ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Lemond scuttlebutt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe not getting in over Lance Ware should have told us something.
Yeah, he can hit that Fred throw line jumper, he barely misses it in warmups, but he can’t move well and still looks very awkward and raw at this stage. Get Jordan brown(if he enters) or somto please

Important to just note that KSR always pulls crap like this.

Chances are the manager maybe made one great play and got a dunk in on Ugo, and Ryan Lemond (who makes random stuff up all the time IMO) turned it into this whole narrative to stir the pot and so his daddy Matt Jones would be proud of him.

This would be my guess as well. No way do I believe that guy is regularly outplaying Ugonna. Like you said, he more likely just saw him make one or two good plays on him …and then ran off to post his attention-seeking “scoop.”

Guys like Lemond are desperate to find something they can say to grab attention each day …and embellishing this was the best he could come up with.

I don’t think he’d make that part up. Said Marvin was the birth father…

I mean I guess he would have that scoop possibly. It is hard to believe but the ages would check out.

Actually just googled him and there are some older pics and they do kind of look alike.

If it’s true, it’s super disappointing and shocking. I thought ugo was gonna be it this year.

I will just ask him to confirm everything. We will be at Father Son camp in two weeks and those guys are involved in all of that.

Joking but would be a hell of a question...

I didn't see a single thing from Ugo that suggested he could start at Kentucky anytime soon. His limited action last season was uninspiring, even from a potential-looking-forward lens. Completely lost, with no touch on the ball in live game action. But Nick Richards was pretty bad his freshman season, and we all know (assuming you aren't too young on here) about Nazr Mohammed - but he was a product of the younger, obsessive Rick Pitino model, so I'm not sure we should be pointing to Nazr as a reference point in the modern era.

That said, Ryan Lemond lost his source of information when his now ex-wife ran off to Florida.

Just said the very tall student trainer (if you’ve been to a game the past couple years you’ve seen him) is beating ugonna in practice.

Apparently he played in Lexington and is Marvin stone’s son. Not good news if true, or maybe cal needs to give him a jersey? Lol
Didn’t he lead us to the trainer FF? Seriously?

I don't believe it. If the trainer has even semi comparable skills to Ugo he would be playing on a DI team somewhere.

I mean I guess he would have that scoop possibly. It is hard to believe but the ages would check out.

Actually just googled him and there are some older pics and they do kind of look alike.
Here is a write up about him as one of the top 10 players in the class of 2020 in the state of Kentucky:

Ray Surratt – The son of former Kentucky and Louisville post player Marvin Stone, Surratt is still catching up from a massive growth spurt a few years ago. Once he stops growing and hopefully increases his foot speed, Surratt should be a D1 level player. Ray is very skilled and can pick and pop with the best of them. In order for him to be able to reach the college level, Ray will have to increase his athleticism and foot speed.

Also looked it up and he averaged 23.6ppg and 10.7rpg and shot 39% from 3 his senior year.

I had a much more mean-spirited post earlier, which I've since edited. All I can say is that Lemond outkicked his coverage, and I can't blame him for going off the rails a bit since the divorce.

BFdFy9eCYAApAXj.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: JerseyCat84
How bout Konnor Tucker?
Konnor Tucker's story still sticks out to me in a hilarious way.

The kid said he was watching ESPN while eating a bowl of cereal when he learned Calipari was replacing Billy Clyde. Said he immediately knew Cal was not going to bring him in. One has to imagine he longed for someone else at Kentucky in that moment.

BBN has basically become what Konnor Tucker was then, a fan base sitting in front of the television as we eat a bowl of cereal, longing for someone else.

Here is a write up about him as one of the top 10 players in the class of 2020 in the state of Kentucky:

Ray Surratt – The son of former Kentucky and Louisville post player Marvin Stone, Surratt is still catching up from a massive growth spurt a few years ago. Once he stops growing and hopefully increases his foot speed, Surratt should be a D1 level player. Ray is very skilled and can pick and pop with the best of them. In order for him to be able to reach the college level, Ray will have to increase his athleticism and foot speed.

Also looked it up and he averaged 23.6ppg and 10.7rpg and shot 39% from 3 his senior year.

It is funny how something like that could fly under the radar. I was wrong. Apologies to Ryan Lemond.

Important to just note that KSR always pulls crap like this.

Chances are the manager maybe made one great play and got a dunk in on Ugo, and Ryan Lemond (who makes random stuff up all the time IMO) turned it into this whole narrative to stir the pot and so his daddy Matt Jones would be proud of him.

Just my 2 cents, but those dudes at KSR have hated Men's Basketball since Cal shut them out (which Cal never should have done obviously).

I'd say what really happened is someone showed up for 1 or even half a practice and saw this happen a few plays.

Reactions: Tampa_cat54
KC Ross-Miller and Konner Tucker will be the main offensive focal points IMO, we just need Euton and Zollo to be serviceable.
With Hunter McClintock dropping dimes to them, they’ll be more than serviceable. He just makes everyone around him better. Unfortunately means KC will either need to learn to play off the ball or will probably hit the portal.

Only worry is that when Hunter gets his dribble on, might hypnotize everyone on the court including his own players. Ball watching with Hunter is like watching Beethoven himself conduct the Ninth Symphony.

I've seen him play at the camps. He isn't bad but he is rail thin and doesn't seem very athletic.
Some high school footage. He dominates here against much smaller guys. Decent skills but looks slow and unathletic. Certainly could have gotten a scholarship somewhere though.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
I’m calling BS, Ugonna has a 12’8 wingspan, 43-inch vert, 29-inch hands, and he’s processing more juice than Orange Julius, negative ghost rider, this never happened!

The student trainer has to be very mean if he’s winning 1 v 1s with Ugonna. Doesn’t he know that Ugonna is someone’s son?

Reactions: BlueSince92
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT