ADVERTISEMENT

Ridiculously negative children...

You made some bad posts this week. Just own it, eat your crow and move on.
11 posts in 18 years and you chose this thread to post in? I never make a bad post, I sometimes do not use the correct words, but I always say what I feel, if that troubles you,well, that is on you. I did eat my crow.

I'll continue if you tell me: did you play a college sport?

no

and I assume you're about to tell me you did,

but by all means if you did, please tell me what sport, position, college and your career stats. If you're going to throw it out there, then at least be arrogant enough to completely own it.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
th_post-1-67835-congrats_this_thread_is_gay.jpg

Well, even though I am an optimist, I try not to get too high, or too low. But, I am really happy with the win, and it happened because they are starting to listen to Cal. Spacing was better, defense was better, and they started to look confident in what they were trying to do. They beat a really good team today, and if they keep improving, they will be tough to beat in league play. All those who have been down on them need to remember the old saying, you are never as good as you think you are, or as bad as you think you are. This team struggled while it was finding itself, but I look for good things going forward.
We can, more or less, divide UK basketball fans into 3 groupings based on their comprehension of what all of us have seen for 10 years and are seeing now.

Group 1. These UK fans cannot embrace the OAD era. Some are older, respectful of traditions, and never got comfortable with players deliberately using UK's coaches and facilities for a year or two, so they can get to the NBA draft as quickly as possible. I respect these fans and their appreciation for older ways. But I would ask them, honestly, if they will be happier if UK's coaches stop recruiting hs players with NBA talent and ambition. Safe to say, they won't be happier at the end of the day. Times change, so all of us must adjust with the times.

Group 2. These are the immediate gratification fans. Many tend to be younger, but some are older guys who live their lives vicariously through UK basketball news. Winning the recruiting class rankings is just about as important to them as winning a national championship. Any 5 star who signs with UK is vindication for their hunger for continuous national headlines. But any 5 star who signs somewhere else is stupid, or else on the take. All UK players must perform like Kevin Durant or Seth Curry in every game. Missing shots is inexcusable. If we lose a game, our coach is over the hill. If we lose two games, our coach is on the hot seat. There is no message to these disconnected people, because nothing will ever make them happy.

Group 3. These fans make an effort to understand the times and adapt. They understand recruiting the best hs players in the country means you take kids with NBA ambitions. These fans can be young or older. They understand UK basketball is succeeding in a highly competitive world in which many other college basketball programs simply can't keep up. They see what has happened to UCLA, UConn, and Georgetown. They understand no team wins every game. So they make an effort to show patience for freshmen and the occasional sophomore, and they look forward to March.

Reactions: Ben101er
I would say there is a 4th fan

One who understands a good team can have a bad year, but can look at past history to determine that success is determined by specific construction and development of a team. If multiple teams don't have that development, they get frustrated with the rinse, lather and repeat process that doesn't bear results.

Its nothing to do with tradition or instant gratification and the vision isn't game to game, its season over season.

To me it just depends. I mean you got positive and negative fans for every sport but the ones that are negative to a point of ridiculousness SHOULD be called out.

I mean it's one thing to have a negative outlook on things but just take it to the extreme where at some point it does need called out.

I just some wouldn't so completely conflate negativity with realism. Of course there are negative parts of reality and they will be pertinent to an assessment but in of its self a dour and parsimonious viewpoint isn't being real anymore than being a Pollyanna all the live long day.

I know it was a loss to a decent but far from top shelf team but I wasn't in head hanging mode with the Seaton Hall game because I really believed that we were starting to turn some corners despite not having the outcome we hoped for.
The defense took a step forward to my eyes, we seemed less loose with ball, and the most important thing is we didn't wilt. Yeah, we lost but we didn't fold and that toughness and fight will be it's own reward.

Of course losing sucks ass but I feel it was still the beginning of the turning of the tide.
We still have a long way to go but I think we have a more than reasonable chance to get there.

Where I'm surprised myself is the evolution of Reid and PJ working together on the floor. I thought their strengths and weaknesses were just too similar but they are really a nice tandem down low. Two effective guys down low that share the ball and create is a hell of a luxury in this day and age.

I still want Richards and Montgomery to grow and give us the ability to present different looks particularly on defense but more and more my confidence grows that Washington and Travis can work and work well as a unit.

Hagans is making his move and I think eventually he will even be okay shooting because his free throws are good which is usually a strong indication of the potential to at least be decent from the outside though it might not be this year but it could be.

Herro I think is playing well overall even though the 3 isn't falling as we'd hope or expect. When and if those drop teams will be run toward the exits.

Keldon is a stud and growing. I don't think he gets anywhere near the conversation he deserves. I don't care about the recruiting rankings, I see him as comfortably a top 5 guy. I'll take him over anyone but Williamson and he has room to grow.
I'd think his shooting would be drawing more praise. Kid is knocking them down almost without notice around here anyway. Did we upgrade the 3 spot from a lottery selection last year? Maybe so! Just quiet like for some reason.

Okay...? Just had to throw some shade in there eh?
Not throwing shade. Just no reason for you to be negative.

I offer an opinion Some like it, some don’t. Yet I have never said a player or coach should leave or stay. I do not regraded our players. There are many that do.

I do offer a thought and tend back it up with facts. If some can’t handle that, I am ok with it.

I posted I didn't think Kentucky would beat uncheat based off their current season performance you started trash talking me along with your gay buddies.
Now you just said the same thing here as I did. How does it feel to be 2 faced?

I didn’t think we’d beat UNC either ? Just stop , you’re making a fool of yourself again

no

and I assume you're about to tell me you did,

but by all means if you did, please tell me what sport, position, college and your career stats. If you're going to throw it out there, then at least be arrogant enough to completely own it.
You want to fight, but I wanted to discuss.
I'm not playing your game. Hat tip. Merry Christmas

I would say there is a 4th fan

One who understands a good team can have a bad year, but can look at past history to determine that success is determined by specific construction and development of a team. If multiple teams don't have that development, they get frustrated with the rinse, lather and repeat process that doesn't bear results.

Its nothing to do with tradition or instant gratification and the vision isn't game to game, its season over season.
Those fans fit into category #3 in my post.

On a neutral floor, I believed we had a great chance to heat North Carolina. Why wouldn't I? We are UK. It's the end of December, we have only been playing on Saturday while practicing all week, and this is usually the time of the season when Cal's young teams start to play better. UK's front court was always going to be a tough tactical matchup for North Carolina. Anyone who didn't see we just needed a breakout game from a guard to bury North Carolina hasn't seen much UK basketball in recent years, or didn't pay much attention.

Reactions: willievic
ahh..ok, so based on your comment you think they are a finished product because we beat Carolina yesterday?

I said intensity, I chose my words carefully hoping to assist those reading comprehensively challenged.

but to your point, we got ran by a team relying heavily on young players on ...what day? oh yea, Day 1.
1. No just getting better as the season goes on...as most normal people would expect.
2. We played with intensity against Duke, just got beat because they're better than us (right now). I suppose people like you are only happy when UK goes 38-0. Good luck with finding a team that works for you...moron.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
I’ll agree that the “bumps” and threads mocking certain individuals may be a bit much BUT some absolutely deserved it lol.

Nobody thinks we are world beaters or sure fire FF bound right now but the point is imbeciles on here (who genuinely seem to be unhappy in real life) were 100% completely wrong in their “we suck! Cal needs replaced! The players don’t respect the jersey! We’re loosing our blue blood status , Cal is “yesterday’s man ( @CatsnRoses ;) ) etc.

I genuinely thought we were probably going to lose yesterday but that’s a big difference from writing off our entire team, coach and season and just being a giant cloud of negativity

1. No just getting better as the season goes on...as most normal people would expect.
2. We played with intensity against Duke, just got beat because they're better than us (right now). I suppose people like you are only happy when UK goes 38-0. Good luck with finding a team that works for you...moron.

then why did you say finished product? I know I didn't say finished product, I said intensity.

It would appear you suppose alot of things....many of them wrong, and might be why you resort to insults when discussing them.

Last edited:
People do the same thing for wins. There are some here that are happier that they get to call out “negative” posters than they are that UK won.

It’s fine to be happy and post about us winning. I’m talking about making threads specifically to call out posters who aren’t sunshine and rainbow types.

You are my sunshine, my UK sunshine your happy posting is....

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT