ADVERTISEMENT

Rhianna Half Time Show

These type of threads are always a great reminder that when people say, “The world is screwed we’re all doomed!!!!” That in actuality we’re doing very well.

The fact people have time to watch and then discuss a Super Bowl halftime show for a week afterwards is enough a sign to show we have it pretty good.

So apparently the NFL creates a short list of stars that are popular (so mainstream pop often) and then the host city picks from that shortlist.

Who in those cities gets to choose? I don't know.
Apparently the person that’s chosen doesn’t get paid and actually has to out a couple mill into the performance themselves. It’s all about exposure.
Not sure why this thread went off the rails. But I do find it hilarious when someone prejudges an entire demographic, like “old white men”, and proclaims that demographic to be prejudiced. I laughed!

Back to the original topic… it wasn’t the worst ever halftime show! It was slightly better than the one featuring that clown that let a 6 year old with a tattoo gun draw doodles on his face.
I used to not listen to Post Malone either because I just didn’t understand his look I guess. Freaking dig that dude now, super talented and can sing his ass off. The music might not be your taste but bro is really good at what he does.

Apparently the person that’s chosen doesn’t get paid and actually has to out a couple mill into the performance themselves. It’s all about exposure.

I used to not listen to Post Malone either because I just didn’t understand his look I guess. Freaking dig that dude now, super talented and can sing his ass off. The music might not be your taste but bro is really good at what he does.
Yeah I like Post Malone a lot. Super talented. Down to earth guy.

These type of threads are always a great reminder that when people say, “The world is screwed we’re all doomed!!!!” That in actuality we’re doing very well.

The fact people have time to watch and then discuss a Super Bowl halftime show for a week afterwards is enough a sign to show we have it pretty good.
I thought we already proved that with GYERO.

Reactions: roguemocha
Old enough to understand that I am not the target audience for Super Bowl halftime shows. If members of the target audience liked that show, then I’m fine with that. But the OP asked for feedback on the show, so I gave mine.
I have found that usually when someone asks for your opinion they only want to know it if it aligns with their opinion. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: WildcatfaninOhio
Yeah I like Post Malone a lot. Super talented. Down to earth guy.
I don’t know what you mean.

But for anyone that doesn’t like the Super Bowl halftime, just relax, it probably wasn’t meant for you and that’s okay.

One day the people that like the music you hate, will be on FB yelling that the Super Bowl halftime show sucked and they should’ve had (insert older musician they like here).

But for anyone that doesn’t like the Super Bowl halftime, just relax, it probably wasn’t meant for you and that’s okay.

One day the people that like the music you hate, will be on FB yelling that the Super Bowl halftime show sucked and they should’ve had (insert older musician they like here).
I just meant I like the guy and he's a cool dude, not a diva or jerk.

You are right, I didn't like it, it wasn't meant for me and that is okay. I can have an opinion about what I like and don't like and so can those folks who did like it. That is what makes us all different but doesn't make either of us right or wrong. I don't watch the Super Bowl to get entertained at halftime anyway.

You are right, I didn't like it, it wasn't meant for me and that is okay. I can have an opinion about what I like and don't like and so can those folks who did like it. That is what makes us all different but doesn't make either of us right or wrong. I don't watch the Super Bowl to get entertained at halftime anyway.
Agreed. But I don’t see the point in coming to the internet to tell people you didn’t like something that if they know you they surely already know you didn’t like it. Or do we need to tell people we don’t know that we didn’t like it.

What really annoys me is that people get LEGIT mad about other people liking it or not liking it. Like who touching cares? This is what you want to argue about on the internet today?

I just meant I like the guy and he's a cool dude, not a diva or jerk.

I’m not a fan of his music at all. But at the beginning of the lockdown nonsense he did a tribute to nirvana video that was amazing. Both in quality of the music and set list. It was pretty clear he was a real fan because he opened with ‘Francis farmer will have her revenge in Seattle’ as opposed to ‘smells like teen spirit’.

That and I have seen numerous videos of him hanging out after ARENA shows to sign autographs and hanging out before shows just talking to fans and trying to please everyone.

Weird looking dude but he seems to be someone that truly appreciates his fans and sadly a lot of celebrities don’t

Reactions: VaxxedObamaCat
Agreed. But I don’t see the point in coming to the internet to tell people you didn’t like something that if they know you they surely already know you didn’t like it. Or do we need to tell people we don’t know that we didn’t like it.

What really annoys me is that people get LEGIT mad about other people liking it or not liking it. Like who touching cares? This is what you want to argue about on the internet today?
I mean the guy did start a thread asking what people thought. I guess I didn't realize it was only available for people who liked it to respond. Carry on.

“Hey, you kids, stop talking about the Halftime Show. It was only for those who liked it! And, get off my lawn. It’s not for you, either!”

I’m not a fan of his music at all. But at the beginning of the lockdown nonsense he did a tribute to nirvana video that was amazing. Both in quality of the music and set list. It was pretty clear he was a real fan because he opened with ‘Francis farmer will have her revenge in Seattle’ as opposed to ‘smells like teen spirit’.

That and I have seen numerous videos of him hanging out after ARENA shows to sign autographs and hanging out before shows just talking to fans and trying to please everyone.

Weird looking dude but he seems to be someone that truly appreciates his fans and sadly a lot of celebrities don’t
Yeah I've heard his covers before. Guy can actually play music which is a rarity in his genre. I saw a video of him accidentally spill a fan's beer at a concert during maybe intermission/set change and when he came back out, he brought her a beer.

Not bad for a five headed fat chick wearing a neon great pumpkin outfit with a black man's Devo dancing around her.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT