ADVERTISEMENT

Redemption for SEC?

Nope. The SEC was way over-hyped this year. Probably in a vain attempt to make UK fans feel better about our program.

I know this - every team I watched last night would have beaten us handily this year and the past several. Sweet 16 is our absolute ceiling moving forward if there aren't VERY significant changes.

After all the underperformance and futility in the early rounds, prompting blistering criticism of the "overrated" SEC from the media and commentators, it would be pretty sweet for both Bama and Tennessee to reach the Final Four.
For the SEC to be respected in basketball, Kentucky has to be Kentucky & lead the way. The SEC depends on UK basketball. Kentucky has to do it's share by going to Elite-8's & Final Fours. Add that to Alabama being in the Elite-8 this year & Tennessee in the Sweet-16. Then the SEC would have nothing to be embarrassed about. But with UK having only 1 NCAA tournament win since 2019 that's a killer for the SEC's reputation as a high quality basketball conference.

Reactions: EliteBlue
After all the underperformance and futility in the early rounds, prompting blistering criticism of the "overrated" SEC from the media and commentators, it would be pretty sweet for both Bama and Tennessee to reach the Final Four.
I really could give 2 sh!ts...basketball season ended for me last thursday

I am thankful to bama for taking out unc. Only need UConn to take the gaspipe and I'll be ready to fully concentrate on golf, yardwork and whatnot.

Last edited:
Nope. The SEC was way over-hyped this year. Probably in a vain attempt to make UK fans feel better about our program.

I know this - every team I watched last night would have beaten us handily this year and the past several. Sweet 16 is our absolute ceiling moving forward if there aren't VERY significant changes.
You realize we beat UNC on a neutral court and laid 117 on Alabama, correct?

For the SEC to be respected in basketball, Kentucky has to be Kentucky & lead the way. The SEC depends on UK basketball. Kentucky has to do it's share by going to Elite-8's & Final Fours. Add that to Alabama being in the Elite-8 this year & Tennessee in the Sweet-16. Then the SEC would have nothing to be embarrassed about. But with UK having only 1 NCAA tournament win since 2019 that's a killer for the SEC's reputation as a high quality basketball conference.
That’s the Adolph Rupp model.

I always root for UT as hard as they’d root for us.
Oh, I’m sure they’re rooting for us right now. I’ve even seen orange and white shirts with Keep Cal on them(KSRr post I think). That’s some kind of rooting from those hicks down south.

Reactions: chroix
I always root for UT as hard as they’d root for us.
michael cohen GIF

Reactions: UK90 and chroix
You realize we beat UNC on a neutral court and laid 117 on Alabama, correct?
Yes - the Alabama part of that comment doesn't help your argument. It's hurts it.

UNC was clearly our best win along with TN. Any other SEC win was likely fool's gold.

Yes - the Alabama part of that comment doesn't help your argument. It's hurts it.

UNC was clearly our best win along with TN. Any other SEC win was likely fool's gold.
I think we’re on the same page. We probably wouldn’t have beaten Alabama or UNC last night. But we did earlier in the season. Just shows you how Cal’s teams regress throughout this season. From 2010-2020 they always peaked in March. From 2021-24 they regress. All on him.

No to UT, I'm ok ffor Bama..I still hope that UT is still hunting for their 1st FF EVER

Imo the sec caught people's best games in the tournament. Same happened vs bama when two putrid shooters couldn't miss most of the game.

Man eff the SEC. What is they do for us exactly? Oh yeah, they make sure their great refs call our basketball and football games fairly.

Oh wait....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT