ADVERTISEMENT

Rumor today on KSR about Wheeler

Wheeler when Calipari says the coast is clear..

AVvXsEjvvS83md_lvcC7oXBLTUVBnRDAvhmFHTRJauEupLFKpsezIRyts_SWvjvSTLgpOEaj9IOAQc--BgaCJJtucIvoMswu0NDpZEgt3RsNcB5VJbD0gv4yO7qA8RNl9E0gM_vwOve282kHO77uAvGv0ZfriVVq3rDHfhz9Ff2WgpglK1BQsPetkJXaCCEK2Q

Someone asked a question on HOB the other day about some rumor of Wheeler point shaving against St. Peter’s. I have no idea what it was about. No idea if he was serious or if it was a joke or what.
I've heard and read some really wild speculation on what Wheeler's issues were. This is a new one. Not saying it isn't true, just that I hadn't heard that one before. But, I'm not on HOB either so...

To me it's very telling just how miserable the guy was and eager to get out of Lexington that he put his name in the portal BEFORE having his post-season meeting with Calipari. It says to me that he decided to transfer some time back and was just running out the clock on the season.

Here's another item for discussion...would it have affected team GPA averages if Wheeler had left the program in the middle of the last semester, after he lost his starting guard job? Or was he just staying to get his degree and be immediately eligible wherever he transfers to?

I've heard and read some really wild speculation on what Wheeler's issues were. This is a new one. Not saying it isn't true, just that I hadn't heard that one before. But, I'm not on HOB either so...

To me it's very telling just how miserable the guy was and eager to get out of Lexington that he put his name in the portal BEFORE having his post-season meeting with Calipari. It says to me that he decided to transfer some time back and was just running out the clock on the season.

Here's another item for discussion...would it have affected team GPA averages if Wheeler had left the program in the middle of the last semester, after he lost his starting guard job? Or was he just staying to get his degree and be immediately eligible wherever he transfers to?
Not saying there’s any legs to that at all. Something that was said and I just so happened to catch.

Reactions: kywildcat41086

Just go back and look at his late game decisions. If he wasn’t point shaving, honestly, I might be a little confused.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
I heard one too. Probably the same thing.
I didn’t bring it up before on this board because it is a heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend type situation. But per a UT scout that was at a Lyon County game scouting TP, Wheeler lives a different lifestyle than your typical college basketball player and Oscar, being as religious as he is, didn’t get along with him because of it. Take that with a grain of salt. I didn’t even want to post that, but the more this all played out, the more likely I found it to probably be truthful. That’s a really stupid thing to cause a team to implode in 2023, but different cultures are conflicting in the locker room.

Totally off topic and I have no idea why I bring it up now, but there’s two types of guys these days. Ones that want to visit the club, and ones that would prefer to work there.
mystique-honorable-mention.gif
Not that there is anything wrong with that. I think most kids today probably don’t care, but I could see that causing issues with someone who is from another culture and deeply religious. I just wish Wheeler well, and I’m glad he’s moving on.

You all seriously need to move on with your lives. Wheeler is gone. You got what you wanted.
Wheeler leaving in no way resolves the issues with the UK basketball program.

Wheeler's actions this year are only a symptom of the root problem of the chaos surrounding this program. Wheeler is just the latest player in a long list of players to be allowed to use the UK basketball program and make a mockery out of the leadership of that program.

Not that there is anything wrong with that. I think most kids today probably don’t care, but I could see that causing issues with someone who is from another culture and deeply religious. I just wish Wheeler well, and I’m glad he’s moving on.

Look I understand how people have to act today. I mean we don’t have to, but it’s we’re doing. I will say that I have no idea about any of it, but there’s a potential bridge there. And I’m sorry (this is not about wheeler), but there’s nothing wrong with a guy not wanting to be in vulnerable positions (locker rooms, showering, being nude) when the guy next to him has a sexual attraction to his friggin body.

I don’t know why we’ve gone so far with this, and I’m actually of the opinion that the constitution grants rights to people it once didn’t whether someone agrees or not, but to suggest there’s something wrong with the straight guy who doesn’t want to be in that situation? Whoever believes that is a sick person and if that’s banworthy then I’m glad to take the ban because I wouldn’t want to be messaging in a place that thinks that way.

Keep your eye on the transfer portal. Alabama just lost a guard. One that played often.
Bottomline they had quality depth and I bet they will again. Quinnerly played 8 less mpg and came off the bench some and didn't quit. They got Sears to come despite what they had. Two years in a row we have been thin down the stretch.

I'm guessing at this point he had very limited options

Exactly. Wheeler quitting was bad, but Oscar is no saint. People praising him are blinded by his faith, no surprise there.
You can't be this bigoted against Christians, surely. At least I hope not.

So, what YOU have to believe to make this statement, is that all of the media, sports reporters, coaches, etc. etc. who all voted for Oscar as Player of the Year only voted for him because of his faith, and that they are all Christians?

I don't know who hurt you in the Church, but you need to move on from that. If you choose not to believe like Oscar, that is your privilege. But it is also Oscar's privilege to believe how he believes, even if you don't approve of his faith. You don't have the right to tell anyone how to believe or what to believe in.

Oscar is not perfect. He made way more mistakes this year than he should have. Maybe it was NIL, maybe all the awards went to his head, MAYBE there were team chemistry issues. I watched Toppin and Wheeler refuse to pass him the ball when he was posted up on the blocks over and over again, especially early in the season.

What you can't accuse Oscar of is not giving his all or not caring about playing for the University of KY. You certainly can't say that about some of his teammates, regardless of their religion.

Last edited:
When Wheeler finds a new spot, or better yet, reveals where he’s decided to take his talents, then he will make remarks about his time at Kentucky.

He won’t have Cal as a filter and we will see what Wheeler really has to say
If Wheeler does indeed air dirty laundry at his new destination then we'll know he was the issue. What is it Cal says about throwing a rock into a pack of dogs? The one who yelps is the one ya hit.

This thread has turned a corner. Probably should be locked up now before too many get in here and start going crazy.

I didn’t catch it, what part? Religion and such?

Eh, I mean it is what it is. It might be a part of our team situation so, I don’t see an issue. And locking threads over something as minor as this thread is kinda eh….

People need to lighten up. Missouri just opened legal dispensaries 20 minutes from me in Tennessee. Headed out tomorrow to grab some OG and hit the cabin house on Black Lake. You are more than welcome to join.

I didn’t catch it, what part? Religion and such?

Eh, I mean it is what it is. It might be a part of our team situation so, I don’t see an issue. And locking threads over something as minor as this thread is kinda eh….

People need to lighten up. Missouri just opened legal dispensaries 20 minutes from me in Tennessee. Headed out tomorrow to grab some OG and hit the cabin house on Black Lake. You are more than welcome to join.
Would love to. Have to work. I’m totally L7 though, so would be no fun.

I have to believe that if the coach of a program Wheeler wants to transfer into does his due diligence, there might be a limited number of places for the kid to land. Whatever the issues were at UK, Wheeler was obviously in the middle of it. Many coaches will hard pass on a potential problem player. But, others will take a chance. It's kinda like getting a good reference from a past employer. I'm sure Calipari won't torpedo the kid as that could be used against him. But, I wonder if there are others who would?

Wheeler was just annoying, he was a problem, and he was not a good basketball player. Period. Our team vastly improved in many areas once he quit. I’m very glad he quit, but Calipari protecting a guy like wheeler is just sick. It shows how bad off the guys ego has become.

He cares nothing about our program and should be fired for incompetence. Take it to court.

And lol at anyone still not understanding what Wheeler is. Anyone who’s played sports most of their lives or coached knows exactly what this is. It couldn’t be anything else. So either those types have never been a part of sports scenes, or they’re just kinda slower on this type of deal. No other way around it.
The AD at Kentucky really cares what a drama queen who has a sick,
pathological hatred for the coach and at least 1 player thinks about hiw to run his team.

apparently Matt Jones is the only source the OP has

i guess he will make another"Matt Jones says" thread tomorrow

I noticed when Wheeler was in the game he rarely passed the ball to Oscar.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT