ADVERTISEMENT

Reeves today

Someone will still tell him he’ll go in the first round…and he’ll believe it.

And Cal will be all for it, given that “players first” thing.

Reactions: dean_oliver222
This is not surprising. This is exactly how he performed at UK when facing the best competition.

The fact that we so desperately need a streaky offensive player and defensive liability (from Illinois St.) to return to our squad is a great example of how far we have fallen.
He is still a really good player and a lot of teams in the nation would want him. He was asked to be a number one option last year, he should be third or fourth option which he should be this year

This is not surprising. This is exactly how he performed at UK when facing the best competition.

The fact that we so desperately need a streaky offensive player and defensive liability (from Illinois St.) to return to our squad is a great example of how far we have fallen.
He was better against better competition as the season went on for the most part. Absolutely destroyed Arkansas at Arkansas. Sure, he had a clunker against KSU. But, I absolutely want Reeves back. We may not have even made the NCAA tourney without his play down the stretch. We would surround him with better talent next year. I'll absolutely take that.

He dropped 37 on the road against a back court with 2 future first rounders.

I’ll be honest the whole G League Combine event is dumb to me. Reeves was always coming back whether he made a 3 or 2 at this dumb thing. Hopefully next week is big for UK with adding two nice 5th year senior players in Reeves and Johnson.
They atleast get to play the scrimmage in front of nba teams and get feedback

Reactions: chroix

Actually he shot pretty damn well against a lot of the high level competition we played this year. Not against K state. But he did against a lot of higher end sec opponents. And of course Providence

I remember back in the good old days when we had players like Malik Monk and Jamal Murray and Doron Lamb and Devin Booker. But we still need him back.

Reactions: NociHTTP
What do we need him back for?

He can’t guard. He can’t pass.

He’s a practice player at best.

There’s a dozen guys playing on intramural teams at UK that fill Reeves spot.
A practice player who scored 37 against Arkansas, and was Kentuckys best scorer all year, yeah that guy sucks, I know we are frustrated with cal and how things are going but cmon man this is a ridiculous POV

Until.you realize that Calipari has had way more talent at UK in his time here, and that he continues to push the likes of Reeves to the draft.
My biggest complaint by far is the way UK has been building rosters. You can have a team of 8th graders with tons of “talent.” The point is who has the best basketball players AT THE MOMENT. UK has generally not had the best basketball players at the moment. They’ve had top draft picks. There’s a difference. Now if we had a time machine and could bring all the “talent” back after they become great basketball players in the NBA, we’re in business to win a Title. But that freshman “talent” has routinely been (and will continue) getting beat by better basketball players - and would regardless of who the coach is, in my opinion. Although it is certainly the coach who decides how to build the roster.

Actually he shot pretty damn well against a lot of the high level competition we played this year. Not against K state. But he did against a lot of higher end sec opponents. And of course Providence
Yep, he was a big reason we beat Providence too. We will have a lot more scorers around him next year and not entirely dependent upon whether he's off or on in a given game.

My biggest complaint by far is the way UK has been building rosters. You can have a team of 8th graders with tons of “talent.” The point is who has the best basketball players AT THE MOMENT. UK has generally not had the best basketball players at the moment. They’ve had top draft picks. There’s a difference. Now if we had a time machine and could bring all the “talent” back after they become great basketball players in the NBA, we’re in business to win a Title. But that freshman “talent” has routinely been (and will continue) getting beat by better basketball players - and would regardless of who the coach is, in my opinion. Although it is certainly the coach who decides how to build the roster.
Well said

Reactions: G-PIP and NociHTTP
I want Reeves back, but I also think we need at least 2 of the freshman to be really good scorers from the jump. If Reeves is our 4th or 5th option that's a good spot for him. I don't think he's someone you can rely on night in and night out

Reactions: Rockford
This camp was him attempting to get invited to the NBA Combine. That won't be happening. So he got a taste and will get to hear what he needs to focus on-and let's face it when you are labeled a shooter/scorer, you have to make open shots and score.
There won’t be too many teams that have a guy who could score 37 points at Arkansas coming off their bench.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT