ADVERTISEMENT

Refs simply don't like Cal

SemperFiCat

All-American
Mar 2, 2009
Central Indy
After seeing years of Kentucky games vs other games. How some teams get home whistles, but we don't. How Kentucky rarely ever seems to get the benefit of the doubt on whistles. Etc, etc, etc. I believe Cal simply has a negative reputation among NCAA officials, and they simply don't like him. Maybe that's just being a whiny home fan, but I'm convinced we rarely seem to get decent whistles.

(Not implying tonight's refs are causing this terrible performance, just a simple observation from the past few Cal years)

After seeing years of Kentucky games vs other games. How some teams get home whistles, but we don't. How Kentucky rarely ever seems to get the benefit of the doubt on whistles. Etc, etc, etc. I believe Cal simply has a negative reputation among NCAA officials, and they simply don't like him. Maybe that's just being a whiny home fan, but I'm convinced we rarely seem to get decent whistles.

(Not implying tonight's refs are causing this terrible performance, just a simple observation from the past few Cal years)
They hate him. It's the biggest reason I feel we'll never win another one w/ cal at the helm

Some of you want to talk about Cal so badly you do any mental gymnastics you can to include him. News flash, college refs are terrible every time there is a road game in the SEC and UK is involved. Been like this before Cal and will be like that after, they get so caught up in the fans they might as well get in the student section.

Reactions: DeerTurkHunter1
I was actually thinking about this today. As tired as most of us are of his bloviating, how do you think the refs feel? Imagine having that in your ear for 2 hours a night?

And I’m the last guy to defend refs. But at least some of them are just trying to do their jobs.

The refs work for the NCAA. The NCAA detests Calipari. Add in the rooferee thing, and the name Kentucky and you get a triple whammy.

All of that before we even talk about money. 2015 ---- Vegas.

The foul on Reed at the end of the half was as clean a block as you could find and it cost UK two points. I don’t know if that was called because the officials hate Cal or because they are simply too old and slow to keep up with the game and call fouls they think will happen, but it was a horrible call by an official behind the play that gave Arkansas free points. Officials should be punished for things like that but we know they won’t be.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat

To be honest fans of UK are becoming the same way toward him..

• Love
Reactions: ukjenning44
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT