ADVERTISEMENT

Adou’s Solid, But His Back is Not

CincyUKFan

Senior
Dec 1, 2009
Bangkok, Thailand
I don’t know what’s going on with this dude, but when he was on the court he made winning plays. I believe he made just one poor play - giving up an and-1, and Cal pulled him. Outside of that, he hit the open three, drove strong to the rack, drove baseline and found open guys, which put their defense in rotation. He was great and Cal needs to find 25 minutes for him.

Well.. I'll say this. Maybe it WAS the right call by the staff to keep him on the bench for this long. I figured it was too cautious.. but I guess not.

We should prepare to essentially not have Adou at our disposal for rest of the season.. and if he IS available, then consider our selves lucky.

.. as lucky as a team can be with 3 or 4 injuries every year.

If this is the case, cal needs to start playing big Z at the 4 some. If you have to play zone so be it.. But Mitchell has been awful for a while.

Reactions: CincyUKFan
I like him in there. He can drive that ball. Makes things happen.

Did not like seeing that warming brace on his back. I thought he aggravated it one time when he hit the floor.
Hope he’s ok.

Reactions: BlueSince92
Thiero wouldn't sniff the court on past great UK teams.
Shows how far Kentucky has fallen that they need a healthy Thiero
Theiro is exactly the type that our great teams have had. An Epps, a Hesheimu, a D.Miller, a James Lee, and all 4 of those guys helped win us a ring. He is easily our best defender, he is one of our top 3 rebounders (behind Onyenso and Z), he is by far our most physical player and driver. And he doesn't require shots.
Theiro is far from our best player, probably not even top 5, but he might be our most important player (edging out Mitchell). Yes, the 4 guards are all very good, but he have someone else who can do well what any one of them brings to the table.

Last edited:
I understand you don't wanna mess with a back injury, but seems Cal's teams are injury prone. What about Pitino's teams? I don't remember much. All I can remember is Derrick Anderson's season ending acl tear in '97, and Jeff Sheppard had a high ankle sprain during the 98 championship run, which didn't seem to slow him down. Also Bogan's injury under Tubby...he still played. But Cal's teams seem to be plagued with injuries the past few years.

Theiro is exactly the type that our great teams have had. An Epps, a Hesheimu, a D.Miller, a Charles Lee, and all 4 of those guys helped win us a ring. He is easily our best defender, he is one of our top 3 rebounders (behind Onyenso and Z), he is by far our most physical player and driver. And he doesn't require shots.
Theiro is far from our best player, probably not even top 5, but he might be our most important player (edging out Mitchell). Yes, the 4 guards are all very good, but he have someone else who can do well what any one of them brings to the table.
Who the hell is Charles Lee? Whoever he is he didn't win any title for UK

Who the hell is Charles Lee? Whoever he is he didn't win any title for UK

He was the guy created by scientists in a lab when they combined the genetics of Charles Hurt and James Lee. He was 6'5", weighed 280, with 0.1% body fat. He could bench press 910 pounds and squat 1280. Players for other teams fainted when they saw him in warmups. He once tore down a basketball goal simply by looking at it.

I understand you don't wanna mess with a back injury, but seems Cal's teams are injury prone. What about Pitino's teams? I don't remember much. All I can remember is Derrick Anderson's season ending acl tear in '97, and Jeff Sheppard had a high ankle sprain during the 98 championship run, which didn't seem to slow him down. Also Bogan's injury under Tubby...he still played. But Cal's teams seem to be plagued with injuries the past few years.
Also Brassow (knee), Dent (knee), & Prickett all had season ending injuries.

But I think this generation of kids/players is just softer when it comes to non-serious injuries. So a sprained ankle that would have kept a player out for 1 game in the 90's is now 4 games in the 20's. That said, I don't think that is the case with Theiro, backs are different (very slow recovery & easy to have a setback).

Reactions: Jack2936
As have people in the pro scouting business. This dude is on NBA radars despite being buried on the bench last year and being injured this year.

At this point, he probably would need to progress through the G-league pipeline. I like him a lot, especially his effort. But back problems may keep teams at bay.

He was the guy created by scientists in a lab when they combined the genetics of Charles Hurt and James Lee. He was 6'5", weighed 280, with 0.1% body fat. He could bench press 910 pounds and squat 1280. Players for other teams fainted when they saw him in warmups. He once tore down a basketball goal simply by looking at it.
And he missed many layups just like Charles Hurt. Hurt was utterly useless.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT