ADVERTISEMENT

Reds

Not sure if he is or isn't. Haven't heard anything on media about them holding him out. He definitely was off last start. If he's going it'll be against the Rockies this weekend. Should be Sanmartin, Gutierrez and Mahle v San Diego IIRC

Not sure if he is or isn't. Haven't heard anything on media about them holding him out. He definitely was off last start. If he's going it'll be against the Rockies this weekend. Should be Sanmartin, Gutierrez and Mahle v San Diego IIRC
Strange they'd hold him out at home only to start in Colorado's thin air. Of course, that has "Reds" written all over it.

Reactions: CB3UK and kybloo92
Meanwhile, Michael Lorenzon threw 6 SHO innings last night for his 2nd win as a starter and Iglesias got his 3rd save for the Angels. :mad:

India back in the lineup tonight! Can't wait for Stephenson to return and Solano to make his Reds debut. I can see Solano having an impact like Jose Iglesias and Cozart at times for the Reds. Doubt he's a silver slugger for us again but anywhere close would be big for this team. Forgetting about Schrock too, he's valuable for his role as a utility player and a bat off the bench. None of them will change the direction of this season however it's an upgrade to some of the jokers the Reds trot out there each night so far.

Meanwhile, Michael Lorenzon threw 6 SHO innings last night for his 2nd win as a starter and Iglesias got his 3rd save for the Angels. :mad:
Iglesias caught too much shit from Reds fans. Outside of his rookie year as a starter and going into an offseason with program that year to build up shoulder strength, he had only 1 other season with an ERA no higher than 2.74, around 30 saves on some lousy Reds teams and MLB network saying he was a top 5 closer last year. Grand prize in return for Raisel? Noe Ramirez no longer in the organization, went back to Anaheim and no longer with them again.

Last edited:
9-1 in the 4th

squidward-spongebob.gif

• Haha
Reactions: CB3UK
Sanmartin may be better suited in long relief like he was vs the Dodgers earlier this year. Gutierrez's spot likely on the hook as well when both Castillo & Mike Minor are back. As much as I wish the Reds did not have Minor's contract at his age too, can't imagine him not in the rotation. It will still be nice to have 1 if not both of these guys stretched out to start to skip a start for Lodolo & Greene going forward. Still in the camp we lose 1, maybe both Castillo/Mahle by July 31st. By no means mess with Jeff Hoffman's role. For once he is serviceable in his career and like him in a long relief role.

Last edited:
I'm interested to see if Hunter's velo is back tomorrow. And just how he fares in Denver.

I'm grasping on to anything I can at this point boys. It's not even May. We've got a lot of bad baseball ahead of us 😆

Moustakas had 2 hits, 2 runs scored and an RBI today. That's huge for him, it's the small things in life to look forward to. I guess he's got his quota in for the All-Star Break. He may have more IL stints than home runs this year.

Hate to see Lodolo on the IL as he was really starting to find some consistency in the past 2 starts.

Need more people like Pete Rose and Nick Castellanos who call bullshit when they see it. Not saying anything at all and taking a stance is condoning the direction Reds ownership is taking. The Reds ownership is content to rely on the traditions and loyalty of long time Reds fans who support this team more than the ownership deserves. Like Castellanos said, what is going to happen as time passes on and tradition is forgotten. It's already happening with generations that know Reds baseball as one of the worst franchises in all of pro sports.

3-17. Holy cow. Hey it’s our record going head-to-head with Duke for recruits too! If we count Jai today’s game is an automatic loss.

So the Reds stretch out Santillan in Spring Training to be a starter and need to fill an opening tonight with Lodolo injured and you have the spot start Cessa got in LA. Cincinnati calls up a guy even the Pirates cut bait with. Santillan may be destined for the bullpen throughout his career but was a highly rated prospect in the Reds organization as a starter for years and passed by twice now. What the hell do you have to lose in developing young players in a lost season to find out what their strengths and weaknesses are? He had a decent start vs the Rockies in 2021 and Coors Field doesn't change no matter who you are as a pitcher. Numbskull logic rears its head again from the FO. It goes beyond just being cheap at this point but a combination of arrogance and incompetence in the Castellini regime.

Last edited:
Color me shocked by Overton tonight. Pitched the game of his career and surpassed my expectations by a country mile. To make room for him, the Aristides Aquino experiment is finally over barring he isn't claimed by another club on waivers.

India back on the IL again. All you can do is laugh and just can't get mad anymore like with Kentucky. It is what it is.

Last edited:
Senzel plays a deep warning track out into a bases loaded, base clearing double. Major League CF makes that catch.

Need to fire Alan Zinter at a minimum. Trash hitting coach. Yes, I am aware David Bell and the staff can only do so much with this AAA lineup. Whether it be Winker struggling with lefties last year, the significant decline of Suarez since he became the hitting coach. Aquino was never as good as the 2019 2 month stretch he had but hasn't even had a fraction of the production since then. He did nothing with Shogo, Moustakas and Nick Senzel. Nick should have been traded while he could be deemed a prospect with upside. We'll see what happens whenever Barrero returns and it's still too early to write him off just yet.

Strickland who we thought would be our closer is tasked with putting out the fire in the 3rd inning. I'd love to have Marty Brennaman on WLW air waves about right now...

Need to fire Alan Zinter at a minimum. Trash hitting coach. Yes, I am aware David Bell and the staff can only do so much with this AAA lineup. Whether it be Winker struggling with lefties last year, the significant decline of Suarez since he became the hitting coach. Aquino was never as good as the 2019 2 month stretch he had but hasn't even had a fraction of the production since then. He did nothing with Shogo, Moustakas and Nick Senzel. Nick should have been traded while he could be deemed a prospect with upside. We'll see what happens whenever Barrero returns and it's still too early to write him off just yet.
I've given up on Senzel. He was a Top 5 pick, actually the second player taken overall. That should be All Star material, should be hitting in the .300 area with 20+ HRs, 80+ RBIs. He's struggling to hit .200, has become a singles hitter if he hits at all plus he can't stay healthy(you can book it, he'll be on the IL by June). Problem is because of his health it's unlikely the Reds can find anyone to take him. And if you saw today's game(Sunday), he played a warning track fly ball into a bases loaded double that scored three.

Problem for the Reds is most of their talent is in the low minors, at least 2-3years away. What's on tap for the Reds now is to dump Mahle/Castillo at the trading deadline then prepare to give away India/Stevenson. Reds are 5 years away from playing .500 ball.

Totally agree about Zinter. How many times did Castillo lose a game because the final for us was like 2-0 or 2-1.

I'm interested to see if Hunter's velo is back tomorrow. And just how he fares in Denver.

I'm grasping on to anything I can at this point boys. It's not even May. We've got a lot of bad baseball ahead of us 😆
Normally, I watch games pretty regularly from when the season start until about mid to late July or when it's apparent they are solidly out of contention. didn't even make it out of April this year.

Dare I say they could actually set a record in futility this year? In the modern era (1900-present) the 1916 Philadelphia Athletics finished the season 36-117. At their current pace, the Reds are on track to win 26 games. At what point do they at least fire Bell?

Reactions: deep3
Normally, I watch games pretty regularly from when the season start until about mid to late July or when it's apparent they are solidly out of contention. didn't even make it out of April this year.

Dare I say they could actually set a record in futility this year? In the modern era (1900-present) the 1916 Philadelphia Athletics finished the season 36-117. At their current pace, the Reds are on track to win 26 games. At what point do they at least fire Bell?
I just love baseball, and the Reds, too much to quit watching. I may flip around to other games if we are just that bad. But remembering how awful it was with no sports during Covid, I'm not gonna miss an opportunity to watch, even if we are bad. Bad is definitely better than none at all.

Reactions: kybloo92
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT