ADVERTISEMENT

Rob Dillingham

His ball handling is elite. He’s trying to figure out the best way to score at this level. He will figure it out. He can affect a game just playing point and passing the ball the way he can create.
With our depth time is something we do have. Ni need to rush the process.

The good news is that he seems to be unselfish despite being a "showy" player, so hopefully that means he will take his time to develop, and he will start to understand that he desperately needs to improve his outside shot if he wants to really impact the game at this level, especially given his size. If he allows defenders to sag off him, that negates his biggest weapon, which is the drive.

6 points 9 assists tonight he seems fine to me….

Only 1 turnover in 2 games and his assist are crisp.

9 assists 1 turnover = the game is too fast for him 🤦🏻‍♂️
The OP after he opened this thread back up and saw these responses:

0d7d4c29-8d0f-49c4-acaa-7587f3558ab2_text.gif

His ball handling is elite. He’s trying to figure out the best way to score at this level. He will figure it out. He can affect a game just playing point and passing the ball the way he can create.
Having a guy like Ulis on the staff should be a great help with this. I could see them spending a lot of time in the film room.

Always thought this backcourt could be top 3/4 in the country, as long as youth didn’t hurt too much. Looks like the backcourt is gonna be just fine. Dilly, Reeves, Shep, Wagner and Edwards to an extent. WOW! Gonna be a fun season IMO.
Im no talent scout, but it looks to me like the people that said this freshman class is weak were wrong. IMO that was complete bs.

The only thing that may stop us from getting number 9 is the nickname Dilly.

He is Rob. Or Bob.

Last edited:
Rob is going to need some time. Game is still too fast it looks.
Dillingham is potentially an impact player, but I agree the game is coming a little too fast right now. His speed and handle are elite. He is thinking too much, and I suspect he does not want to get tagged as a guy who takes bad shots. That tells me that he is trying to develop the mindset of a point player. Sheppard already possesses that mindset. I suspect Dillingham's role will get defined by how well he masters his defensive game.

me fickle and can change direction on a dime.. I had been a give DJ the ball guy, and was still of that opinion after first game. This second game Dilly was the better PG and showed me how our drink can be stirred with a lean, mean, faster, change speed more, more athletic pg. He was the better PG last nite. Made me think that if Reed and Dilly were backcourt, I get excited - speed and brains.

9 assists 1 turnover = the game is too fast for him 🤦🏻‍♂️
Not defending by any means; but im thinking he was talking about dillys game is still to fast.... possibly. He just seems to be in a bigher gear than anyone on the court. Lightning fast; and when he does learn to utilize that shewwww. Watch out!

Maybe it is from an NBA standpoint? What I saw in that McD AA game were a bunch of players that didn't want to lose. Not typical of a AA game. You can see the fight in all our Freshmen.
Edwards is a prototype for what the NBA is looking for as is Bradshaw. The guards don’t really have prototypical size but Dillingham has the speed and handle, DJ has the strength and Reed has the basketball IQ to make it. Hell, I think Brurks will make it eventually.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT