ADVERTISEMENT

Round 2 - Cowtown Cat vs. DraftCat

Who would win head to head

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DraftCat

Senior
Nov 5, 2011
Welcome to the All-Time College Basketball Playoffs for the last 20 years. (2001-2021) *As long as they played in 1 game that year they are eligible*

The objective was to build a team of 10 players that would win head to head vs your opponent such as March Madness.

Bracket

Round 2 Matchup

@Cowtown Cat - Zion Williamson, Shabazz Napier, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Kawhi Leonard, Bam Adebayo, Doron Lamb, Mike Dunleavy, Marvin Bagley, DeAaron Fox, Devin Booker

vs.

@DraftCat - J.J Redick, Jalen Brunson, John Wall, Demarcus Cousins, Jodie Meeks, Nerlens Noel, Shelden Williams, Derrick Williams, Deandre Ayton, Andrew Wiggins

Let’s not act like we haven’t had a plethora of the best players of the last 20 years, at UK. Saying otherwise would be foolish IMO.

That's way too general a claim to support two teams having nine guys from one college.

Duke dominated recruiting, won three titles in that time frame, essentially has an extra decade on us as we struggled for half of those 20 years, and has 5 guys represented here.

Anyway, this should be fun. Watching two people sell the same thing to the same audience at the same time will be a blast.

That's way too general a claim to support two teams having nine guys from one college.

Duke dominated recruiting, won three titles in that time frame, essentially has an extra decade on us as we struggled for half of those 20 years, and has 5 guys represented here.

Anyway, this should be fun. Watching two people sell the same thing to the same audience at the same time will be a blast.
Well, there’s five duke players between the two teams as well. UK struggled for ten years?! That’s not accurate at all. Tubby had several really good teams.

Well, there’s five duke players between the two teams as well. UK struggled for ten years?! That’s not accurate at all. Tubby had several really good teams.

That's what I said. Basically half as many Duke players despite them winning three times the titles, getting the best recruits, etc.

No one had a stronger last 20 years than they did but somehow there are twice as many Cats.

Anyway, y'all proceed. Pretend I'm not here.

Bam
Zion
MKG
Lamb
Napier

Who checks Zion? 😆

Double bigs.... I'd run one off the floor IMO to force you to a more traditional line up if I use Derrick Williams in my starting line up. Too athletic and fast for Bam

My starting 5 vs yours

Jalen Brunson
JJ Redick
Andrew Wiggins
Derrick Williams -
DeAndre Ayton

Two good posters, Two good teams, Two good avatars.

Here's what I see negative on each side.

1) Draft- Awesome avatar. However, there appears to be a cord running into meaning she could be a robot.

2) Cowtown- Awesome avatar, as always. However, I heard from a friend that click on your avatar, to make it bigger. It has the audacity to tell you, this member limits who may see their profile. To be clear, I heard that from a friend.

Pretty sure everyone on rafters, knew about number two lol.

I don't post much, typing is a pain with my hands. Anyway, I had to comment with two of my favorite posters in a battle. Really good teams and love the Wildcat representation. I think lineups could make a big difference. If I make the lineups I know who I would give it to, still close. So if you guys get a chance, will you give us your lineups and I'll hold my vote off. To be clear I was just playing, so it's all in good fun, on the avatar stuff.

1) Draft- Awesome avatar. However, there appears to be a cord running into meaning she could be a robot.

2) Cowtown- Awesome avatar, as always. However, I heard from a friend that click on your avatar, to make it bigger. It has the audacity to tell you, this member limits who may see their profile. To be clear, I heard that from a friend.

I don't post much, typing is a pain with my hands. Anyway, I had to comment with two of my favorite posters in a battle. Really good teams and love the Wildcat representation. I think lineups could make a big difference. If I make the lineups I know who I would give it to, still close. So if you guys get a chance, will you give us your lineups and I'll hold my vote off. To be clear I was just playing, so it's all in good fun, on the avatar stuff.

Just posted ours while you were writing this post!

LOL I got an old house so I have a long cord from my router to my office... gotta call Spectrum to get another internet plug

Reactions: Fgpoe03
I think my combination of Williams, Noel and Ayton is enough to slow down his bigs elite shot blocking and defense.... resulting in who has the better guards.

Wall, Brunson and JJ Redick is superior to his trio of guards.

Wait, Nerlens Noel is going to slow down his elite defenders? With what scoring ability?

That's what I said. Basically half as many Duke players despite them winning three times the titles, getting the best recruits, etc.

No one had a stronger last 20 years than they did but somehow there are twice as many Cats.

Anyway, y'all proceed. Pretend I'm not here.
Go gonzo.......

Do those things really need to be any “bigger”?! I mean really?! Just giving you a hard time! 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Fgpoe03
I think he meant to put a period after the word big. And was trying to say Nerlens and company were elite defenders and shot blockers.
Yeah, I believe you’re right. I still don’t see anyone that can matchup with Zion. That dude is just a tough cover. He’s also an automatic bucket inside of five feet. As is Bagley.

Please go vote for my team in the other thread and tell your friends by spreading the word on social media using #DicksOutForDraymond.

You can also use that as a promo code at any Subway location for half off a footlong sandwich. Tell them gonzo sent you.

In this particular matchup - Jodie Meeks and JJ. Redick both went off for 20+ points from 3 point land on high % .

Trading 3's for 2's is not a good strategy for Cow Town.

This is Gonzo's way of historically setting the stage for future drafts when people consider voting for any team but his.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Haven’t paid any attention until now...are we supposed to judge these guys based on how they played in college, or however we choose?

For example, college Booker and 2021 Booker are slightly different.

Haven’t paid any attention until now...are we supposed to judge these guys based on how they played in college, or however we choose?

For example, college Booker and 2021 Booker are slightly different.
Yes, you base it on how they played in college. So you get no-defense, streaky shooting version of Booker as opposed to the guy who just torched his way through the Western Conference playoffs.

Reactions: Aike
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT