ADVERTISEMENT

Sometimes I think THIS is What We're Missing

Tampa_cat54

Senior
Apr 22, 2011
Literally at the 1 second mark- the first few seconds of the video.

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist in the silver jerseys, just pure HEART, PRIDE, letting the opponent know right to their face, I am BEATING YOU DOWN today.

Would love one of our guys to go nose to nose with someone tonight, talk $hit to their face, set the tone that we're Kentucky Basketball and we don't back down...ever.

Or this.

demarcus-cousins.jpg

Basically what you're saying is that this team is too soft.

I would agree.
Gotta be physical in the league. First thing Jack Givens said after the loss at USC. And you can bet UT is going to be as physical as the refs allow today.

Edwards should be that guy physically but he just doesn’t have that mentality and personality.

Less and less of those types coming out of HS and the ASU system now. Kids are different and coming up in the social media star and NIL era has created an environment where they are all coddled and not pushed until they hit a college campus. The AAU model is broken as well where they are playing games 5 days a week with only 1 or even 0 practices.

Then you have the Cal dynamic where leadership sets tone. Cal isn’t the same fighter, “refuse to lose”, coach he use to be either from a personality and fire standpoint. When you downplay every loss and over emphasize only caring about their future careers and not the individual games and play the victim by having these little feuds with local radio and the fanbase like they are irrational for pointing out how mediocre we’ve been since 2017….it creates this weak mentality culture within the program. Cal is a long way from the guy getting in press conference scuffles and calling TJones a selfish MFer. He would have coddled TJones today and let him sit out a few games for hurt feelings etc

High school players that are described in this thread do not make many AAU teams and they sure aren't in the top fifty. I just don't understand that these coaches keep falling for the same thing when it comes to the rankings. I guess it's mostly laziness.

Edwards could play bully ball and get to the basket more. I do see a mean streak in Ivisic and Ugo could be a Mutumbo-like enforcer. It’s possible

Literally at the 1 second mark- the first few seconds of the video.

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist in the silver jerseys, just pure HEART, PRIDE, letting the opponent know right to their face, I am BEATING YOU DOWN today.

Would love one of our guys to go nose to nose with someone tonight, talk $hit to their face, set the tone that we're Kentucky Basketball and we don't back down...ever.

If Cal would play Big Z, I'd say he is the guy who'd do it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT