ADVERTISEMENT

Scottie Lewis and something to keep an eye on.

gocats44

Junior
Gold Member
Feb 10, 2003
Dallas, TX
Evan Daniels who barely ever makes an incorrect prediction had Crystal Balled Lewis to Florida last week. Usually that means its going to happen. If you read Ben Roberts article today Corey Evans mentioned that he felt like if Lewis does make his trip to UK that we have a decent shot. It seems like we are Florida's only competition. Well, Evan Daniels just changed his pick to foggy. Could be trending our way if the visit happens and goes well.

I'd be surprised if he came here. Better fit at Florida, but stranger things have happened.

I'd be surprised if he came here. Better fit at Florida, but stranger things have happened.

That isn't exactly going out on a limb. Florida has been the favorite for months. The fact Daniels changed his CB is very indicative. He doesn't do that often. I think if the visit goes well we will start to see picks going our way. Scottie is going to want to know how he fits with Whitney and Maxey.

That isn't exactly going out on a limb. Florida has been the favorite for months. The fact Daniels changed his CB is very indicative. He doesn't do that often. I think if the visit goes well we will start to see picks going our way. Scottie is going to want to know how he fits with Whitney and Maxey.

When did Daniels become a reliable in his predictions? On phog, he's ridiculed for his inaccuracies.

The story about Lewis being talked out of the trip to Ireland with Igiehon by the UK staff has always added some intrigue to this recruitment. I still think Florida but this weekend could change that

Does Lewis shoot it good enough to be a 2 guard with Maxey playing the point? That would be a nightmare defensive team at the 1, 2, and 3.

Obviously there's room for Lewis, Brooks, Tshiebwe, Carey, and more. UK will probably return 2 guys and has 3 lined up. Not sure if Baker/Allen will be rotational next year, so right now UK could land the four aforementioned studs (or something like that), bring back Green, add Whitney/Maxey and have a helluva 7 man rotation with Baker/Allen spelling guys when needed.

PG - Maxey - Green
SG - Green - Lewis - Baker
SF - Whitney - Lewis - Allen
PF - Brooks - Whitney
C - Carey - Tschiebwe

Obviously there's room for Lewis, Brooks, Tshiebwe, Carey, and more. UK will probably return 2 guys and has 3 lined up. Not sure if Baker/Allen will be rotational next year, so right now UK could land the four aforementioned studs (or something like that), bring back Green, add Whitney/Maxey and have a helluva 7 man rotation with Baker/Allen spelling guys when needed.

PG - Maxey - Green
SG - Green - Lewis - Baker
SF - Whitney - Lewis - Allen
PF - Brooks - Whitney
C - Carey - Tschiebwe

I don't see Green coming back next year. If he does not make the NBA is see him going overseas and playing ball.

I don't expect anyone but Baker to come back. Heck, he might take off as well, we haven't seen him play in a game yet and don't know if he is good or not. If Cal recruited him, he has pro potential, though, that is for sure.

I am just expecting an entire new roster next season.

If we sign Lewis, then we are likely looking at Maxey at PG, Lewis at SG, and Whitney at SF. Not too shabby.

Throw in Baker and Allen off the bench and the 1-3 looks pretty good.

Just need to get four bigs out of Wiseman, Carey, Hurt, McDaniels, Stewart, Tshiebwe, Igiehon, Brooks, Cockburn, and Nnaji.

Last edited:
I don't expect anyone but Baker to come back. Heck, he might take off as well, we haven't seen him play in a game yet and don't know if he is good or not. If Cal recruited him, he has pro potential, though, that is for sure.

I am just expecting an entire new roster next season.

If we sign Lewis, then we are likely looking at Maxey at PG, Lewis at SG, and Whitney at SF. Not too shabby.

Throw in Baker and Allen off the bench and the 1-3 looks pretty good.

Just need to get four bigs out of Wiseman, Carey, Hurt, McDaniels, Stewart, Tshiebwe, Igiehon, Brooks, and Cockburn.

We'll get our bigs. This time last year, Montgomery and Travis weren't even on our fans' radar. UK is presently looking at at least 10 guys who can play the 4 or 5 spots - the nine you listed, plus Nnaji.

I'm sure 2 or 3 more will emerge in the spring as well.

We've already locked up the heart and soul of the next class in Maxey/Whitney, and last year we didn't even have one single commitment until late September (Quickley). All that said, not only will UK eat, but it's going to be another buffet-style meal with $100 steaks for those at the front of the line.

We'll get our bigs. This time last year, Montgomery and Travis weren't even on our fans' radar. UK is presently looking at at least 10 guys who can play the 4 or 5 spots - the nine you listed, plus Nnaji.

I'm sure 2 or 3 more will emerge in the spring as well.

We've already locked up the heart and soul of the next class in Maxey/Whitney, and last year we didn't even have one single commitment until late September (Quickley). All that said, not only will UK eat, but it's going to be another buffet-style meal with $100 steaks for those at the front of the line.

Forgot about Nnaji. I'll add him to the list.

Scottie needs to make the business decision here.

Get Shai to talk to him about the Kentucky effect.

I don't see Green coming back next year. If he does not make the NBA is see him going overseas and playing ball.

Agreed. Could see Hagans back though.

Only at Kentucky is it frowned upon if you’re a mcds all American and having to stay more than two years to make the league. That’s the only thing I wish would change besides more championships and less Higgins.

The story about Lewis being talked out of the trip to Ireland with Igiehon by the UK staff has always added some intrigue to this recruitment. I still think Florida but this weekend could change that
giphy.gif

No one has a clue where he’s going. If he was signing with Florida would he waste he’s time coming here. I remember waiting on Noel to announce he was going to Georgetown because of so called experts. Randall was sure thing for Kansas. One kid announced for one school and changed he’s mind a few minutes later. You think maybe they are confused. Think wiseman may be torn right now. These kids,most of them don’t know where they are going. I doubt if anyone on here has any reliable info other than the unreliable info they get from people that don’t know either. Then if they happen to get one right they go see I told you. We don’t know. Do I think we have a chance with Lewis YES Do you know different NO

Matt is still thinks Randal is coming to KU. :)

Swears up & down something illegal happened for Randle to end up at UK
The greatest trick Cal ever pulled was setting up the honey pot when Randle made his official visit. Now they’re married and have a kid. It’s a true long con.

The greatest trick Cal ever pulled was setting up the honey pot when Randle made his official visit. Now they’re married and have a kid. It’s a true long con.

It's weird when people call kids who went to middle school with my kid a 'honey pot', lol!

I'm getting old....:(

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT