ADVERTISEMENT

Rumor today on KSR about Wheeler

Wheeler was just annoying, he was a problem, and he was not a good basketball player. Period. Our team vastly improved in many areas once he quit. I’m very glad he quit, but Calipari protecting a guy like wheeler is just sick. It shows how bad off the guys ego has become.

He cares nothing about our program and should be fired for incompetence. Take it to court.

And lol at anyone still not understanding what Wheeler is. Anyone who’s played sports most of their lives or coached knows exactly what this is. It couldn’t be anything else. So either those types have never been a part of sports scenes, or they’re just kinda slower on this type of deal. No other way around it.

This is the problem with the program right there.A disaster of a loss South Carolina and a guy like Wheeler doesn't give a shit to try to figure things out with the rest of the team.His ass should have been gone then but Cal is still protecting him.

Go back and watch games from early in the season, you will see how Wheeler chose to not get Oscar the ball.

I can’t remember the game, but I will never forget early at some point Oscar was jumping up and down wide open under the basket, wheeler clearly saw him, and turned back to (believe it was Toppin) and fed the ball away back to the wing. And there’s no way he didn’t see Oscar. And I watched as they went back down the court (after a missed jump shot no less) and Oscar had his hands up like wtf?

Wish I could remember the game. It happened more than once, but that one was so obvious it was nuts.

Also, once he quit there were times the entire team would be dressed in a certain color way, and wheeler would be in opposite attire. Just those little things that people who have played have seen before with team cancers.

I think Calipari mishandled wheeler worse than anyone I’ve seen him mishandle. That guy couldn’t deal with the reality he wasn’t a good player because Calipari convinced him he was. So glad now he gets to find out under a real coach somewhere that he ain’t sht.

There have been many posts here about rumors suggesting that Sahvir and Oscar did not get along.
I have no clue whether there is any truth to them, nor anything about the injuries surrounding Wheeler.

I may certainly be wrong, but I do not recall ever hearing Sahvir or Oscar ever accepting blame for mistakes on the court and admitting they played poorly. I've always thought it was a bit strange, especially by Oscar, because he seemed to be interviewed so often and perceived as a team leader. I cannot help but wonder if somehow this was a symptom of a problem that might have existed. Hard to really know ... of course. No excuses ... everybody needs to man up, especially veterans like Sahvir and Oscar.

There have been many posts here about rumors suggesting that Sahvir and Oscar did not get along.
I have no clue whether there is any truth to them, nor anything about the injuries surrounding Wheeler.

I may certainly be wrong, but I do not recall ever hearing Sahvir or Oscar ever accepting blame for mistakes on the court and admitting they played poorly. I've always thought it was a bit strange, especially by Oscar, because he seemed to be interviewed so often and perceived as a team leader. I cannot help but wonder if somehow this was a symptom of a problem that might have existed. Hard to really know ... of course. No excuses ... everybody needs to man up, especially veterans like Sahvir and Oscar.
It was definitely never Oscars fault. Never! Can’t really recall any interviews with SW specifically. But just watching on the court even, Oscar was completely dumbfounded every time his guy stole his lunch money.

I can’t remember the game, but I will never forget early at some point Oscar was jumping up and down wide open under the basket, wheeler clearly saw him, and turned back to (believe it was Toppin) and fed the ball away back to the wing. And there’s no way he didn’t see Oscar. And I watched as they went back down the court (after a missed jump shot no less) and Oscar had his hands up like wtf?

Wish I could remember the game. It happened more than once, but that one was so obvious it was nuts.

Also, once he quit there were times the entire team would be dressed in a certain color way, and wheeler would be in opposite attire. Just those little things that people who have played have seen before with team cancers.

I think Calipari mishandled wheeler worse than anyone I’ve seen him mishandle. That guy couldn’t deal with the reality he wasn’t a good player because Calipari convinced him he was. So glad now he gets to find out under a real coach somewhere that he ain’t sht.
I saw that a few times this year. I think a lot had to do with the NIL money Oscar was getting and sending home.

It was definitely never Oscars fault. Never! Can’t really recall any interviews with SW specifically. But just watching on the court even, Oscar was completely dumbfounded every time his guy stole his lunch money.
That's kinda the way I saw things, too. Like you, I don't recall interviews with Sahvir, either.
Head-scratching stuff ... but who knows ??

Agree.Not a good look for Oscar when he calls out others in the media.

Reactions: LmdCat
He was unavailable next game, probably suspended. Then he came off the bench after that. Got one start when Wallace was out. The next game, he was back to coming off the bench, and that must have been what was the final thing that made him quit, because he didn't play again.

Sahvir should have never been at UK. Would have much rather been watching Marcus Carr in blue for the past 2 seasons.
I agree. I also find it interesting that Texas, Alabama, Miami, Gonzaga, and other top 20 teams were able to bring in portal guards even though they already had starters and the staffs were able to sell/manage the competition and build depth.

I agree. I also find it interesting that Texas, Alabama, Miami, Gonzaga, and other top 20 teams were able to bring in portal guards even though they already had starters and the staffs were able to sell/manage the competition and build depth.
I understand your point and it is valid, but there are many teams talking with quality players in the portal. Every player I see seems to list a bunch of quality schools showing interest, which is understandable. We can make our best pitch, of course, but nothing is automatic about them agreeing to come here.

You don’t know that they’re lying and never will. Move on with your life. And I agree, the culture of our fans picking a whipping boy every year really does need to be addressed.
Don't talk about what's going on during the season, just let it play out! Don't talk about it after the season because it's over move on with your life. Same as the Sharpe thing. Just don't talk about it!

Not quite sure what this means, but whatever was Oscars fault, doesn’t stack up to anything that is Calipari or Wheelers fault. He was the NPOY and returned, cares about the program, and without him? We would have been in back to back NIT’s. So any shade thrown at Oscar is completely stupid, regardless.

When Wheeler finds a new spot, or better yet, reveals where he’s decided to take his talents, then he will make remarks about his time at Kentucky.

He won’t have Cal as a filter and we will see what Wheeler really has to say

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT