ADVERTISEMENT

Samual Adams Octoberfest Beer

file.php

This probably should go on the beer thread but since we talking about fall beers...Schlafly Pumpkin Ale is really good.
I bought a six last year because I tried a single and loved it. I don't think I finished the six because I got so tired of it. It's pretty unique because it's got a lot of "real" pumpkin spice flavor.

Sam Adams Octoberfest is a gateway beer to being a problem drinker. It's like it makes you want to drink nine at a time.

Sam Adams' Summer Ale and Cream Stout are palatable. The rest of their lineup is hot garbage. Anyone who likes anything of theirs besides those two should be lobotomized for the betterment of humanity. Octoberfest = [sick], Boston Lager = [sick], etc.

I don't think I've ever had a bad Sam Adams. And some have been really well done.

With all these Johnny come latley micro breweries popping up with wack ass beers and terrible quality the more I've found myself going back to breweries like Sam Adams, Dogfish Head, Sierra Nevada, Anchor Steam, Stone. Those are names you can trust.

What I like about Sam Adams is you can find their Lager/Seasonal in almost any bar you go to (well, at least in the north east).. Even though you wuldn't consider it a craft beer, it was in some ways the first of it's kind.

I'd almost never buy it in stores, but I've never had a bad Sam Adams either.

In the 90's (when I turned 21) there wasn't a "craft beer" scene. It was basically imports and a few micro breweries. Sam Adams and Pete's Wicked Ale were among the first to be offered along side Bud and Miller on tap at local sports bars.

Sam Adams is what it is. It's a high quality beer for a good price that can be found everywhere.

So the next time you're at a "release party" waiting to see if your number gets called in the lottery for a 25 dollar 4 pack of beer that tastes like Honey Nut Cheerios pick up a Sam Adams or something from Stone or Rogue.

Ha, there are certainly some brewers that just never seem to land. One of my favorites, Magic Hat, has gone this way.

If there's ever going to be a reason I don't drink Sam Adams, it'll be because Bostonian's are the worst GD people to walk the planet, not because of taste.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
For some crazy reason, Samuel Adams Boston Lager (canned or bottled, and NOT draft) is my absolute favorite game beer.

Back on topic: Every year, I always pickup the Samuel Adams Fall variety pack and Octoberfest is included. Good, but not stellar. Sierra Nevada indeed brews a fine example of the style.

Others notables:

Spaten Oktoberfest Ur-Märzen
Weihenstephaner Festbier
Live Oak Oaktoberfest

Reactions: ganner918
Sam Adams' Summer Ale and Cream Stout are palatable. The rest of their lineup is hot garbage. Anyone who likes anything of theirs besides those two should be lobotomized for the betterment of humanity. Octoberfest = [sick], Boston Lager = [sick], etc.
This, never been a fan of anything Sam Adams offers. Either way if the OP is just discovering this he doesn’t get out much or also just discovered Applebee’s. If you can find it at Circle K there isn’t much “discovering”

Reactions: entropy13
Hey op, this is what people refer to as beer snobs

This, never been a fan of anything Sam Adams offers. Either way if the OP is just discovering this he doesn’t get out much or also just discovered Applebee’s. If you can find it at Circle K there isn’t much “discovering”

Reactions: 78Gooses

Would not take my dog to Applebees, and no, I don't get out much, also no Circle K around here. People do live other places than where you live.

ADVERTISEMENT