ADVERTISEMENT

Say what you want, but we have no head coach

PhattyJ4UK

All-American
Nov 7, 2008
We have a staff full of REALLY GOOD assistants but no one to make correct decisions, fire up the team, get them mentally prepared after a bye week or a tough loss..etc etc..

Stoops has absolutely zero feel or "street smarts" hes never going to make a crazy in game adjustment that turns it on.

Suspending kash, along with dorian baker, is about the dumbest things ive seen a head FOOTBALL coach do. Already flat after a hard loss, already have suspensions due to the worst rule in the history of college football... so the LAST thing we needed was to lose our emotional leader and come out flat. In steps stoops.

Yes..Kentucky football is better off since stoops came..yes, recruiting is way better and will keep us as a winning team... no, kentucky football will not take the next step up to a georgia level(alabama level is a huge tier above). No, we wont lost stoops to an ohio state. They see his deficiencies in in game strategy and preparation.

Theres zero reason we couldnt run all over these jokers today. There defense wasnt great and we have almost the same line that dominated them last year...But we throw it 41 times...including the first quarter and dug ourselves a HUGE hole.

It’s kind of a moot point because our fanbase, right or wrong, feels like he’s the best we can do and because of that it’s unfair to criticize any mistake, no matter how blatant, that he makes. I don’t agree with that, but it is what it is.

I think he was outcoached in the last two games, but this board has become so toxic I’m afraid to come on here and criticize anything he does because I’ll be immediately swarmed by the usuals that don’t really ever seek anything more than six or seven wins. It is what it is. Best just to sit back and watch and not criticize Stoops. Blame the QB or the refs, but Stoops is off limits.

Unfortunately, games like today are not likely to stop. Stoops serves up a clunker or two each season.

2013: Western Kentucky
2015: Vandy and UL.
2016: Southern Miss and a god-awful showing at Florida.
2017: Mississippi State and curb stomped at home by a mediocre UL team.
2018: Tennessee. Last year's game against Mizzou was horrible for 55 minutes but they did pull it out.
2019: Mississippi State and ???

As much as I want to believe Stoops has turned the corner as a coach, games like today give me pause.

There are other factors, such as his inability to win a big home game in front of electric crowds.

2015: Auburn, Louisville
2016: Georgia
2017: Florida, Louisville
2018: Georgia
2019: Florida

And there are the games UK squeaked by when the 'Cats should have dominated.

2015: Louisiana, Eastern Kentucky
2017: Eastern Kentucky, Eastern Michigan, Tennessee

In his defense, UK did lose key players from last season, as well as the unexpected loss of Terry Wilson in Game 2. However, I was hoping the days looking discombobulated, disjointed, and disinterested against the Mississippi States of the world were over. Guess not.

It’s kind of a moot point because our fanbase, right or wrong, feels like he’s the best we can do and because of that it’s unfair to criticize any mistake, no matter how blatant, that he makes. I don’t agree with that, but it is what it is.

I think he was outcoached in the last two games, but this board has become so toxic I’m afraid to come on here and criticize anything he does because I’ll be immediately swarmed by the usuals that don’t really ever seek anything more than six or seven wins. It is what it is. Best just to sit back and watch and not criticize Stoops. Blame the QB or the refs, but Stoops is off limits.

Stoops isn’t perfect and we Stoops lovers can admit it. But to say things like, “he’s not a head coach” or “we can do better” are just absolutely asinine comments. Stupid. Idiotic. Pathetic and lacking any football IQ and continuing to show ignorance. Make broad sweeping comments like “out coached” “no in game adjustments” but fail to give any specific info on what your referencing, that shows all of the negative comments I discussed regarding the pathetic football IQ many of you Stoops haters show after a loss.

Get on the Stoops train fully because he isn’t going anywhere, no matter how many tears you haters stream down your cheeks. Be thankful he’s here and if your criticize, at least be specific, if you’re able.

Yes ! THIS ^^^^ ALL DAY. I agree with you 100%. My advice ? Screw the homers, speak your mind, and the ignore option is your friend.

Stoop haters got to hate. Stoops did not throw an interception, drop a pass, miss a tackle or miss a field goal.. Players have to execute.
merriman likes it when you blame players, unless it's a player he likes...

He went 10-3 at Kentucky. I don’t give a f*** if he was a literal corpse on the sideline for that season, he deserves at least one year of people shutting the f*** up and letting him do his job.
yea, do your ****ing job Stoops!!

I agree with this. I mean we are just fans but people’s ability to be objective on here is beyond belief and to be honest it’s whats wrong with the coaching they are stubborn

He went 10-3 at Kentucky. I don’t give a f*** if he was a literal corpse on the sideline for that season, he deserves at least one year of people shutting the f*** up and letting him do his job.

Was the 10-3 season more thanks to his coaching or more thanks to Benny Snell and Josh Allen being unstoppable beasts ? I mean, I'm on Stoops side more often than I'm not but just asking a legitimate question.

Reactions: law1127
We have a staff full of REALLY GOOD assistants but no one to make correct decisions, fire up the team, get them mentally prepared after a bye week or a tough loss..etc etc..

Stoops has absolutely zero feel or "street smarts" hes never going to make a crazy in game adjustment that turns it on.

Suspending kash, along with dorian baker, is about the dumbest things ive seen a head FOOTBALL coach do. Already flat after a hard loss, already have suspensions due to the worst rule in the history of college football... so the LAST thing we needed was to lose our emotional leader and come out flat. In steps stoops.

Yes..Kentucky football is better off since stoops came..yes, recruiting is way better and will keep us as a winning team... no, kentucky football will not take the next step up to a georgia level(alabama level is a huge tier above). No, we wont lost stoops to an ohio state. They see his deficiencies in in game strategy and preparation.

Theres zero reason we couldnt run all over these jokers today. There defense wasnt great and we have almost the same line that dominated them last year...But we throw it 41 times...including the first quarter and dug ourselves a HUGE hole.
Dorian baker graduated... he’s no longer on the team. Come on man

Reactions: BlueTick2 and gg4uk
I said last week if Stoops suspended Kash for any time I was done. Well I am not saying anything about this game. But Stoops is more choir boy than football coach and maybe has hurt this team worst than he thinks by being a boy scout. Don't care any longer.... done with this coach for the rest of the year see you in basketball season. And that is all I have to say about that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: bigbluedon
I think it was Snell and Allen to be honest....
I’ve never thought Stoops was a great in game coach. He just isn’t. I think that about Cal too but god forbid anyone says it. Sometimes a coach isn’t the whole package. He needs to surround himself with ppl who fill his gaps. Good coaches recognize this and do it. Ego maniacs don’t. And they lose.

Was the 10-3 season more thanks to his coaching or more thanks to Benny Snell and Josh Allen being unstoppable beasts ? I mean, I'm on Stoops side more often than I'm not but just asking a legitimate question.

Didn’t this staff recruit them? Didn’t this staff develop them? Didn’t this staff recruit and develop everyone on that 10-3 team? I thought so. Clearly it’s coaching across the board. It’s Stoops vision that has built this program the right way. With ethics, redshirting and playing good disciplined football, like low penalties.

Just another example of you haters. Try to point to the players but it was these coaches who brought them in and developed them and turned them into the beast. Blinded by your own ignorance and hatred. Get all in or root for someone else.

And he doesn’t get any credit for Benny Snell and Josh Allen being what they were? I missed where they were 5 star can’t miss guys coming out of high school.

And he doesn’t get any credit for Benny Snell and Josh Allen being what they were? I missed where they were 5 star can’t miss guys coming out of high school.

I was talking about his in game/Xs and Os coaching more than anything else..much more than anything else. I thought it was pretty obvious that Stoops and the coaches get all of the credit for developing the team, so obvious that I didn't think I had to mention it.

Pretty sure they wuda been star athletes anywhere. Stoops had lil to do with that.

The funny and hypocritical thing is, these "Stoops is God" idiots are the first to say "the team has got to perform and make plays !" to defend Stoops but then ignore the guys making plays on the field and say "Oh Stoops recruited and developed them..that's why they are so good on the field."...such hypocritical bullshit from these Stoops homer clowns.

The funny and hypocritical thing is, these "Stoops is God" idiots are the first to say "the team has got to perform and make plays !" to defend Stoops but then ignore the guys making plays on the field and say "Oh Stoops recruited and developed them..that's why they are so good on the field."...such hypocritical bullshit from these Stoops homer clowns.[/ Benny and Allen were STARS that we were Lucky enuff to get. They won despite of Stoops. Not bcuz of him.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
We all make mistakes in our jobs every week, and anyone that says they don’t is lying. Only difference is ours aren’t on national TV for the world to see.

Reactions: merrimanm
Pretty sure they wuda been star athletes anywhere. Stoops had lil to do with that.
Hahahaha!!!! Josh Allen didn't have any other offers. And people passed on Benny all over the place. Ask those guys if stoops had anything to do with their success. I guess you can't fix stupid though. So I am sure I am wasting my time even responding to you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT