ADVERTISEMENT

Cal's Apology and Moment of Reflection is Several Years Too Late.

CUJO_1970

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2013
EARNED NOT GIVEN
What Cal said this evening in his radio show is simply too little and too late.

"Nobody is hurting more than me" - Good lord are you kidding me? The nerve of making 9 million dollars a year and letting those words leave your mouth is really something else.

Cal may have said some of the right things, but the egregious nature and years of substandard results has taken Kentucky basketball to new depths...all while collecting massive sums of money...this "come to Jesus" moment should have happened after losing to Bruce FREAKING Weber or 9-16 or any number of disgusting failures, like Evansville etc etc.

Bilking the fans out of the SECT, destroying Kentucky traditions, embarrassing and dismal performance in the Champion's Classic every single year, falling far behind the other Blue Bloods, double digit losses every single year, losses in Rupp Arena and pathetic flame-outs to St. Peters and Oakland (Oakland!!). The exhausting roster turnovers every damn year and pushing players out the door have created a 0ne-and-done culture where Kentucky basketball is pushed far down the list of priorities.

His pathetic roster management (it doesn't matter who starts) and lack of coaching basic fundamentals (Analytic breakdowns have been exposed online in hilarious fashion)...

Sadly - it seems Barnhart is going to fall for it...but nothing will really change and we will sit through the same failures and same excuses we get every single year. Cal never recovered from the Covid year. He got fat and lazy and rich having no accountablility and being on the recieveing end of one of the worst if not the worst contract given to any coach in college basketball history.

Having him back next year will be ruinous for the program.

Barnhart better think long and hard. His legacy is riding on this decision. If he keeps him and he whiffs again, the fans will be out with the pitchforks again and they'll be coming for him next time.

I think Barnhart should be fired tomorrow. He’s the one that put us in this mess. If it weren’t for the $33million buyout he’d be fired tomorrow and that’s Barnharts doing.

Not that Stoops will be fired, but he put us in a bad spot with him too. His buyout is over $50 million!

I think Barnhart should be fired tomorrow. He’s the one that put us in this mess.

Apparently Mitch already notified Cal's agent and said he will be back next year, with needed changes (most likely staff, more returning players blah blah blah)

Next year has the potential to be truly awful - our incoming class is not even close to what we had last year.

Reactions: RunninRichie

"Nobody is hurting more than me" - Good lord are you kidding me? The nerve of making 9 million dollars a year and letting those words leave your mouth is really something else.

Cal may have said some of the right things, but the egregious nature and years of substandard results has taken Kentucky basketball to new depths...all while collecting massive sums of money...this "come to Jesus" moment should have happened after losing to Bruce FREAKING Weber or 9-16 or any number of disgusting failures, like Evansville etc etc.

Bilking the fans out of the SECT, destroying Kentucky traditions, embarrassing and dismal performance in the Champion's Classic every single year, falling far behind the other Blue Bloods, double digit losses every single year, losses in Rupp Arena and pathetic flame-outs to St. Peters and Oakland (Oakland!!). The exhausting roster turnovers every damn year and pushing players out the door have created a 0ne-and-done culture where Kentucky basketball is pushed far down the list of priorities.

His pathetic roster management (it doesn't matter who starts) and lack of coaching basic fundamentals (Analytic breakdowns have been exposed online in hilarious fashion)...

Sadly - it seems Barnhart is going to fall for it...but nothing will really change and we will sit through the same failures and same excuses we get every single year. Cal never recovered from the Covid year. He got fat and lazy and rich having no accountablility and being on the recieveing end of one of the worst if not the worst contract given to any coach in college basketball history.

2015 was the optimal time, 2017 was his last chance. Either time and I bet he had 1, maybe 2, more titles.

What apology are you talking about? We must’ve listened to different radio shows
EXACTLY!!!

Cal NEVER "apologized" for ANYTHING!!!

He just CONTINUED to give the SAME excuses he has given for the last 4 years!!!

He has been a BROKEN RECORD!!

He is STILL pushing the same agenda he has for years and tries to justify it with the fans by spewing his BS!!

It's apparent that he will continue to put the names on the back of the jersey ABOVE the name on the front.

Mitch needs to go with him when all of this CRUMBLES once again next March!!!!

SAD

It’s the boy who cried wolf one too many times, kind of hard to take what he says seriously now. It won’t be a fun summer around here- I’m guessing mostly everyone declares (some may transfer), we wait around for their decision because you can’t rush them. The portal dries up, and we won’t have a last second transfer fall in our laps like Mitchell. The pressure is going be nuclear on this team, fair or not.

My brother saw something over the weekend where Duke fans was saying. How much longer is Kentucky going to put up with Calipari. It's got so bad here that fans of other schools can't believe that UK hasn't got rid of Calipari. Would Alabama football accept something like this? And as far as Calipari changing. He's 65 years old. He's been coaching for 42 years. He's been here 15 years. He is what he is & it ain't going to change. If he's back here next year it will be the same thing all over again.

Reactions: ManitouDan
Cal hasn't apologized for crap. And even if he had it wouldn't be good enough. All I want to hear out of him is I QUIT. But he's a greedy piece of shit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT