ADVERTISEMENT

Samual Adams Octoberfest Beer

They have a 6-bottle mixer out now. The usual suspects but a Maple beer, a dark lager and a Pumpkin beer. Like all Sam Adams: drinkable, but nothing you'd actively seek out.

Saranac Octoberfest on the otherhand..

For some crazy reason, Samuel Adams Boston Lager (canned or bottled, and NOT draft) is my absolute favorite game beer.

Back on topic: Every year, I always pickup the Samuel Adams Fall variety pack and Octoberfest is included. Good, but not stellar.

I feel like that's Sam Adams for the most part. They make solid, but unspectacular beer. There are a LOT of styles that I first tried from Sam Adams, so they were a great gateway for me. And even places with no other beer options past Bud, Miller, a couple import lagers will usually have Sam available.

Once you discover the German brews, its all over.

Spaten Optimator and Köstritzer Schwarzbier FTW, my friends.

And for the record, all IPA's suck.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Nothing wrong with Pumpkin Beer.. and nothing even wrong ones that have that cinnamon sugar rim glaze either..

That said, Pumpkin beers get considerably worse tasting with every one you drink. There's something wrong with you if you can polish off a 6er of Pumpkin beer.

Agreed. Even on the rare ocassion i find a pumpkin beer i like, no way i can handle more than 1. Big dropoff.

Yep especially so with oktoberfests. Crafts just cant match it

Reactions: LineSkiCat14

It's of no surprise that someone who touts German beers hates IPAs. Nothing wrong with someone's taste, but it's just that: taste. IPA's absolutely have their place, whether it's a Session or a Double.

I have a buddy in Oakland that ships me a case of Pliny the Elder once every 6 weeks or so. I don't love IPAs in general but that stuff is amazing.

Octoberfest is a tradition to me. It signals the start of football season and fall. It used to not get released until September but is out now the 2nd week of August. Do not like it in cans. Its better on tap. This years is better than last years. Been drinking it for 15 years.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT