ADVERTISEMENT

Round 1 MbergCat vs. JHannibalSmith

Who wins the most championships over a 5 year period

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DraftCat

Senior
Nov 5, 2011
Welcome to the 2022 Rupp Rafters NBA Draft - the objective is to draft a team of 10 players that give you the best chance at multiple championships over a 5 year period.

Voters please select the team you believe accomplished this object... This round will be 48 hours. You will be able to change your pick if swayed by the two players. This is the bracket

@MbergCat - Karl Towns, Jimmy Butler, Tyrese Maxey, Desmond Bane, Scottie Barnes, Malik Monk, Isaiagh, Jackson, Cam Reddish, PJ Washington, Shaedon Sharpe

vs.

@JHannibalSmith - Trae Young, Anthony Davis, CJ McCollum, Julius Randle, Jalen Green, Christian Wood, Gordon Hayward, Wendell Carter, Derrick White, Bogdan Bogdanovic

Reactions: chroix
Starting Lineup [age in parentheses]

PG Trae Young 6-1 (23) 28ppg/4 reb/10 assists/1 steal
SG CJ McCollum 6-3 (30) 22/4/5/1
SF Jalen Green 6-5 (20) 17/3/3/1
PF Julius Randle 6-9 (27) 20/10/5/1/1
C Anthony Davis 6-10 (29) 23/10/3/1/2

Bench

PG Derrick White 6-4 (27) 13/4/5/1/1
SG Bogdan Bogdanovic 6-6 (29) 15/4/3/1
SF Gordon Hayward 6-7 (31) 16/5/4/1
PF Christian Wood 6-10 (26) 18/10/2/1/1
C Wendell Carter 6-10 (23) 15/11/3/1/1

Depth Chart

PG Trae Young, Derrick White
SG CJ McCollum, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Jalen Green
SF Jalen Green, Gordon Hayward, Bogdan Bogdanovic
PF Julius Randle, Christian Wood, Gordon Hayward, Wendell Carter, Anthony Davis
C Anthony Davis, Wendell Carter, Christian Wood

Scoring, rebounding, versatility & chemistry should be this team’s biggest strengths. There is a solid mix of shooting & good defensive players & the ability to put 5 on the floor at all times who can match up with ANY style. Also, a nice mix of youth with veteran leadership. 6-7 of the 10 are either in their prime or about to enter it, with none becoming too old to be a major contributor over the next 5 years. They’re all willing & effective passers & although I only have 2 true PGs, 4 others have the ability to facilitate. It’s a deep team for a 10 player roster as they go at least 3 deep at every position with the exception of PG, but others can facilitate if need be, as mentioned above.

Also, they’re all good enough shooters that defenses will have to respect them from the perimeter, with over half who shot at least 37% from 3 this season or in the very recent past. They would be elite with spacing the floor & that would make a pick & roll with Trae & AD very hard to stop.

Jalen Green struggled out of the gate to begin his rookie season but picked up his game in a big way around the mid season point. After the all-star break he averaged 22ppg while shooting 40% from 3. He also became the first rookie since Allen Iverson to have 4 consecutive 30 point games. He will be a 25+/6/5 type wing player within a cpl seasons, if not next year, IMO.

This team should rebound as well or better than any in the tournament with 4 of the top 18 rebounders in 2022. The four averaged at least 10 reb/game with a nice combination of bruisers & athletic bigs.

Not gonna try to tear down my opponent’s team as he has a ton of individual talent. Even if he did take 6/10 UK players. Only negative thing I’ll say is that if we’re going by real life, I don’t see how Towns & Butler could coexist without causing major distractions. And, he has Shaedon Sharpe, lol. j/k. Good luck to you, @MbergCat

Team Mberg coming in hot! Starting, we've got:
PG - Tyrese Maxey 6-2 (21) 17.5 ppg, 3 rpg, 4 apg
SG - Desmond Bane 6-5 (23) 18 ppg, 4 rpg, 3 apg
SF - Jimmy Buckets 6-7 (32) 21 ppg, 6 rpg, 5.5 apg
PF - Scottie Barnes 6-7 (20) 15 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 3.5 apg
C - Karl-Anthony Townes 6-11 (26) 25 ppg, 10 rpg, 3.5 apg

I know what you're thinking, Townes and Butler reunited? Gotta be an awful idea. No sir! They've both matured with their time away from one another. This is a defensive team through and through. Hard nosed as they come, with a solid bench to give back up minutes at each position.

This team will also get buckets! Three guys who average around 20 ppg, not to mention a supporting cast that can get that plus more on any given night. This team is young, full of fire, and full of former Wildcats. And these former Cats are legit, there are no bench warmers here. Come on down for Muhlenberg Madness!

*edit* I do have one bench warmer. His name is Shaedon Sharpe and he will forever be picking splinters out of his butt.

Last edited:
Starting Lineup [age in parentheses]

PG Trae Young 6-1 (23) 28ppg/4 reb/10 assists/1 steal
SG CJ McCollum 6-3 (30) 22/4/5/1
SF Jalen Green 6-5 (20) 17/3/3/1
PF Julius Randle 6-9 (27) 20/10/5/1/1
C Anthony Davis 6-10 (29) 23/10/3/1/2

Bench

PG Derrick White 6-4 (27) 13/4/5/1/1
SG Bogdan Bogdanovic 6-6 (29) 15/4/3/1
SF Gordon Hayward 6-7 (31) 16/5/4/1
PF Christian Wood 6-10 (26) 18/10/2/1/1
C Wendell Carter 6-10 (23) 15/11/3/1/1

Depth Chart

PG Trae Young, Derrick White
SG CJ McCollum, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Jalen Green
SF Jalen Green, Gordon Hayward, Bogdan Bogdanovic
PF Julius Randle, Christian Wood, Gordon Hayward, Wendell Carter, Anthony Davis
C Anthony Davis, Wendell Carter, Christian Wood

Scoring, rebounding, versatility & chemistry should be this team’s biggest strengths. There is a solid mix of shooting & good defensive players & the ability to put 5 on the floor at all times who can match up with ANY style. Also, a nice mix of youth with veteran leadership. 6-7 of the 10 are either in their prime or about to enter it, with none becoming too old to be a major contributor over the next 5 years. They’re all willing & effective passers & although I only have 2 true PGs, 4 others have the ability to facilitate. It’s a deep team for a 10 player roster as they go at least 3 deep at every position with the exception of PG, but others can facilitate if need be, as mentioned above.

Also, they’re all good enough shooters that defenses will have to respect them from the perimeter, with over half who shot at least 37% from 3 this season or in the very recent past. They would be elite with spacing the floor & that would make a pick & roll with Trae & AD very hard to stop.

Jalen Green struggled out of the gate to begin his rookie season but picked up his game in a big way around the mid season point. After the all-star break he averaged 22ppg while shooting 40% from 3. He also became the first rookie since Allen Iverson to have 4 consecutive 30 point games. He will be a 25+/6/5 type wing player within a cpl seasons, if not next year, IMO.

This team should rebound as well or better than any in the tournament with 4 of the top 18 rebounders in 2022. The four averaged at least 10 reb/game with a nice combination of bruisers & athletic bigs.

Not gonna try to tear down my opponent’s team as he has a ton of individual talent. Even if he did take 6/10 UK players. Only negative thing I’ll say is that if we’re going by real life, I don’t see how Towns & Butler could coexist without causing major distractions. And, he has Shaedon Sharpe, lol. j/k. Good luck to you, @MbergCat
I took Shaedon Sharpe, that way he could never get off the bench. Even though he does seem to like it there.

AD already hurt
Maybe so. That’s why I drafted quality depth behind him. Wood is about to enter his prime at 26 & is a 38% career 3pt shooter at 6-10. Averaged 18/10/2 this season. And, Wendell Carter is a bruiser already averaging 15/11/3 at 23 years old. Really only need AD to be healthy 3/5 years, anyway.

Welcome to the 2022 Rupp Rafters NBA Draft - the objective is to draft a team of 10 players that give you the best chance at multiple championships over a 5 year period.

Voters please select the team you believe accomplished this object... This round will be 48 hours. You will be able to change your pick if swayed by the two players. This is the bracket

@MbergCat - Karl Towns, Jimmy Butler, Tyrese Maxey, Desmond Bane, Scottie Barnes, Malik Monk, Isaiagh, Jackson, Cam Reddish, PJ Washington, Shaedon Sharpe

vs.

@JHannibalSmith - Trae Young, Anthony Davis, CJ McCollum, Julius Randle, Jalen Green, Christian Wood, Gordon Hayward, Wendell Carter, Derrick White, Bogdan Bogdanovic
Hannibal's bench absolutely annihilates Mbergs.

Last edited:
Reactions: JHannibalSmith
That’s the difference, IMO. He has a guy who hasn’t even played a COLLEGE game. Lol. But, 4/5 are in some way associated with UK & ppl love having the keys dangled in front of them.
Right. I mean his bench is nothing but rotational pieces and Shadeon Sharpe. If the players are listed in the order they were picked...Your last pick Bogdon is better than any of his bench players. I forgot Isaiah Jackson was even in the NBA.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
Right. I mean his bench is nothing but rotational pieces and Shadeon Sharpe. If the players are listed in the order they were picked...Your last pick Bogdon is better than any of his bench players. I forgot Isaiah Jackson was even in the NBA.
Agree to disagree...

• Haha
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT