ADVERTISEMENT

Rupp Rafters NBA Legends GM Draft Round 10 Aike OTC

I've looked multiple times and this guy is still around, I believe. Time to add yet another NBA MVP to my team and another top-50 All Time player.

This guy posted career averages of 18 points, 14 rebounds, over 4 assists, more than one steal and more than one block (even though the stats weren't kept when he was in his first few seasons).

He was an 8 time all star in 11 seasons (including one season of post-retirement play), 3 times All NBA, 3 times All Defense and a 2 time NBA champion.

He's one of the best two-way post players in history, and he also happens to be from Newport, Kentucky.

Give me Big Red, Dave Cowens, PF/C.

Give me the first guy to win an NCAA, NBA, and Olympic championship Clyde Lovelette. And some more shooting with Chauncey Billups

Let me go ahead and get out in front of what some folks might try to criticize and let me take one of the great true classic floor generals of all time.

When this guy retired, the only guys in NBA history with more assists were Magic, Oscar, Zeke and Stockton. No one had more steals.

He's five time All Defense, a four time All Star, but what he really does is take the normal duties of a traditional PG and performs them at an All-Time level.

He orchestrated one of the greatest teams in history, and despite a handful of guys on that squad who have already been drafted, he was the leader and engine that made it run. He's an efficient scorer, with a 53% career eFG from the PG spot, turned it over less than 2 times per game, and was 80% from the line.

One of the greatest perimeter defenders, passers, leaders, and minds the game has seen (he even went on to be a good coach), give me the floor general and one of the most underrated players in league history.

Mo Cheeks, Point Guard.

Reactions: Aike
Let me go ahead and get out in front of what some folks might try to criticize and let me take one of the great true classic floor generals of all time.

When this guy retired, the only guys in NBA history with more assists were Magic, Oscar, Zeke and Stockton. No one had more steals.

He's five time All Defense, a four time All Star, but what he really does is take the normal duties of a traditional PG and performs them at an All-Time level.

He orchestrated one of the greatest teams in history, and despite a handful of guys on that squad who have already been drafted, he was the leader and engine that made it run. He's an efficient scorer, with a 53% career eFG from the PG spot, turned it over less than 2 times per game, and was 80% from the line.

One of the greatest perimeter defenders, passers, leaders, and minds the game has seen (he even went on to be a good coach), give me the floor general and one of the most underrated players in league history.

Mo Cheeks, Point Guard.

You probably know I had him on my short list. Not the guy I wanted, but close enough.

Mo Cheeks, Point Guard.
sonuvabitch....

OK, so this is the guy that I really wanted. I was afraid Mo Cheeks might still be on the board, and I might be tempted to take him, just because he’s a known quantity.

But if I’m going to be real, this is the guy. Had he not suffered such an untimely death, there’s not a chance in the world he would still be on the board.

44% lifetime from three, but that doesn’t scratch the surface of how talented he was. Can work on ball as well as off screens, and even has some of that Pistol Pete flair in the open court.

Give me the man who Reggie Miller called the best shooter he ever faced, an All-NBA selection before his tragic death, Drazen Petrovic.

Reactions: gossie21
OK, so this is the guy that I really wanted. I was afraid Mo Cheeks might still be on the board, and I might be tempted to take him, just because he’s a known quantity.

But if I’m going to be real, this is the guy. Had he not suffered such an untimely death, there’s not a chance in the world he would still be on the board.

44% lifetime from three, but that doesn’t scratch the surface of how talented he was. Can work on ball as well as off screens, and even has some of that Pistol Pete flair in the open court.

Give me the man who Reggie Miller called the best shooter he ever faced, an All-NBA selection before his tragic death, Drazen Petrovic.

Fantastic pick this late in the draft. Can never have too many shooters.

Reactions: Aike
my starting center was dpoy 2 times. so is my backup center (who also led the league in blocks 4 times, more than my starter)...

mark eaton

xTo93rR.gif

Give me a 5x all defense and 4x allstar point guard, that is one of the best passers in the history of basketball. The perfect player to have on a team of stars, who doesn’t need to shoot the basketball. Give me Rajon Rondo.
...and there goes my 3rd targeted 2nd string pg...
Give me former league MVP and 7 time all-star Dave Bing to run my 2nd unit

Reactions: drcats2013
Give me a stretch power forward and maybe some of his greatness has been marginalized by Lebron James but it doesn't matter... hes going to knock down 3's and get me rebounds when I need it.

Kevin Love.

ADVERTISEMENT