ADVERTISEMENT

Scottie on Michael

Kinda out of context a bit but he’s still so jealous that MJ was the best player then and forever. LeBron is a top 5 player ever no doubt. Stats aren’t everything though. If Bird would have played 20 seasons he would have had monster numbers too. MJ’s has the scoring average that nobody has approached for a career.

This has more to do with MJ's son taking Pippen's ex wife to pound town than anything basketball related.
Pippen is a bitter old man though. He is generally regarded as one of if not the best #2 ever. Still a top 50 all time player, 6 time champion, and all his individual awards and that doesn’t seem to be good enough for him.

He acts like a jilted lover or something. SO bitter & jealous. And, yeah I’m sure the ex-wife being with MJ’s son is really weird for him. But, he should just keep his mouth shut when it comes to MJ. But, he can’t. He should be thanking God he got to play with him & win 6 rings that he would’ve, otherwise, never seen.

I’m a lifelong Hawks fan & I’ve always hated MJ bc ATL couldn’t beat him. Plus, I hate UNC like no other & didn’t like him there, either. So, I have zero love for the guy. But, he’s the best I’ve seen & he’s in a different class than LBJ, IMO.

Pippen knows this better than anybody & saw MJ enter beast mode, firsthand, for every playoff game, while LBJ defers, shrinks, flops & requires a super team to get to the Finals. The fact that Pippen, seemingly, goes out of his way to deny it is a petty & pathetic look. But, he’s always been a jealous, bitter POS as he proved in a PLAYOFF game in 1994 when he refused to come out of the huddle with a cpl seconds left bc the last shot was drawn up for Kukoc instead of him.

Last edited:
He is correct in saying LeBron is the greatest player of all time.
7 for 7 in title series/games. It’s not even a contest between the two. Lebron is an all time top player but Jordan was drafted 3rd and then led that franchise to 6 titles. He didn’t pick and choose where to play and who to play with. Lebron will never be in the conversation because of that

He is correct in saying LeBron is the greatest player of all time.

Only he didn't say that. He said LeBron has the best statistical numbers and it wasn't up for debate. He followed that by rhetorically asking if that made him (LeBron) the greatest player of all time and he said he'd leave that for debate.

Why do people have so much trouble understanding what they read and/or hear ??

Yep, that has to be the case because in previous interviews Pippin has applauded Jordan as being the best player ever and even has said LeBron is no MJ. So a very bizarre statement to say the least
This has more to do with MJ's son taking Pippen's ex wife to pound town than anything basketball related.
She is a Hammer! I wouldn’t mind throwing my Hat in the ring for some pound town. I would call Scottie after and posts some pictures. 😝

I heard that but never understood what he was mad about? Thought he was portrayed great, and tbh I completely forgot about the crippling back injury in that final game.
Nor I Ron. It also is hard when players have to watch reality and can't run from it. He pulled that BS stunt in the Knicks Series in '94. He did that. So...I mean do you want it ignored? You want them to pretend it didn't happen? He had "back spasms" and "migraines" too. It is what it is. He was part of a great run and should embrace it and that he helped the greatest player of his generation and arguably ever win 6 championships.

7 for 7 in title series/games. It’s not even a contest between the two. Lebron is an all time top player but Jordan was drafted 3rd and then led that franchise to 6 titles. He didn’t pick and choose where to play and who to play with. Lebron will never be in the conversation because of that
I don’t think Jordan could have taken the 2007 Cavaliers to the Finals and that is the difference for me. Jordan had a tremendous advantage with better coaching and team management.
LeBron could not have been drafted by a more inept NBA franchise than the Cavaliers.

This would have relevance, IF Jordan’s son wasn’t eating his ex wife’s culo every night..nothing to see here

• Haha
Reactions: kyjeff1
He acts like a jilted lover or something. SO bitter & jealous. And, yeah I’m sure the ex-wife being with MJ’s son is really weird for him. But, he should just keep his mouth shut when it comes to MJ. But, he can’t. He should be thanking God he got to play with him & win 6 rings that he would’ve, otherwise, never seen.

I’m a lifelong Hawks fan & I’ve always hated MJ bc ATL couldn’t beat him. Plus, I hate UNC like no other & didn’t like him there, either. So, I have zero love for the guy. But, he’s the best I’ve seen & he’s in a different class than LBJ, IMO.

Pippen knows this better than anybody & saw MJ enter beast mode, firsthand, for every playoff game, while LBJ defers, shrinks, flops & requires a super team to get to the Finals. The fact that Pippen, seemingly, goes out of his way to deny it is a petty & pathetic look. But, he’s always been a jealous, bitter POS as he proved in a PLAYOFF game in 1994 when he refused to come out of the huddle with a cpl seconds left bc the last shot was drawn up for Kukoc instead of him.
Jordan should thank God as well for getting to play with Pippen they both needed one another to accomplish what they did.

I wouldn’t burn him for that opinion, but IMHO he’s probably 4 or 3. Definitely top 5 but a lot of it is personal preference. His propensity to leave to a super team kinda hurts his greatness IMO.
That team was no more of a super team than the bulls were in the 90's. Bosh could barely hold his own during that stretch down there.

I think there's far more "really good" players in today's game than ever before. The skill level today is insane when you stop and look. Steph and dame pulling up from inside half court just to be able to get an open shot....
I think everyone puts mj at 1 because he was the greatest during the rise of the NBA. Being on TV for the first time, ESPN was starting to be huge... And for many of us, he was the top plsyer of our whole childhood. He was unreal... But it took him years to be able to get past Detroit and that is never mentioned

Reactions: Zissou87
He only made it 7 times.... With one of the greatest complete teams and coach in the history.

I still think MJ is #1 but is paper thin .

Reactions: Zissou87
That team was no more of a super team than the bulls were in the 90's. Bosh could barely hold his own during that stretch down there.

I think there's far more "really good" players in today's game than ever before. The skill level today is insane when you stop and look. Steph and dame pulling up from inside half court just to be able to get an open shot....
I think everyone puts mj at 1 because he was the greatest during the rise of the NBA. Being on TV for the first time, ESPN was starting to be huge... And for many of us, he was the top plsyer of our whole childhood. He was unreal... But it took him years to be able to get past Detroit and that is never mentioned
The Bulls drafted most of that team, Jordan didn’t leave Franchises multiple times seeking to sign 2 All-NBA players with him each time. He was the best because he was that good. I mean just watch his highlights and documentaries. I watched every Bulls game and he would have dominated even more today. LeBron has the benefit of little Palming and traveling being called. Also he can’t be hand checked and played really physical like Jordan could. The offensive player has all the advantage today.

Wasn’t he just talking about Michael before he got there? They became a team and then started winning. That’s true. Michael didn’t win anything without Scottie.

Reactions: ruppcat
The Bulls drafted most of that team, Jordan didn’t leave Franchises multiple times seeking to sign 2 All-NBA players with him each time. He was the best because he was that good. I mean just watch his highlights and documentaries. I watched every Bulls game and he would have dominated even more today. LeBron has the benefit of little Palming and traveling being called. Also he can’t be hand checked and played really physical like Jordan could. The offensive player has all the advantage today.
Also, I can't recall MJ ever flopping and continually whining to the officials. MJ never had the attitude that it was all about him like LeBron does. Narcissists are easy to dislike.

He only made it 7 times.... With one of the greatest complete teams and coach in the history.

I still think MJ is #1 but is paper thin .
Building a dynasty from scratch is no small feat. Complete team? Idk about that I mean the likes of luc Longley will Purdue Steve Kerr weren’t exactly world beaters. Good role players. Jordan’s strength as a player was a massive opening for pippen another player made through the draft. What Oakley and Rodman were the guys they had to bring in? The titles were on mjs back. The greatest playoff performances by a single player in nba history.

Phil too at the time what were his accomplishments? No the fact is Michael Jordan more than any athlete in modern history except Tom Brady Jordan made everyone top to bottom in the organization better. Lebron doesn’t have that effect imo at all.

Wasn’t he just talking about Michael before he got there? They became a team and then started winning. That’s true. Michael didn’t win anything without Scottie.
Well, to be fair, MJ only played like 2 seasons I believe before Pippen. I can't remember what year he had the foot injury.

That kind of happens when you stay to build a franchise and don’t run off to play with others stars already established in teams.

Say what you want about Bosh but he is Hall of Famer & 11X All-Star with 6 of those coming in Miami. The Bulls weren’t close to a super team. They just had Superman. People romanticize Rodman’s 3 years but he never averaged over 7 points in Chicago and his best rebounding year with the Bulls barely cracked his 5th best season ever. Not to mention he only played 55 games that season.

How were the bulls a super team? Before Jordan came back for the last 17 games of the 95 season they were 34-31 and on track to be the 7th seed in in the East. When Jordan returned AFTER NOT PLAYING FOR 2 YEARS they went 13-4 and climbed to the 5 seed. I mean that’s ridiculous when you think about it. It was a very mediocre team without Jordan I mean come on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT