ADVERTISEMENT

Round 1 Cowtown Cat vs. LukaszObrzut

Who wins the most championships over a 5 year period

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DraftCat

Senior
Nov 5, 2011
Welcome to the 2022 Rupp Rafters NBA Draft - the objective is to draft a team of 10 players that give you the best chance at multiple championships over a 5 year period.

Voters please select the team you believe accomplished this object... This round will be 48 hours. You will be able to change your pick if swayed by the two players. This is the bracket

@Cowtown Cat - Steph Curry, Khris Middleton - Domantas Sabonis, Malcolm Brogdon, John Collins, Terry Rozier, Spencer Dinwiddie, Kelly Oubre, Montrezl Harrell, Robert Covington

vs.

@LukaszObrzut - Lebron James, Paul George, Pascal Siakam, Darius Garland, Dorian Finney Smith, Draymond Green, Herb Jones, Immanuel Quickley, Dillon Brooks, Patrick Williams

I’ll have an argument later
but I’ve built a team capable of winning now and later

my defense and play making from all 5 spots will be the difference.

teams will not be able to take advantage of big guy who’s incapable of playing defense on a switch and will be able to switch on all 5 positions

I’ll have an argument later
but I’ve built a team capable of winning now and later

my defense and play making from all 5 spots will be the difference.

teams will not be able to take advantage of big guy who’s incapable of playing defense on a switch and will be able to switch on all 5 positions
You ain't winning later, got my vote cause you can win now.

• Haha
Reactions: LukaszObrzut
Garland is the proven young talent- he would start/see as many minutes see fit the team in real life
——-
young defenders proven worthy on their squads this year these guys arent sure things for certainty superstars but can already provide success on win now teams w/years for peak
———-
Brooks 26 is fearless- will be hitting a career peak-
———-
overall the playoffs have been proven size(lack of length on wings) see nets true post guys are irrelevant

Which is why I built a team capable of defending anyone with no sure fire weakness (Mavs vs Gobert)

You ain't winning later, got my vote cause you can win now.

I see at least 3 starters on my opposition’s team that’s in their 30s. This is a 5 year deal, right? 🤔
Check out the current NBA teams having success in the playoffs.. do they not have players in their 30’s? Late 30’s?

Heck Lebron basically had the scoring title this year.

You’ll see no more than 3 bc only 3 out of 10 are at least 30

Last edited:
Check out the current NBA teams having success in the playoffs.. do they not have players in their 30’s? Late 30’s?

Heck Lebron basically had the scoring title this year.

You’ll see no more than 3 bc only 3 out of 10 are at least 30
In 5 years Lebron will be going on 43. Draymond and Paul George will be 37. 😆

In 5 years Lebron will be going on 43. Draymond and Paul George will be 37. 😆
Yes. You’re right- which is why I’d be most likely to win in year 1-3

however, my younger core is still better
Do we put no stock into Garland? Quickley? Jones? Williams

26 year old Brooks?
I’d rather have those guys than a washed up 35 year old Brogdon?

Stephen Curry 37

what players are your future in 5 years?
no one is a franchise worthy even in consideration?

Garland / Quickley
George / Jones / Quickley
Lebron / Brooks / George
Siakam / Finney Smith / Williams
Draymond / Siakam

Yes. You’re right- which is why I’d be most likely to win in year 1-3

however, my younger core is still better
Do we put no stock into Garland? Quickley? Jones? Williams

26 year old Brooks?
I’d rather have those guys than a washed up 35 year old Brogdon?
Sabonis, Collins, Rozier and Oubre are all really good young players. Brogdon is a good all around guard when healthy. He’s 29 by the way.

Stephen Curry 37

what players are your future in 5 years?
no one is a franchise worthy even in consideration?
LOL Sabonis, Collins and Rozier are excellent young guys. Sabonis averaged 19, 12 and 5 this past season. Collins put up 18 and 8, while shooting 37% from 3. Rozier averaged 19, 4 and 4 and shot 37% from 3.

This one is very close in my opinion. I also like how passionate both of you guys are. I’m with @LukaszObrzut by a hair right now because I loved the Garland pick. Sabonis is probably the best player in the league no one wants to talk about. Great matchup

Sabonis, Collins, Rozier and Oubre are all really good young players. Brogdon is a good all around guard when healthy. He’s 29 by the way.
Great players. But in their prime ages now and we already know what that produces and it’s getting shipped off when teams rebuild.

This one is very close in my opinion. I also like how passionate both of you guys are. I’m with @LukaszObrzut by a hair right now because I loved the Garland pick. Sabonis is probably the best player in the league no one wants to talk about. Great matchup

Huge fan of the way Sabonis plays-

I drafted based on what my eyes see this year in playoffs. Some guys are great regular season guys but get abused when the X/O’s are put in place with win or go home on the line (not specifically talking about Sabonis) but who knows-

I feel all of my win now players are highly successful on defense- with a lot of play making on offense

To add, my young players, who have already showed potential will be in their peak years soon.

Last edited:
LOL Sabonis, Collins and Rozier are excellent young guys. Sabonis averaged 19, 12 and 5 this past season. Collins put up 18 and 8, while shooting 37% from 3. Rozier averaged 19, 4 and 4 and shot 37% from 3.
You’ve missed the point. To me they are not good enough support to win it all now and are not considered “young” 5 years from now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT