ADVERTISEMENT

Scottie Lewis and something to keep an eye on.

A fab base that can't count (at least when it comes to titles) is questioning someone's accuracy? LOL!

Fwiw, visit went ok. Cal having a tough time selling the family, who is enamored with Florida and staff.
Klatsky was along durimg visit.
As for timeline, Lewis deciding on scheduled St. John’s visit.

Well, with Satanic Roy dangling no classes in his face, I sure hope Bacot sees the Light.

Fwiw, visit went ok. Cal having a tough time selling the family, who is enamored with Florida and staff.

Florida needs walled off from the country.. You can have him, Kentucky has two committed that is better and another that can play with any wing in the country. Understand that Florida got Nembhardt and Mann, but do not know where this theory comes from that White can develop guards so well.. Who has he put in the NBA? Jalen Hudson is Florida's best player and he would be 3rd or 4th option best on this Kentucky team.. Just do not get all the White love..

Florida needs walled off from the country.. You can have him, Kentucky has two committed that is better and another that can play with any wing in the country. Understand that Florida got Nembhardt and Mann, but do not know where this theory comes from that White can develop guards so well.. Who has he put in the NBA? Jalen Hudson is Florida's best player and he would be 3rd or 4th option best on this Kentucky team.. Just do not get all the White love..

I think the guy is really solid. His reputation with guards originated from his time at ole miss as an assistant. His role was w/ the guards- and he did a really nice job with guys like Chris Warren, Abernathy and Terrico White.
I don’t recall all of the names, but he had some conference POY kids at la tech who were guards - speedy Smith was definitely one.
And Chiozza turned into a way better player than i would have expected- and recently got a contract w/ Wizards, I think?
So I think he has earned his reputation.
And I think he is 3-3 against Cal with what you suggest is inferior talent.
I do think he is still very green and I disagree when I see his name on our regular “who would replace Cal” threads.
But the guy is good, IMO.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
I think the guy is really solid. His reputation with guards originated from his time at ole miss as an assistant. His role was w/ the guards- and he did a really nice job with guys like Chris Warren, Abernathy and Terrico White.
I don’t recall all of the names, but he had some conference POY kids at la tech who were guards - speedy Smith was definitely one.
And Chiozza turned into a way better player than i would have expected- and recently got a contract w/ Wizards, I think?
I do think he is still very green and I disagree when I see his name on our regular “who would replace Cal” threads.

It was a hard act replacing Donovan, but I think White is solid and about as good a coach as the Florida fan base could hope for.

Reactions: jrpross
You seem to know everything about this recruitment. Why not share it all with our board. Are you BD?

Fwiw, visit went great. Cal has sold the family, who is enamored with UK now and staff.
Klatsky told Lewis that he should go to UK. I apologize for the misinformation. I Love Cal and all things UK.

Dude thanks for the info your usually negative. Great to hear this news.

He reminds me of a Monk Lamb combo, Lonk or a Mamb lolz! If we add him and get 2-3 of the Bigs we want to go along with few returning players eeeeeww lalala CaT Crunch!!

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Florida seem to think that the visit was more than "ok" for them to visit the kid again after UK's visit.

It was a visit where they had crap running down there legs in fear.

UK clearly has more to sell. Florida selling weather & Billy Donovan used to coach here.

I wonder if SGA regrets decommitting & coming to UK?

I'm sure he would've still been a lottery pick at Florida though. [winking]

I never said he had inferior talent, just had better players than Lewis already on board and he does with Whitney and Maxey. I know White's record against Cal, but i guess it really comes down does Lewis wanna be in the NBA after one season playing under Cal or does he wanna play multiple seasons under your green (developer of gaurds) coach.. We will see i guess.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
I never said he had inferior talent, just had better players than Lewis already on board and he does with Whitney and Maxey. I know White's record against Cal, but i guess it really comes down does Lewis wanna be in the NBA after one season playing under Cal or does he wanna play multiple seasons under your green (developer of gaurds) coach.. We will see i guess.

I was responding to the following portion of your post. And it’s not a sentiment I disagree with...

“Jalen Hudson is Florida's best player and he would be 3rd or 4th option best on this Kentucky team.. Just do not get all the White love.“

Also, he is not “my coach”.

Reactions: 1991greywildcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT