ADVERTISEMENT

Reeves Appreciation

Oct 30, 2009
Big shout out to Reeves, thank you, Man for coming back, for putting up only the 2nd 20 ppg average in Cal's tenure. For doing all that and everyone talks first about 3 or 4 other players before you. You just go out and get the job done night in and out, greatly appreciate it.

I love that you were a 3 star and only 2nd team all city in Chicago. And you took the hard road to becoming a superstar at a major program. I hope you make a gazillion dollars at the next level and I'll be rooting for you.

I love this guy, you never see drama on his face. Just focused pursuit. I hope he gets to redeem himself from the NCAA game last year and goes bezerk for us to lead us back to the promise land. I will be the first to buy his NBA jersey if so.

He is the MOST efficient scorer in ALL of college basketball!!!

He has had a 1st team All-American type of season!!!

He keeps an even keel and plays like an ASSASSIN!!

Thank you Antonio for returning to UK and playing so well and providing leadership for this year's team!!

Here's to winning 10 more games!!!

Big shout out to Reeves, thank you, Man for coming back, for putting up only the 2nd 20 ppg average in Cal's tenure. For doing all that and everyone talks first about 3 or 4 other players before you. You just go out and get the job done night in and out, greatly appreciate it.

I love that you were a 3 star and only 2nd team all city in Chicago. And you took the hard road to becoming a superstar at a major program. I hope you make a gazillion dollars at the next level and I'll be rooting for you.
I agree, he is one of the most under appreciated players in the country. Every time I watch a video it’s about Rob and Reed. Rightfully so but We wouldn’t by nearly what we are without Reeves. He makes us go every night. We need a bucket, he’s our guy.

I think, but don’t know, he’s got a very legit chance in the league. He may need to put on a couple of lbs. I’m sure they love his shooting and floaters. All the clips I watched two years ago he was playing pg for that last team (forgot name) so he can handle as well.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Love that the bigger the shot the calmer he is. All business and so efficient even in his movements. You can tell he has lived in the gym and honed his shot and his handle.

I love this guy, you never see drama on his face. Just focused pursuit. I hope he gets to redeem himself from the NCAA game last year and goes bezerk for us to lead us back to the promise land. I will be the first to buy his NBA jersey if so.
Well the good thing this year is that UK has plenty of other options offensively outside of Reeves...so if he is having an off game, in theory, plenty of other guys should be able to pick him up offensively...so he shouldn't feel the need to keep shooting.

Didn't have that luxury last year when he was awful against KST. We needed him to keep shooting, unfortunately.

No question. Could not be more appreciative of him and the way he went about it. Thats why I think he will be a much better pro than some think, he has a pro mentality now in the way he goes about his business and he's polished his game to score at that level too.

And we forget how close he came to leaving last summer to go somewhere else. Turns out he was our biggest get of the off season.

No question. Could not be more appreciative of him and the way he went about it. Thats why I think he will be a much better pro than some think, he has a pro mentality now in the way he goes about his business and he's polished his game to score at that level too.

And we forget how close he came to leaving last summer to go somewhere else. Turns out he was our biggest get of the off season.

According to @UKBB4Ever he is a practice player lol.

UKBB4Ever said:
He's not holding anyone hostage. No one is in a panic except the super minority here that think they are a majority.

NIL doesn't work like that super minority says either.

And Reeves is a practice player. Who cares where he goes other than the super minority?

• Haha

UKBB4Ever said:
He's not holding anyone hostage. No one is in a panic except the super minority here that think they are a majority.

And Reeves is a practice player. Who cares where he goes other than the super minority?
That dude's idiocy was established long before that post...

Reactions: UKortho

UKBB4Ever said:

Message board genius the brownie maker is.

Reactions: UKortho
Love Antonio. Quick question for the stat geeks: does his little teardrop floater get marked as a shot at the rim or a mid-range?
If you’re inside the free throw line, that’s not the “don’t take midrange” that ppl are referencing when talking about “layups and 3s” are statically the best way to play offense. I’d argue floater range is more layup and I’d prefer an open floater just short of meeting the defender at the rim, over a bodied up hard contested layup.

Guards taking floaters = good. Big men (Toppin/Brooks) consistently taking 5-18foot jumpers = bad

If you’re inside the free throw line, that’s not the “don’t take midrange” that ppl are referencing when talking about “layups and 3s” are statically the best way to play offense. I’d argue floater range is more layup and I’d prefer an open floater just short of meeting the defender at the rim, over a bodied up hard contested layup.

Guards taking floaters = good. Big men (Toppin/Brooks) consistently taking 5-18foot jumpers = bad
Well said, I’ll add the 1 to 2 step jumper just inside the 3 point line to that as well. Just shoot the 3.

Reactions: EliteBlue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT