/player where nba GMs change their thinking on the importance of AT LEAST one year of actual competition in a man's game before being thrown to the wolves. Too bad he was associated with UK, I'd rather the program not have that stigma.
It will obviously be better for college basketball if he turns out to be Kwame instead of Kobe.
I can’t blame him for picking up everything that was set in front of him.
I can blame Cal for being an eyes wide open participant and enabler.
I don’t care about the NBA that much, so ultimately I won’t care if he becomes a journeyman player millionaire or a once in a generation billionaire.

Reactions: chroix
Prove it.
It's not necessary to prove anything to Calbois like yourself. We could produce him on video punting a puppy across the room while yelling "I knew Sharpe wasn't coming back next year" and you people would find a way to justify it.

It's obvious enough based on the preponderance of evidence that there are only two main possibilities:

1. Cal knew and enabled Sharpe's plan to avoid playing here
2. Cal was the only person on the PLANET who didn't know, and that includes Sharpe, the NBA, Kyle Tucker, Sharpe's family and handlers, and a large portion of the fanbase who were calling this (accurately) from the start.

If you really want to hang your hat on the less likely possibility that Cal was just stupid and not simply being given plausible deniability, then you actually should have a more difficult time defending him as an utter imbecile who is easily suckered by 18 year olds and therefore should NOT BE ALLOWED NEAR UK BASKETBALL ever again.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
Yeah, I'm sorry.. he's not a Wildcat.

If for nothing else.. supporting Sharpe for his selfish actions basically sends a message to the other Sharpes of the world that says "Yeah, come use the University of Kentucky to your advantage!"

I don't want another player like Sharpe ever again, and the more we cut ties with him (respectfully, of course), the more that message is sent loud and clear that these players can't pull this on us.
except that so far Cal has done little to say he isn't OK with it

I'd bet given the same situation Cal would roll the dice again

and there are fans on here that would be delighted saying he should do so as well

It's not necessary to prove anything to Calbois like yourself. We could produce him on video punting a puppy across the room while yelling "I knew Sharpe wasn't coming back next year" and you people would find a way to justify it.

It's obvious enough based on the preponderance of evidence that there are only two main possibilities:

2. Cal was the only person on the PLANET who didn't know, and that includes Sharpe, the NBA, Kyle Tucker, Sharpe's family and handlers, and a large portion of the fanbase who were calling this (accurately) from the start.

If you really want to hang your hat on the less likely possibility that Cal was just stupid and not simply being given plausible deniability, then you actually should have a more difficult time defending him as an utter imbecile who is easily suckered by 18 year olds and therefore should NOT BE ALLOWED NEAR UK BASKETBALL ever again.
Lots of words and no proof. What a surprise!

Riddle me this. Who is the bigger loser? The guy who is owed approximately $52M by UK or the guy who devotes a large portion of his daily schedule to whining about the former on a message board?

Unless you're paying, he's staying ... no matter how many posts you can claim.

Shaedon Sharpe sadly passed away November 15, 2021. But if his lame twin brother Shaydon can keep things going just a little bit longer, the family will get a nice consolation prize. Not to mention he’ll set an eternal record for money earned not playing basketball.

This guy has been hidden for a year now. I can’t believe EVERY scout isn’t saying this. I’ll pass on a guy who has shown zero competitive spirit in a year.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I look for him to have an Andrew Wiggins type of career.
Wiggins signed a 5 year almost $148 million dollar contract in in 2018/19 I believe so he is doing very well- now that he is on a good team and not on the Timberwolves he is playing better so if Sharpe reaches Wiggins status I think he and his handlers would be very happy IMO

Not to mention that every incoming college student has to provide transcripts, proof of graduation, a birth certificate, etc. All of that info will include dates. So, everyone involved at UK knew exactly when Sharpe graduated, which was the big mystery surrounding his draft eligibility. They were shady & withheld info for a reason. And, no college coach is as obsessed with fast tracking his players to the NBA as Cal is. Don’t think for a second that he didn’t know every minute detail that there is to know, about Sharpe’s situation.

He & the school have to know this stuff about EVERY player. But, especially so when it involves a kid who reclassifies. They have to be damn sure that he has the grades & has truly graduated unless they’re ok with playing a kid who is possibly ineligible & risk having that season vacated. It was a scam from the start.

And, for the sake of argument, if somehow nobody at UK knew the plan (but, they did), then they were negligent & incompetent. It was egregious & disgusting, no matter how it happened. Sharpe & his camp couldn’t have pulled this off without the help & blessing of a coach, who was a willing accomplice. They’re all trash.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ky_Bred_Cat
I look for him to have an Andrew Wiggins type of career.
Do you mean that as a good or bad thing?

Because things are now going great for Wiggins. He’s an All-Star, is on the verge of winning a championship, and is still quite young. I’d think Sharpe would be quite pleased with your expectation.

Hope this kid fails
I thought about giving your post a "like", because something in me agrees but then again, I honestly don't want to see him fail but I would rather just say that I hope he gets what he "deserves" and leave it at that.

Imagine Michael Jordan wanting to hide. The man would score 30+ in preseason games. Any guy who tries to be hidden from actual gameplay is a huge red flag. That's a guy with a mindset of trying to fleece your team on 'potential.'

A guy who was too scared to play against Vanderbilt and Ole Miss somehow wants you to be convinced he's the guy to play against the Bucks, Celtics, Suns, and everyone else in the NBA? Yeah, okay.

Last edited:
Call me a bad person but I hope he slides way down the boards and bust. Pro sports are a privilege and you get paid mega money to play a game for entertainment. He’ll still make more money on 1 contract than most can dream of but his camp is full of people that need a reality check. Guilty by association until he cuts ties w them. Similar to the Daddy Ball and Lonzo situation where ppl hoped he bust.

I just finished listening to today's KSR podcast onceI heard about the Wagner news. I like the podcast because you can skip through their bullshit topics and get to the pertinent sports news, or read the preview of it and know if its not worth listening to at all because it's lets talk about the Bachelor and Twizzlers. Lmao

Anyway, I didn't realize that Sharpe hasnt played a game since his junior year, and isn't doing workouts at the combine either in addition to his chicanery here last season. What a joke this kid is.

Some guy called in (Mike maybe?) And made some great points but of course Matt wanted to talk over him and eventually hung up on him. Hilarious how Matt continually harped on. "Well you have to let Sharpe announce as Kentucky at the draft. He's such good friends with Wagner and it might affect him coming here." Well...10 minutes later we hear Milt is hired by UofL. But hey, we can't let Cal be hamstrung by recruit, amirite?

What a complete joke and a farce this entire thing has been. I understand you can't throw the kid under the bus if you're Cal, but we're fans. We're not gonna sit here and rah-rah this obvious and flagrant bullshit. Put your hand in the air if you said this from the getgo only to be shouteddown by the usual pumpers. ::raiseshand::

Reactions: RunninRichie
What exactly do you mean by that? Dude is playing stellar ball right now.

I mean he didn’t live up to his #1 billing. He’s on Golden State for crying out loud, it’s not like he’s carrying the Rockets or whatever other bad team you want to name to a ship.

Do you mean that as a good or bad thing?

Because things are now going great for Wiggins. He’s an All-Star, is on the verge of winning a championship, and is still quite young. I’d think Sharpe would be quite pleased with your expectation.
Not a bad thing but he definitely hasn’t lived up to the #1 pick. He’s on Golden State, he’s barely the 3rd option there.

Wiggins signed a 5 year almost $148 million dollar contract in in 2018/19 I believe so he is doing very well- now that he is on a good team and not on the Timberwolves he is playing better so if Sharpe reaches Wiggins status I think he and his handlers would be very happy IMO

He can sign the biggest contract in history but it won’t change the fact that he hasn’t lived up to the hype of the #1 pick.

I respectfully disagree. Yes, I'm a newbie here and my opinions may differ from yours, but that does NOT make me a troll. Additionally, I have NEVER resorted to name-calling or labeling of others. Can you make the same claim?
Ok guy, relax. You’ve seen how the board treats new people. Just mix it up and offer the occasional contrarian opinion if you’d like, but be prepared for the backlash either way. Have fun, that’s what this is supposed to be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT