ADVERTISEMENT

LOL @ Calipari hugging Reed Sheppard in the Green Room.

Considering Calipari did everything he could to not use Reed from day one, and the fact that everyone knows he hated recruiting him in the first place, go ahead and use it I guess. Reed is all blue and doesn’t give a sht about ark and I don’t belief cal either. He didn’t play at UK for Cao but Cal sure did hold him back to play his boy.
Meh, Calipari didn't fight his way into the green room or force his way over to the Sheppard table. I didn't care for seeing Calipari on screen last evening, and I'm not one of those still fixated on that guy since he left for Arkansas. But Calipari was clearly invited to the Sheppard table last night.

Provide an analysis of what games you feel we won because DJ and Edwards did start... Start with Oakland.

Your logic is flawed I think.
How can I start with Oakland as a game we won?

You seriously asked that question and then followed-up with a statement regarding flawed logic on my part? 🤣

Why didn't Pope start his best player last year?
False equivalency (something you do all the time in these arguments).

Two top picks are not the same as a guy (Robinson) who couldn't even get a second-round draft slot pledge from GMs after four years.

The fact that you can't see the difference is comical (and predictable, given you only come here to argue and take a contrarian position).

Leadbelly is pissed now that another one of his monikers has been outed.

Hilarious.

tupac-tupac-shakur.gif

And you are posting your opinion. We didn't win one single post-season game, because we played sucky defense, and our coach was a sucky in-game coach, and everyone not named Reeves "froze" on the big-dance floor. Which is ironic, because so many said the first half of the season that Reeves doesn't show up in big games. He showed up every game last year.

lol I’m posting my opinion that we didnt win a single game in the post season and that the roster wasn’t handled correctly? Ok buddy, those are the definition of facts. Have a good one arguing nonsense.

Last edited:
Meh, Calipari didn't fight his way into the green room or force his way over to the Sheppard table. I didn't care for seeing Calipari on screen last evening, and I'm not one of those still fixated on that guy since he left for Arkansas. But Calipari was clearly invited to the Sheppard table last night.
It's more likely the reason Cal was invited was because Shep and his family are quality people and don't hold grudges.

I have to reiterate: How come NOBODY EVER interviewed Edwards and DJ, asking them if it mattered who started?

How can I start with Oakland as a game we won?

You seriously asked that question and then followed-up with a statement regarding flawed logic on my part? 🤣
Annnnnd of course flew over your head - Losing to Oakland WAS the point. You want someone to "analyze and prove" something impossible to prove. I am asking you to "analyze and prove" we won games because of your logic. Of course you cannot.

The main point you are intentionally missing is that 1. Cal chose to start players he promised he would start, players who were not playing as well as others (born out statistically and in last night's draft). 2. Cal was criticized for it (rightfully). 3. Cal dug his heels in and stuck with it to try to prove others wrong (look at his press conference after Auburn). 4. In doing so - Cal never gave opportunity to develop chemistry and cohesion with the best players playing together... and in fact if you know sports at all (team chemistry, player ego) playing the most deserving matters and players know when they are being screwed. He also never coached/corrected the defense all season LAZY! Which game was it UK got burned 4 times on under the basket in-bounds plays? LOL - PITIFUL!

Hey - We lost lots with your logic - but some people would rather lose with Cal - than win as UK's best.

Last edited:
Just saw where Cal said he wants to help 30 more families before he quits. Said on his tombstone he doesn't want wins and championships but families he helped. I can't help but thinking about all the 'other' players on all the teams over the years. Some had to sacrifice minutes when they shouldn't have. And some teams could have won a little more or went a little further that would have helped the team as a 'whole' accomplish more. All those guys matter in life also. Just because they aren't good enough to be pro's, teams should be all in on what is best for the 'team.' JMO

Just saw where Cal said he wants to help 30 more families before he quits. Said on his tombstone he doesn't want wins and championships but families he helped. I can't help but thinking about all the 'other' players on all the teams over the years. Some had to sacrifice minutes when they shouldn't have. And some teams could have won a little more or went a little further that would have helped the team as a 'whole' accomplish more. All those guys matter in life also. Just because they aren't good enough to be pro's, teams should be all in on what is best for the 'team.' JMO

Or the players that Calipari used to coach that get no access whatsoever from the guy. Calipari doesn’t give a damn about anything but himself. He figured out a long time ago he’s not a good enough coach to be remembered for coaching. So he went this route instead. And it’s really sick what he does. There are coaches who are in this to promote families and kids in need they’re called high school coaches. The guy is a nut job to think anyone is falling for his get rich scheme of “sending” professional athletes to their money.
It’s why anyone who’s ever dealt with him needs a shower when it’s over.

College coaches are hired to win basketball games for their university, and continue the work that a lot of men put in before them. They’re not here to see to it the Wagner family gets more millions. It’s an insult to coaches who are really in this for kids at the high school and lower levels. He’s just a sick dude I have zero respect. Like Pope said he’s here to hang banners. That’s his job to hang banners. I know the unraveling of Cals legacy at that press conference will burn him forever.

I actually appreciate your guys use of fallacies. It just confirms you know you lost your footing in the actual argument. So, thank you!
I agree with this.

RunninRichie did what he does. He spouts off with no actual information and then rushes to ad hominem attacks when the facts don't support him. It's his thing.

Also his wingman lackey sonofsaul falls quickly in line to support him. It's a whole thing.

Reactions: Mr. Stratford
I agree with this.

RunninRichie did what he does. He spouts off with no actual information and then rushes to ad hominem attacks when the facts don't support him. It's his thing.

Also his wingman lackey sonofsaul falls quickly in line to support him. It's a whole thing.
''Cal was nice to me and my daughters at a paid camp once, so I'm eternally in his debts''-thedahc, 2024.

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk
Weird take to expect people to just stop talking about Cal. He was our coach for 14 years and just left a few months ago. People are still taking about Pitino after almost 30 years.
I get talking about him, I discuss him too.

In this thread he is totally germaine to the topic but it often drifts into what seems obsessive.

I was just in a Jaxon Robinson thread and for whatever reason it is dominated by Calipari conversation as an example.

Calipari tanked our program and stole six players on his way out. He also chose to evacuate to an SEC rival, by the way.

I'm surprised Kentucky fans like you aren't equally "ate up."

Let me guess, "let's put it in the past, fellas. Sure Cal left our program bleeding to death on the side of the road, but that's in the past. Time to move on."
Tanked our program and left? You wanted him to leave... As did I. This nonsense that he abandoned us is the most ridiculous thing in the world. There may be 20 people on here that wanted him back. The players weren't stolen. They were only at UK because of cal and left with him. I'm glad they did. Arkansas is as much a rival to us as just about any other school in the country. It's been 28 years since we were rivals.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Tanked our program and left? You wanted him to leave... As did I. This nonsense that he abandoned us is the most ridiculous thing in the world. There may be 20 people on here that wanted him back. The players weren't stolen. They were only at UK because of cal and left with him. I'm glad they did. Arkansas is as much a rival to us as just about any other school in the country. It's been 28 years since we were rivals.
I agree with this.

Interesting take considering he scored in double digits 14 times, and was one of pur better players in the Oakland game.

See above. He had far more than 2 good games, and he was one of our better players against Oakland.

You all can make all the excuses you want. We lost against Oakland because we had multiple players shit the bed. There is nothing that supports we lost that game based on who started.

I think he certainly helped Reed and Robs draft positions. Reed seems to agree if you listen to him speak.

How do you all feel about Mark Pope not starting his best player last year at BYU?
I think just what I said. Reed isn’t going to character bash someone publicly, he’s a better person than that. Cal spoke a few nice things about the fans last year, does that me he adored all the BBN last year by your logic? Dying on that hill defending Cal over thinking he helped Reed become top 5 pick is insane. Reed’s hard work and effort did that and with his shot he could have done it anywhere, same for most of Cal’s top 10 picks such as Wall Cousins, AD they were going that high regardless which school they picked.

False equivalency (something you do all the time in these arguments).

Two top picks are not the same as a guy (Robinson) who couldn't even get a second-round draft slot pledge from GMs after four years.

The fact that you can't see the difference is comical (and predictable, given you only come here to argue and take a contrarian position).
Interesting take...

So you only have to start your best player if they are a lottery pick? Just want to make sure of the rules, because before it was just start your best players. But now that our current coach has also been proven to not start his, it is shifting to top picks must start. However, I was pretty sure I have read here that NBA draft stuff is irrelevant, and we are made at Cal for prioritizing the draft. So, it’ seems very fluid. I just want to see if we can lock down the rules, so we all know.

Leadbelly is pissed now that another one of his monikers has been outed.

Hilarious.

tupac-tupac-shakur.gif
OMG, YES!!!! I am enraged. I am seething and seeing red!

Seriously, though…. Do you really think people get mad on an anonymous basketball message board? I am guessing you do since you are projecting that onto me. Dude, that doesn’t seem healthy!

Side not: When you have to try this hard, it’s gets cringe AF real quick!

Annnnnd of course flew over your head - Losing to Oakland WAS the point. You want someone to "analyze and prove" something impossible to prove. I am asking you to "analyze and prove" we won games because of your logic. Of course you cannot.

The main point you are intentionally missing is that 1. Cal chose to start players he promised he would start, players who were not playing as well as others (born out statistically and in last night's draft). 2. Cal was criticized for it (rightfully). 3. Cal dug his heels in and stuck with it to try to prove others wrong (look at his press conference after Auburn). 4. In doing so - Cal never gave opportunity to develop chemistry and cohesion with the best players playing together... and in fact if you know sports at all (team chemistry, player ego) playing the most deserving matters and players know when they are being screwed. He also never coached/corrected the defense all season LAZY! Which game was it UK got burned 4 times on under the basket in-bounds plays? LOL - PITIFUL!

Hey - We lost lots with your logic - but some people would rather lose with Cal - than win as UK's best.
It didn’t really go over my head, as it makes no sense.

First, you’re asking to prove something I am not evening arguing. So that’s just resorting to a fallacy.

Second, I cannot argue we won a game that we didn’t win. Nor would I want to, as that would be illogical. However, you are arguing we lost a game that we in fact lost, due to who started. So it should be very easy for you to prove if you have come to that conclusion based on any evidence. It’s not impossible to prove it all if actual evidence existed. You can’t prove it because it’s a statement based purely on opinion and not fact. The facts that do exist don’t support your argument at all.

Lol, he played the best players the majority of the minutes all season, which is why Reed was first in min played among freshman. Edwards and DJ saw their minutes cut all season. DJ also missed 5 games where those 3 played all of the backcourt minutes and we went 1-4. They lost to UNCw for goodness sake. They had plenty of opportunity all season. They sure seemed fine against Auburn, Bama, TN, UNC and others.
I think just what I said. Reed isn’t going to character bash someone publicly, he’s a better person than that. Cal spoke a few nice things about the fans last year, does that me he adored all the BBN last year by your logic? Dying on that hill defending Cal over thinking he helped Reed become top 5 pick is insane. Reed’s hard work and effort did that and with his shot he could have done it anywhere, same for most of Cal’s top 10 picks such as Wall Cousins, AD they were going that high regardless which school they picked.

Nobody said he had to character bash anyone. But he has spoken glowingly of Cal, even when unprompted. He certainly did not have to invite him to his draft table, yet he did, and embraced him happily when his name was called. Maybe Reed really thinks highly of Cal and doesn’t share the sentiments of bitter fans.

Honestly, Cal seemed to have a lot of patience and respect for most fans. We just have some among us who feel they are owed a bedtime story by the coach and throw childlike tantrums when he doesn't. Those people are very much in their feelings and being overly emotional.

By you logic, no draft pick has ever been helped by their coach, but solely by their work ethic. Just seems odd Reed was on zero draft boards to start the year and went 3rd overall. Then you compare him to Davis, Cousins and Wall. Lulz.

Interesting take...

So you only have to start your best player if they are a lottery pick? Just want to make sure of the rules, because before it was just start your best players. But now that our current coach has also been proven to not start his, it is shifting to top picks must start. However, I was pretty sure I have read here that NBA draft stuff is irrelevant, and we are made at Cal for prioritizing the draft. So, it’ seems very fluid. I just want to see if we can lock down the rules, so we all know.

OMG, YES!!!! I am enraged. I am seething and seeing red!

Seriously, though…. Do you really think people get mad on an anonymous basketball message board? I am guessing you do since you are projecting that onto me. Dude, that doesn’t seem healthy!

Side not: When you have to try this hard, it’s gets cringe AF real quick!

It didn’t really go over my head, as it makes no sense.

First, you’re asking to prove something I am not evening arguing. So that’s just resorting to a fallacy.

Second, I cannot argue we won a game that we didn’t win. Nor would I want to, as that would be illogical. However, you are arguing we lost a game that we in fact lost, due to who started. So it should be very easy for you to prove if you have come to that conclusion based on any evidence. It’s not impossible to prove it all if actual evidence existed. You can’t prove it because it’s a statement based purely on opinion and not fact. The facts that do exist don’t support your argument at all.

Lol, he played the best players the majority of the minutes all season, which is why Reed was first in min played among freshman. Edwards and DJ saw their minutes cut all season. DJ also missed 5 games where those 3 played all of the backcourt minutes and we went 1-4. They lost to UNCw for goodness sake. They had plenty of opportunity all season. They sure seemed fine against Auburn, Bama, TN, UNC and others.

Nobody said he had to character bash anyone. But he has spoken glowingly of Cal, even when unprompted. He certainly did not have to invite him to his draft table, yet he did, and embraced him happily when his name was called. Maybe Reed really thinks highly of Cal and doesn’t share the sentiments of bitter fans.

Honestly, Cal seemed to have a lot of patience and respect for most fans. We just have some among us who feel they are owed a bedtime story by the coach and throw childlike tantrums when he doesn't. Those people are very much in their feelings and being overly emotional.

By you logic, no draft pick has ever been helped by their coach, but solely by their work ethic. Just seems odd Reed was on zero draft boards to start the year and went 3rd overall. Then you compare him to Davis, Cousins and Wall. Lulz.
Oh no, some have been helped tremendously. I’m saying Cal didn’t.

• Haha
UK's #6 player. NBA Draft's #3 player. Makes sense.
This "highlights" the delusion of Calipari. Also, I don't remember Cal hugging his starters, Wagner and Edwards, on Draft Night when their names were called ... WTH? Sadly, this is nothing new for Calipari. Sick and Twisted CLOWN.

But, but, but Kal said he was trying to bring everybody together. :rolleyes:

But, but, but Kal said he was trying to bring everybody together. BARF!

Look guys, that was the last bit of KENTUCKY left in the man. He was there for the guys he coach, why are you surprised. They played for the last version of Cal U in Blue. It is a red problem now.

He is done here. Now we need to stop discussing him until they play us.

There are no Cal leftovers to deal with as Perry was not wanted by Cal.

But, but, but Kal said he was trying to bring everybody together. :rolleyes:
He's doing stuff now just like he's always done to dig deep under the skin of some of our fans that don't care about him, never did, never cared about the kids and only want a title so they can fart at work the day after a title and get in the faces of their co-workers.

I'm glad the man is gone, but you can't blame him for making some fans chase their own tails as nasty as they've been to him.

• Haha
Reactions: track42
He's doing stuff now just like he's always done to dig deep under the skin of some of our fans that don't care about him, never did, never cared about the kids and only want a title so they can fart at work the day after a title and get in the faces of their co-workers.

I'm glad the man is gone, but you can't blame him for making some fans chase their own tails as nasty as they've been to him.
Kal’s disdain for the fans were way greater than the other way around.

Reactions: track42
Read the thread and figure it out.
He has no reason to need to pull the discussion into subjective minutia where everything can be disputed even there are no valid grounds for disputing what he’s already said. You only made that demand because you’re a bullshitter with nothing authentic to contribute. Same reason you had to pretend I didn’t read the thread.

• Haha
He has no reason to need to pull the discussion into subjective minutia where everything can be disputed even there are no valid grounds for disputing what he’s already said. You only made that demand because you’re a bullshitter with nothing authentic to contribute. Same reason you had to pretend I didn’t read the thread.
Lol, if you make a blanket statement alleging something as factual, it's always a good idea to have some proof. Otherwise you're just stating a pretty easily disproven opinion.

I made that demand because I want to see the proof for such a statement. If none exists, that makes me question the validity of the statement.

I didn't pretend anything. You asked why he needed to prove that. It has been mentioned several times thoughout the thread. Your statement indicated you either lacked that knowledge or were being asinine in your post. I chose the former, but evidently you personally feel it was the latter. That's on you, boo!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT