ADVERTISEMENT

Reid Travis is solid.

Hope he's okay. I had a corneal abrasion that was no fun.
I had a copper wire hit me in the eye few years ago.It felt like I woke up with a piece of glass in my eye and it burned for 2 weeks so bad. The was miserable but when the eye doctor put them pain reliever drops in my eyes it felt so good. Just to get some relief but hr later it wore off. I hated it it was horrid!

Not starting seemed to motivate Travis. Good move by Cal.
I like EJ with PJ just fine.

Reactions: chroix
I like Reid, but man is he very rigid in his movements and slow-footed. You don't have to be a great athlete to play in the NBA, but I dont know that the league right now has many players like him athletically.

Once our young guards figure out how to get Reid and EJ better quality touches we will be fine. PJ has been solid facing the basket, he's creating a lot for himself. EJ and Reid don't have that same ability, but they can be deadly when given quality touches (and off of rebounds, of course) as we've seen.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
I love Travis' ability to rebound and establish good positions on the low block. He'd be a ton better if he could elevate a little more and get his shot off without shooting from hip-level.
But he draws contact and takes up a lot of space under the basket.
However, I hope he can pass the ball out to open shooters more when he's covered up.
All in all, he's a good addition to this team.

I like Reid, but man is he very rigid in his movements and slow-footed. You don't have to be a great athlete to play in the NBA, but I dont know that the league right now has many players like him athletically.

Good thing UK doesn't play in the NBA. Personally, I'm fine with having good "college" players. We've had plenty of guys with "NBA bodies" or "NBA athleticism" that struggle to dribble three times without turning it over and couldn't score double digits if you left them in the gym alone for an hour.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT