ADVERTISEMENT

Scottie on Michael

Jordan bitched on the court as much as anyone (even though he got a favorable whistle, to say the least) was an absolute prick to his teammates, and treated the GM who built two different title teams around him like absolute shit. Love or hate Lebron, this revisionist history surrounding Jordan is ridiculous. I still think he’s the best ever, but he had plenty of warts.

Last edited:
Look, I am all for you having the opinion that MJ wouldn't have won a championship without Scottie. It can't be proven one way or the other, but it is certainly cool to have that opinion.

However, to say Pippen made MJ who he was is downright ignorant. MJ was one of the best players in the league before Pippen was drafted. Pippen patterned his entire game after Jordan, offensively and defensively. Jordan made Pippen who he was. Anybody who covered the Bulls will tell you that. And that is not even a debate. There is a reason Scottie had MJ present him at his Hall of Fame induction.

“When they speak Michael Jordan, they should speak Scottie Pippen.” -Michael Jordan

He didn’t have an elite supporting cast. At least nowhere near as elite as LBJ’s. Pippen was an All-NBA player. But, who else? Horace Grant was a very good role player. Same with Kukoc. They got Rodman toward the end of MJ’s run, but, he was only elite on the glass & defensively. He was never a TOP player in the league. Ron Harper? Kerr, Paxson, Armstrong, Stacey King, Bill Cartwright, Will Perdue, Craig Hodges, Cliff Levingston?!

It was basically MJ, Pippen & a bunch of role players for his first 3 championships. Then, they added Rodman & Kukoc for the last 3, which was a better roster than 91-93, but, still nowhere near the level of LBJ’s Finals teams. MJ was swept bc he missed nearly all of one season, but, mostly bc the Celtics were still an all-time great team when he broke in & the Bulls were AWFUL when he got there. Plus, MJ had only played 3 seasons at that point & was still a young player. Just getting them to the playoffs at that stage was a major accomplishment.

Since you claim Lebron had an elite supporting cast, let hear it? Don’t even say Bosh and Wade. Bosh was average in Miami and Kukoc had very similar numbers so they cancel each other out. Wade and Pippen cancel each other out.

So please elaborate on what elite supporting cast Lebron had that was so much better than MJs supporting cast????

I’m sure this will be one I hear 🦗 on because it involves actual knowledge and not just “6 rings, MJ is goat.” 😂

He played 40 and 50 games. Bosh was a decent player he just wasn't a damn superstar like some act. That's all I'm saying.

For example.... Do you think Herro or Maxey this season should be considered great enough to make their teams a "super team"? Both players are really good and probably better than what Bosh was at Miami. They both avg over 20 this year for a whole season n Bosh avg 16 his last full season playing with lebron n Wade
But in both seasons was on pace with his former numbers before LBJ. You can look at the scoring leaders. There were less guys scoring at that rate of todays players. 21ppg lands you in the top 12 the following year after LBJ left. Bosh wasn’t a superstar but he was a Star when he came to Miami. He had just averaged 24 & 10. His production suffered because he was pulled away from the basket and turned into a spot up shooter to play with Lebron. His shooting numbers were as good and even better than his other years while he was in Miami. But he played 5-7 less minutes per game and moving out of the paint got him half as many free throw attempts. Its the LBJ effect on bigs.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
Since you claim Lebron had an elite supporting cast, let hear it? Don’t even say Bosh and Wade. Bosh was average in Miami and Kukoc had very similar numbers so they cancel each other out. Wade and Pippen cancel each other out.

So please elaborate on what elite supporting cast Lebron had that was so much better than MJs supporting cast????

I’m sure this will be one I hear 🦗 on because it involves actual knowledge and not just “6 rings, MJ is goat.” 😂
Lmao. You refer to “knowledge” & then claim that Kukoc & Bosh had similar stats. Kukoc averaged 12/4/4 for his career, 13/4/4 while playing with MJ 😂. Not even close to Toronto Bosh, who nearly doubled Kukoc’s points & rebounds career averages, while going for 22/10/3 there & averaged at least 21 ppg in 6 different seasons while Kukoc exceeded 13 ppg only 3 times in his career with a high of 18.8 in 1999 after MJ was gone. That’s the only season he averaged over 15 ppg in his career & he couldn’t even average 5 rebounds per game at 6-10. Bosh’s overall career averages were 19/9/2/1/1.

Bosh’s numbers went down a little in Miami (18/7/2/1/1) bc he shared the court with LBJ & Wade, but, still clearly better than Kukoc. And, then he had the blood clot issues, which is pretty legit. Don’t call out ppl with ignorant nonsense when you don’t know wtf you’re talking about. Try doing some actual research & come back with something that is worth replying to.

Last edited:
I don't remember Kokoc being that good. He had good skills for a 6-10 guard but I remember him being a bit soft.

Lmao. You refer to “knowledge” & then claim that Kukoc & Bosh had similar stats. Kukoc averaged 12/4/4 for his career, 13/4/4 while playing with MJ 😂. Not even close to Toronto Bosh, who nearly doubled Kukoc’s points & rebounds career averages, while going for 22/10/3 there & averaged at least 21 ppg in 6 different seasons while Kukoc exceeded 13 ppg only 3 times in his career with a high of 18.8 in 1999 after MJ was gone. That’s the only season he averaged over 15 ppg in his career & he couldn’t even average 5 rebounds per game at 6-10. Bosh’s overall career averages were 19/9/2/1/1.

Bosh’s numbers went down a little in Miami (18/7/2/1/1) bc he shared the court with LBJ & Wade, but, still clearly better than Kukoc. And, then he had the blood clot issues, which is pretty legit. Don’t call out ppl with ignorant nonsense when you don’t know wtf you’re talking about. Try doing some actual research & come back with something that is worth replying to.

Oh you get to use the numbers Bosh had in Toronto so it appears like he produced like that in Miami? Gotcha.

Bosh average 17 and 6 with Miami and kukoc averaged 13 and 4 and that’s similar. Especially when MJ was shooting the amount of shots he did. Not as many shots to go around on a MJ team compared to a LBJ team.

How many different averages you gonna use to try to make Bosh appear to be better?? 😂 Career averages and Toronto averages are irrelevant but it makes your argument sound better.. 😂

He failed until Pippen came along. He won zero without Pippen. Fact check that.
Yes, but you can’t extrapolate that into “he would never win a title otherwise.” Correlation/causation.

I have this rock. It keeps away tigers. I’ve never been attacked by a tiger, therefore this rock works.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
Oh you get to use the numbers Bosh had in Toronto so it appears like he produced like that in Miami? Gotcha.

Bosh average 17 and 6 with Miami and kukoc averaged 13 and 4 and that’s similar. Especially when MJ was shooting the amount of shots he did. Not as many shots to go around on a MJ team compared to a LBJ team.
Bosh averaged 18/7 in Miami. And, yes his Toronto numbers matter bc he was one of the better players in the league & an annual 20/10 player there when LBJ recruited him to Miami. Kukoc never approached those numbers with or without MJ. He was a much better defensive player than Kukoc, too.

But, to me, the even bigger takeaway than supporting casts is the way MJ & LBJ went about their business. LBJ jumped from team to team, handpicking two All-NBA type players & a lot of his teams had very effective veterans & elite role players who took pay cuts to join & chase rings.

MJ didn’t do that. His teams were built thru the draft & all of his championships were won with the Bulls. Yeah, they brought in Rodman & Kukoc, but, neither guy was ever considered a top player in the league. Point is, MJ didn’t throw up his hands in 1990 & go to Detroit or try to lure Barkley & Ewing, for example, to Chicago. LBJ has looked for the easy way to championships for most of his career & still failed more often than not.

The 2007 season was impressive. If he had more Finals appearances with those types of teams ppl wouldn’t give him so much shit. And, FTR, I can’t stand MJ or the Bulls, either. I think the Lakers & Celtics of the 80s would’ve wiped the floor with MJ’s Bulls. I have no dog in that fight & just call it like I see it.

One guy was 6-0 in Finals, won Finals MVP each time & never even saw a game 7. The other has lost 6/10 Finals with ELITE, handpicked teammates & has a tendency to shrink & defer in big situations. Obviously, LBJ is still a top 5-10 player all-time. He’s just not as good as MJ no matter how badly he wants it to be true.

Yes, but you can’t extrapolate that into “he would never win a title otherwise.” Correlation/causation.

I have this rock. It keeps away tigers. I’ve never been attacked by a tiger, therefore this rock works.

Did he win in the years he played without Pippen?? No. Therefore, I think it’s a true statement. If he didn’t play at all without Pippen then saying he couldn’t win without Pippen wouldn’t be a fair statement. But he did and he didn’t. 😁

Did he win in the years he played without Pippen?? No. Therefore, I think it’s a true statement. If he didn’t play at all without Pippen then saying he couldn’t win without Pippen wouldn’t be a fair statement. But he did and he didn’t. 😁

It’s a true statement but it doesn’t mean anything.

I believe the Bulls winning the title staved off an alien invasion from the planet Zircon-B. You can’t show any evidence otherwise!!!

Same weight to your claim and mine.

Bosh averaged 18/7 in Miami. And, yes his Toronto numbers matter bc he was one of the better players in the league & an annual 20/10 player there when LBJ recruited him to Miami. Kukoc never approached those numbers with or without MJ. He was a much better defensive player than Kukoc, too.

But, to me, the even bigger takeaway than supporting casts is the way MJ & LBJ went about their business. LBJ jumped from team to team, handpicking two All-NBA type players & a lot of his teams had very effective veterans & elite role players who took pay cuts to join & chase rings.

MJ didn’t do that. His teams were built thru the draft & all of his championships were won with the Bulls. Yeah, they brought in Rodman & Kukoc, but, neither guy was ever considered a top player in the league. Point is, MJ didn’t throw up his hands in 1990 & go to Detroit or try to lure Barkley & Ewing, for example, to Chicago. LBJ has looked for the easy way to championships for most of his career & still failed more often than not.

The 2007 season was impressive. If he had more Finals appearances with those types of teams ppl wouldn’t give him so much shit. And, FTR, I can’t stand MJ or the Bulls, either. I think the Lakers & Celtics of the 80s would’ve wiped the floor with MJ’s Bulls. I have no dog in that fight & just call it like I see it.

One guy was 6-0 in Finals, won Finals MVP each time & never even saw a game 7. The other has lost 6/10 Finals with ELITE, handpicked teammates & has a tendency to shrink & defer in big situations. Obviously, LBJ is still a top 5-10 player all-time. He’s just not as good as MJ no matter how badly he wants it to be true.

MJ had a Hall of Fame coach his whole career, LBJ never played for 1. Not a single one. The Bulls built around MJ, the Cavs did not build around LBJ, thus the reason he went to a different team. This is common sense in which you should know but MJ’s nuts are blocking your ability to see that.

Yeah, that had nothing to do with the fact that Chicago was AWFUL when MJ was drafted & that the East was still loaded from 84-87 with all-time great Celtics teams & the Pistons, among others. Plus, MJ had only played 3 full seasons before Pippen was drafted. How many players do you see, basically, single handedly leading teams to NBA championships within their first 3-4 years? Especially in that era. That’s just a ridiculous reach to try to use that against MJ.

This is a topic like politics, you aren't changing anyone's mind lol. I love Jordan but that was a different time in the game and it's pointless to speculate who would have done what..
Strictly basketball speaking, and leaving will out, I'm not sure there's anything Jordan could do that Lebron couldn't. However I do believe Lebron could do some things Jordan couldn't. Jordans intangibles is what puts him at the top
You are right about that, LeBron can lose a finals series. Jordan couldn’t do that.

Yeah, that had nothing to do with the fact that Chicago was AWFUL when MJ was drafted & that the East was still loaded from 84-87 with all-time great Celtics teams & the Pistons, among others. Plus, MJ had only played 3 full seasons before Pippen was drafted. How many players do you see, basically, single handedly leading teams to NBA championships within their first 3-4 years? Especially in that era. That’s just a ridiculous reach to try to use that against MJ.

MJ was 24 years old when the Bulls drafted Pippen so it’s not like he was a 18,19 or 20 year old doing any of that.

You think the Cavs were world beaters when they drafted LBJ?

MJ had a Hall of Fame coach his whole career, LBJ never played for 1. Not a single one. The Bulls built around MJ, the Cavs did not build around LBJ, thus the reason he went to a different team. This is common sense in which you should know but MJ’s nuts are blocking your ability to see that.
Yeah, the same MJ that I said I’ve always despised going back to UNC & the same Bulls’ teams that I said would get ran off the floor by the 80s Celtics & Lakers. Idgaf about MJ. But, he was better than LBJ.

Reactions: Fox2monk
What exactly did I lose??? 😂 You think it was a competition? You started to talk about aliens in a basketball convo but you say logic wins? Sure, bud. Sure. 😂

Because the logic behind your “argument” is just as flawed as my alien statement.

Hell, I’m inclined to sort of agree with you. I think Jordan loses to the sonics and maybe one other time during that run without pippen.

But the claim “you have no evidence to prove this negative” is asinine and deserves to be called out. Call it your opinion, sure. But when you try to frame it as an absolute, you have failed.

Yeah, the same MJ that I said I’ve always despised going back to UNC & the same Bulls’ teams that I said would get ran off the floor by the 80s Celtics & Lakers. Idgaf about MJ. But, he was better than LBJ.

Better scorer is all. The rest LBJ is better and it’s not close. And that LBJ feller isn’t too bad at scoring if ya haven’t saw the all time records lately.

MJ was 24 years old when the Bulls drafted Pippen so it’s not like he was a 18,19 or 20 year old doing any of that.

You think the Cavs were world beaters when they drafted LBJ?
No & I said that 2007 run was impressive. But, I wouldn’t have expected him to win a championship by himself, essentially, at that stage & wouldn’t hold that one against him.

Because the logic behind your “argument” is just as flawed as my alien statement.

Hell, I’m inclined to sort of agree with you. I think Jordan loses to the sonics and maybe one other time during that run without pippen.

But the claim “you have no evidence to prove this negative” is asinine and deserves to be called out. Call it your opinion, sure. But when you try to frame it as an absolute, you have failed.

Go play with your aliens and leave basketball to people with knowledge. You say a lot of words but nothing of significance or relatable to the convo.

You may need to take a basic logic class before speaking again.

The reply I expected. You could have proved me wrong with something of significance other than aliens. I tried to end the convo to save your embarrassment but you thought you won an imaginary game you created with our convo.

The reply I expected. You could have proved me wrong with something of significance other than aliens. I tried to end the convo to save your embarrassment but you thought you won an imaginary game you created with our convo.
Again, basic logic. You asked for impossible evidence to prove a negative. Argument invalid. Next.

Again, basic logic. You asked for impossible evidence to prove a negative. Argument invalid. Next.

There’s proof he couldn’t because he played without Pippen and didn’t. How is that so hard to understand? 😂 I don’t know how that’s so hard to understand. Are you 12?

There’s proof he couldn’t because he played without Pippen and didn’t. How is that so hard to understand? 😂 I don’t know how that’s so hard to understand. Are you 12?

Again, it can be your opinion all day, have at it. But you can’t prove he wouldn’t have won without pippen, asking for evidence that can’t be provided. It’s like asking “when are you going to stop beating your wife?”

Feel free to have the opinion, don’t feel free to inquire about evidence that cannot exist.

Again, it can be your opinion all day, have at it. But you can’t prove he wouldn’t have won without pippen, asking for evidence that can’t be provided. It’s like asking “when are you going to stop beating your wife?”

Feel free to have the opinion, don’t feel free to inquire about evidence that cannot exist.

It’s not an opinion, I have evidence to back it up. You don’t. You can’t say he could have won without Pippen when he had opportunities and failed each time.

It’s not an opinion, I have evidence to back it up. You don’t. You can’t say he could have won without Pippen when he had opportunities and failed each time.

Jordan doesn’t win those last 3 titles without luc longley. He was there, so obviously correlation = causation

Another noteworthy thing to keep in mind. Michael Jordan was Eliminated 6 consecutive times from the NBA playoffs, including 3 consecutive times in the first round. Lebron has never lost in the first round and he’s been to the playoffs more years than Jordan played.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT