ADVERTISEMENT

Rumor today on KSR about Wheeler

I don't think I buy the St. Peter's rumor, but the other one seems strangely believable for some reason and explains a lot of things, for me anyway.

Oh it’s happened more than 3 times. Vanderbilt wasn’t hurt either. There’s more than that too.

I don’t think people understand Calipari is an ADMITTED liar. He said he lies. Yea.
Wonder why the NBA let Vanderbilt sit out almost his first year. What are you on saying Fox was a female. Better check where all your secret info is coming from!!

I didn’t bring it up before on this board because it is a heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend type situation. But per a UT scout that was at a Lyon County game scouting TP, Wheeler lives a different lifestyle than your typical college basketball player and Oscar, being as religious as he is, didn’t get along with him because of it. Take that with a grain of salt. I didn’t even want to post that, but the more this all played out, the more likely I found it to probably be truthful. That’s a really stupid thing to cause a team to implode in 2023, but different cultures are conflicting in the locker room.
Is wheeler trans?

Do we know his pronouns?🤔

It's funny because news like this doesn't even really surprise me. I expect it now. UK has been totally stolen and hijacked by Calipari and his ''kids.'' Make no mistake, this isn't Kentucky's team or ''the commonwealth's'' team as Calipari called it. It's Calipari's and his boys. We are mere spectators along for the ride and made to pay for their expenses (spending money, food, cars, clothes, entertainment) through NIL deals.

caption.gif

He is a victim. He’s a victim of a bunch of entitled assholes who when they don’t get what they want attack a kid trying his best. I wouldn’t play for you all either.
Dude is riding Wheeler all the way home. Even after he quit on the team, bounced on team meetings, and collected that NIL money while on the bench.

But he just a kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The AD at Kentucky really cares what a drama queen who has a sick,
pathological hatred for the coach and at least 1 player thinks about hiw to run his team.
Guy you responded to has got to be one of the most miserable insufferable people on this board. Every single post just drips of condescension and anger. It's annoying as hell.

Guy you responded to has got to be one of the most miserable insufferable people on this board. Every single post just drips of condescension and anger. It's annoying as hell.

Y’all realize Barnhart does not like Calipari (few do) and they have zero relationship which is unheard of for positive relationships in the coaching and AD profession, right?

The man that was responsible for bringing Calipari into UK ended up disliking him too.

But you got got it!!!

Reactions: kywildcat41086
I don’t GAF about faith, whose faith, or what faith. I care about basketball. That’s what this board is about. And I see a huge issue here with a coach letting a circus take place in the program he was hired to direct. No accountability. And that includes Oscar.
Well Christians do care about faith. And Christian’s put their faith in God above everything else, including their own family. So Oscar placing his faith over basketball should not be an issue.

Especially when the dude averaged 16 and 13 and kept UK out of the NIT 2 years in a row despite his coach and despite his teammates best efforts to thwart him.

It really does baffle me why people continue to try to place blame on Oscar and his faith. It says more about those casting the stones than the one they’re casting the stones on.

Last edited:
This thread has turned a corner. Probably should be locked up now before too many get in here and start going crazy.
So thread was all good and accordance with the rules when it was attacking Oscar and his faith? But when Christians show up to defend their faith and Oscar (by extension or otherwise) that’s when it needs to be locked up?

You’re a much better poster than what you’ve shown in this thread.

Today on KSR they talked about how after the South Carolina loss there was a team meeting and one player skipped that meeting. Anyone want to guess who that player was? Wheeler…..
Was that after Ryan Lemond broke the news that CJ had a broken leg.

Because he’s not a coach. It’s also why he’s been universally hated after he leaves anywhere, including Umass, Memphis, The NBA, and now Kentucky. His methods are that of a marketing businessman that sells a product which eventually turns to shit. This isn’t hard to understand but some people just seem incapable.

He’s the only coach with his kind of success that will never have somewhere to call home. That’s your first big time red flag. Not normal in the least. And I can guarantee everyone that the UK administration including Barnhart are looking for ways to get rid of him as we speak.

He is one of the most destructive personality types I’ve ever seen or been around. The day his family is packed up and shipped out of Lexington for good, the better. I tried to explain some of the incidences I’m aware of while also walkin the line of what I don’t need to say. I’ve had private conversations with several here about it. I’m just saying that he’s a horrible guy and UK needs to figure out how to break away as fast as possible. I pray we do.
Not

It really does baffle me why people continue to try to place blame on Oscar and his faith.
Not sure how many times it needs to be explained, but people don't have an issue with Oscar's faith. They have an issue with the fact that he was possibly being overly preachy and pushing his faith onto others who want nothing to do with it.

If an atheist came up to you every day at work and tried to convince you there was no god you'd probably get pretty annoyed, right? Or maybe it's a Hindu constantly telling you salivation can only be found through Hinduism. Just because Oscar is Christian doesn't mean he can do that same thing to others. Keep it to yourself if others don't want to hear it. It's not that hard.

Well Christians do care about faith. And Christian’s put their faith in God above everything else, including their own family. So Oscar placing his faith over basketball should not be an issue.

Especially when the dude averaged 16 and 13 and kept UK out of the NIT 2 years in a row despite his coach and despite his teammates best efforts to thwart him.

It really does baffle me why people continue to try to place blame on Oscar and his faith. It says more about those casting the stones than the one they’re casting the stones on.
Sorry man, do you think all Christians are above criticism, or just Oscar? Seriously. Are you the one who has been chosen to protect the religion? Goodness man, Oscar had flaws - ON THE BASKETBALL COURT. That’s all I’m saying.

So thread was all good and accordance with the rules when it was attacking Oscar and his faith? But when Christians show up to defend their faith and Oscar (by extension or otherwise) that’s when it needs to be locked up?

You’re a much better poster than what you’ve shown in this thread.
What are you talking about man? I have no problem with you, Christian’s, or your beliefs. I was talking about the poster who started insinuating the problem with Wheeler was his sexual preference. Did you not catch that. I like you bro. It’s all good.

Sorry man, do you think all Christians are above criticism, or just Oscar? Seriously. Are you the one who has been chosen to protect the religion? Goodness man, Oscar had flaws - ON THE BASKETBALL COURT. That’s all I’m saying.
I do not think Christians are above criticism. But you’re criticizing a Christian for valuing his faith. In neither of the posts of yours I replied to did you cite what he did or didn’t do on the court. You only cited his faith. Probably because he’s a double double machine, averaged 16 and 13, led the NCAA in rebounds, and kept us from the NIT for two straight seasons. Seriously, it’s comes off as extremely disingenuous when you attack the mvp who carried us for two straight seasons.

No I have not been chosen to protect anything. But as a Christian I take offense to calling out a player for his faith. I’m not sorry for that.

Last edited:
Not sure how many times it needs to be explained, but people don't have an issue with Oscar's faith. They have an issue with the fact that he was possibly being overly preachy and pushing his faith onto others who want nothing to do with it.

If an atheist came up to you every day at work and tried to convince you there was no god you'd probably get pretty annoyed, right? Or maybe it's a Hindu constantly telling you salivation can only be found through Hinduism. Just because Oscar is Christian doesn't mean he can do that same thing to others. Keep it to yourself if others don't want to hear it. It's not that hard.
Being angry at a possibility seems like a waste of energy to me.

And I do experience that at work and I experienced it in school. Almost daily the atheists at work and in school tell/told me how my religion is akin to praying to a flying spaghetti monster. As for Hinduism, if I moved to India and complained about the natives preaching Hinduism I think I’d be pretty ridiculous personally.

Oscar is allowed to preach his religion. It’s a constitutionally protected right. Now if he’s following teammates with Bible in hand and they’re telling him to stop, but he refuses, then you could have grounds for harassment. But without evidence that is a hefty claim to assert against the MVP of our team for two straight seasons.

Also, if his religion was such a problem for others, why are we only hearing about it now? Why didn’t this come up last season when Oscar wasn’t making NIL and wasn’t calling out his teammates? Take your bias out of the argument and look at all the angles. Even if I wasn’t Christian I would find this all ridiculous.

Reactions: kywildcat41086

I usually find salivation through brisket and other smoked meats.

Being angry at a possibility seems like a waste of energy to me.

And I do experience that at work and I experienced it in school. Almost daily the atheists at work and in school tell/told me how my religion is akin to praying to a flying spaghetti monster. As for Hinduism, if I moved to India and complained about the natives preaching Hinduism I think I’d be pretty ridiculous personally.

Oscar is allowed to preach his religion. It’s a constitutionally protected right. Now if he’s following teammates with Bible in hand and they’re telling him to stop, but he refuses, then you could have grounds for harassment. But without evidence that is a hefty claim to assert against the MVP of our team for two straight seasons.

Also, if his religion was such a problem for others, why are we only hearing about it now? Why didn’t this come up last season when Oscar wasn’t making NIL and wasn’t calling out his teammates? Take your bias out of the argument and look at all the angles. Even if I wasn’t Christian I would find this all ridiculous.

Something tells me the poster you’re citing has no issue with atheism being taught non stop from the time we’re babies all the way through college.

I’m sure he has no problem with the giant leaps we learn in biology, having no evidence to support it btw. I’m sure he has no problem with biology teaching we all originated from a really cool soup and, that somehow flesh, bone, and consciousness originated from rocks. I’m sure he’s okay with that in textbooks everywhere. Surely I guarantee he’s totally on board with atheist teachings in every academic institution that say nothing turns to really cool things like, humans and, planets, and ya know, basketballs.

I’m sure he has no issue with any of that, like teaching religion is a “myth” in university settings.

I’m guessing he doesn’t mind if these players political beliefs are forced upon the basketball players; like oh I don’t know, kneeling and spreading political messaging that the entire state is against while wearing the state uniform DURING games. I’m guessing he’s fine with that.

But oh no, a player with strong moral fiber and religious beliefs puts God first, oh hell no!!!! That’s crossing the line right there. Oscar might have told a few players that he’s not going to the strip club with them, and maybe said they shouldn’t go either, oh my!!

These people are so transparent I wonder if they’d glow with a flashlight in their pocket.

We should never be in a position to where we are having to take transfers from the likes of Georgia.
There’s always exceptions, but I mostly agree with this statement. I remember the UGA poster saying he had no idea why Cal/UK would take Wheeler. Now here we are after two seasons, and I get what he was saying.

Reactions: track42
If Oscar is spreading his faith to his teammates, that is great, that is what he is supposed to do as a Christian. If he offended them by not wanting to drink with them, or smoke marijuana or go to parties, then good for him. Then he is living his faith and not just talking it. For that he is to be commended, not criticized. Maybe if some of these other guys showed the discipline that Oscar does, then there would have been better chemistry. Maybe the others were jealous of the publicity Oscar draws from his play on the court and his faith off the court. Maybe they just couldn't stand that Oscar had the courage to call them out for not giving 100%. Oscar is another example of talent not being utilized to the fullest. When it was obvious to everyone watching the games that certain players were not passing him the ball when he was open, then this used car salesman of a coach should have called time out and told them if it continued, they would gather splinters on the bench. If he had done this in 2015, UK would probably had a perfect record and another NCAA title, but he just sat by and watched the twins throw it all away trying to play heroes.

POSSIBLY?

so you admit that you just made up a bunch of stuff about Oscar. Sounds like a true hater to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT