ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Lemond scuttlebutt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I'm sure a student manager is schooling a guy that was on pace to be the most prolific single season shot blocker in UK history.

Can't be anything other than pure truth

Important to just note that KSR always pulls crap like this.

Chances are the manager maybe made one great play and got a dunk in on Ugo, and Ryan Lemond (who makes random stuff up all the time IMO) turned it into this whole narrative to stir the pot and so his daddy Matt Jones would be proud of him.

Just my 2 cents, but those dudes at KSR have hated Men's Basketball since Cal shut them out (which Cal never should have done obviously).
Nailed it. How many times am I allowed to like this post?

It's to the point now KSR seems more like a jilted ex-lover than actual basketball information. Yes we can argue whether the shut out was right or wrong but at some point they have to grow up and move on from it. It's just kinda sad at this point.
I listened for years and years and I just can't listen anymore due to this. They just beat that dead horse over and over.

That's not what I've heard at all. Maybe this false report will work as great as the "Nick Richards is the same guy" one that came out before his JR year.

Or them talking down on SGA compared to Quade Green when I was told that SGA was the best PG on the team by a large margin.
I'll believe it when I see it at this point.

Reactions: cornbreadnmilk
I'll believe it when I see it at this point.
I didn't say Onyenso is going to be fantastic but nothing of the sort has been repeated about what's going on right now. There are a lot of people who have been told to STFU about what's going on within the program for a lot of reasons, so I'm taking this report with a lot of skepticism and calling BS.

I'll wait for things to get finalized with the roster (no matter if we all like it or not) and we'll get to see with our own eyes how the players look about a month from now when they play in that event in Toronto.

I didn't say Onyenso is going to be fantastic but nothing of the sort has been repeated about what's going on right now. There are a lot of people who have been told to STFU about what's going on within the program for a lot of reasons, so I'm taking this report with a lot of skepticism and calling BS.

I'll wait for things to get finalized with the roster (no matter if we all like it or not) and we'll get to see with our own eyes how the players look about a month from now when they play in that event in Toronto.
This is far too reasonable my good sir. Are you sure you are on the right message board?

There are so many layers of ridiculousness to this story. I think Ryan recently jokingly mispronounced Ugonna’s name and Matt had to cut him off due to how inappropriate that was. Literally yesterday they talked about how summer stories never are actually true while also discussing Brandon Edwards…who is not an actual player shockingly enough.

On a separate note what kind of “practices” are we even talking about? The kids that we even have on the roster just trickled in less than a week ago and have been traveling to these random camp sites.

No reason to relay this nonsense on such a huge platform IMO.

Just said the very tall student trainer (if you’ve been to a game the past couple years you’ve seen him) is beating ugonna in practice.

Apparently he played in Lexington and is Marvin stone’s son. Not good news if true, or maybe cal needs to give him a jersey? Lol
And you could definitely tell he was exaggerating it. He thought it was making the kid sound good . He said he's holding his own. Ryan is a goober

south-park-towlie.gif
You’re a Towel!

Guys Lane Ware beat him out for backup Center behind Oscar....what else do you need to know Ugo has some potential but he's not ready for 30 mpg at high D1 level.

Reactions: docholiday51
Not surprised, I mean Ugo couldn’t take minutes from Ware last year. Hope I’m wrong but I don’t expect much from him this year.
Shaw himself couldn’t take Ware’s minutes .. the dude was a star in the making .. ha ha — I’m on record as saying he couldn’t average 10 a game at morehead

This would be my guess as well. No way do I believe that guy is regularly outplaying Ugonna. Like you said, he more likely just saw him make one or two good plays on him …and then ran off to post his attention-seeking “scoop.”

Guys like Lemond are desperate to find something they can say to grab attention each day …and embellishing this was the best he could come up with.
These stories are really not that uncommon.
There's "park" players good enough to get the best of NBA players as long as they get them in a park setting.
Put them in an actual NBA game and they would be a joke.
It's totally plausible that Ray has held his own or even outplayed Ugo in an unorganized setting. Doesn't mean he would outperform him in an actual college game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT