ADVERTISEMENT

Retired NC State Supreme Court Justice: Bilas is wrong; NCAA can drop the hammer on UNCheat

No shit. It's the agenda where we want the NCAA to actually enforce both the spirit and the letter of the law, which they would, if this case didn't involve the golden child basketball program. Your program deserves to be incinerated in the heat of 1000 suns. That is true whether or not the NCAA has any idea what it's doing or whether it operates with a shred of consistency.

You can cry about how arbitrary it is to evaluate classes all you want, but at the end of the day, if the the N
CAA can OK or veto high school classes, they should damn sure be able to call shenanigans on your merry band of illiterates.

If the NCAA shouldn't technically be able to punish you for this, then that speaks 100% to what a hideous mess of an organization they are and 0% to any merit of UNC.

Yet so many of you are still out and about, puffing out your chests, as if your technicalities actually serve as exoneration.

It is beyond embarrassing. Have some dignity.

Post of the day!

Reactions: KFuqua
Jay is getting sloppy. In the UL case, he said that there is not one shred of evidence anyone besides McGee knew what was going on. Not even close to true. I think he has been used to people not really knowing the details in these matters, or people like this guy knowing as much or more than him about law.

And we thought Vitale was the ring kisser of the coaching fraternity. Bilas has trouble with fair and balanced.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Bilas is trying to be the next Dick Vitale by slurping every team so as to try and make himself look like the ulitimate ambassador for NCAA basketball. The problem with all this is that he's hideously fake and everyone knows it.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Who do you think taught them the Carolina Way?
Frank McGuire. He got busted and they let Dean Smith take over. Smith upped the ante and brought in N'yangoro to start the AA studies program to keep kids eligible.

They have a guy that supplies cars to players and his girlfriend gives them a test that says they are learning disabled which allows them to have test questions asked orally. They are dirty on so many levels. Roy let a known drug dealer deal out of one of his houses, and as a coach, you can't get much dirtier than that.

Reactions: jarms24
The other day Mike and Mike had Bilas on; as they were introducing him Greeny said if there was a college basketball commissioner, it should be Jay Bilas. I almost threw up in my mouth.

The other day Mike and Mike had Bilas on; as they were introducing him Greeny said if there was a college basketball commissioner, it should be Jay Bilas. I almost threw up in my mouth.

Yeah Jay Bilas' one and only rule would be .... there are no rules... let college fight club begin.

Think about over the years....... He's been against punishing players and schools in every scenario.

Reactions: jarms24
Yeah Jay Bilas' one and only rule would be .... there are no rules... let college fight club begin.

Think about over the years....... He's been against punishing players and schools in every scenario.

He repeatedly defended PJ Hairston and publicly called for the NCAA to reinstate him. He even said that the whole thing was ridiculous and ripped the NCAA. I don't think he ever apologized to the NCAA when it was revealed that UNC never sought to have PJH reinstated!

If Jay had his way, Wheels for Heels and hookers would be legal for college players. I think the guy is now a stain on college sports.

Greedy is a suck up. Can't stand that show, I do like Goliath, tho.

"Orr is a retired N.C. Supreme Court Justice and UNC graduate. He has represented four UNC football players under NCAA investigation, including one charged with, and ultimately cleared of, a 10.1 violation. He is currently co-counsel representing former UNC athletes in a proposed class action arising from the academic issues."

I want to believe he's being neutral but after reading this footnote, it would appear he is just bolstering his case in a public forum.

"Orr is a retired N.C. Supreme Court Justice and UNC graduate. He has represented four UNC football players under NCAA investigation, including one charged with, and ultimately cleared of, a 10.1 violation. He is currently co-counsel representing former UNC athletes in a proposed class action arising from the academic issues."

I want to believe he's being neutral but after reading this footnote, it would appear he is just bolstering his case in a public forum.
Like how UNC bolsters its case anytime someone from that diploma mill gets in front of a microphone. Dodge, Deny, Deflect, Disassemble, Distract.

No shit. It's the agenda where we want the NCAA to actually enforce both the spirit and the letter of the law, which they would, if this case didn't involve the golden child basketball program. Your program deserves to be incinerated in the heat of 1000 suns. That is true whether or not the NCAA has any idea what it's doing or whether it operates with a shred of consistency.

You can cry about how arbitrary it is to evaluate classes all you want, but at the end of the day, if the the N
CAA can OK or veto high school classes, they should damn sure be able to call shenanigans on your merry band of illiterates.

If the NCAA shouldn't technically be able to punish you for this, then that speaks 100% to what a hideous mess of an organization they are and 0% to any merit of UNC.

Yet so many of you are still out and about, puffing out your chests, as if your technicalities actually serve as exoneration.

It is beyond embarrassing. Have some dignity.
Exactly. All they have to say about it is to keep crying that the NCAA has no jurisdiction, ignoring the fact that they cheated for decades. And I suspect they are still cheating. No remorse, no apologies, not the slightest amount of shame. UNC destroyed the idea of fair competition, not to mention the exploitation of their own student-athletes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT